Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

"You're welcome!"

#easymoney
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject:

"From the bottom of me heart, I want to take this opportunity to apologize....TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY! THE DOUBLE CHAMP DOES WHAT THE F HE WANTS!...".

This guy's comedic timing is genius. Gd you McG!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Wonderboy got scewed

Eh dunno about that, he's lucky to get draws on 2 scorecards actually... 47-47 I think this is a fair score but you can understand how Round 2 can go 10-9 Woodley. There's no way Wonderboy should win this fight. Draw is fair.

Woodley vs. Wonderboy

1: 10-9
2: 9-10
3: 9-10
4: 10-8
5: 9-10

47-47
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
"From the bottom of me heart, I want to take this opportunity to apologize....TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY! THE DOUBLE CHAMP DOES WHAT THE F HE WANTS!...".

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I'm really happy for Eddie. He deserves this payday. I'm even more happy for Connor. He did what GSP and BJ couldn't do - hold 2 titles at once.

same, I'm happy for Eddie for the cash, I like the dude, sad to see him humiliated. but goooood damn, Conor is special, unicorn ass. (can you even refer to the toughest guy in the world as a unicorn?) hmm..
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

Didn't catch the fight but I'm shocked to hear Eddie decided to break from the game plan and instead tried to stand up with Connor. But big ups to the notorious for holding it down and making history. Heard his post fight interview. Sure looks like retirement is a very real possibility. With all that cheese and in his current condition, I think he should. It would be for all the right reasons (family, financially worry-free, legacy and health). Now you've got guys like Woodley calling him out. Best to leave with his star red giant status. But, as history has clearly shown, that's the most difficult thing for professional combatants to do.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

seriously.. I about died when he said that!!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Wonderboy got scewed

Eh dunno about that, he's lucky to get draws on 2 scorecards actually... 47-47 I think this is a fair score but you can understand how Round 2 can go 10-9 Woodley. There's no way Wonderboy should win this fight. Draw is fair.

Woodley vs. Wonderboy

47-47

It goes without saying that Woodley won rounds 1 and 4. However, I thought Wonderboy clearly won the other rounds. I was surprised to see that both fighters landed an equal amount of significant strikes in round 2, but if you watch that round, it's clear that Wonderboy was the aggressor.

At any rate, I think your scorecard is correct, but I do question whether round 4 should've been a 10-8 round. I think the answer is yes, but I think the fact that Wonderboy finished the round on top while laying down some GNP might've been enough to steal back that point. Dana seems to agree. It goes without saying that there should be an immediate rematch.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

Khabib "the eagle" wrestling bears.. LOL

i think this guy could beat conor
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

I don't see The Eagle beating Conor. Conor just seems so precise in his shots.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Didn't catch the fight but I'm shocked to hear Eddie decided to break from the game plan and instead tried to stand up with Connor. But big ups to the notorious for holding it down and making history. Heard his post fight interview. Sure looks like retirement is a very real possibility. With all that cheese and in his current condition, I think he should. It would be for all the right reasons (family, financially worry-free, legacy and health). Now you've got guys like Woodley calling him out. Best to leave with his star red giant status. But, as history has clearly shown, that's the most difficult thing for professional combatants to do.

Eddie said that and honestly, it's just a way to reconcile with how tooled he got. It's as delusional to a degree as people saying "WHY DID RONDA STAND WITH HOLLY!?" (aka, Ronda's takedown style involves a clinch and she gets there by working her hands until she gets in).

Chael Sonnen broke it down best, the few times Eddie tried to close distance, he ate a kick to the gut and Conor could reset his distance. Sorry Eddie, he wasn't letting you take him down. Completely and utterly dominated.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Khabib "the eagle" wrestling bears.. LOL

i think this guy could beat conor

Khabib is absolutely terrifying. When he beat dowen Michael Johnson...wow. Dude was yelling at Dana White midfight as he's pummeling a top contender. Who even does that?

It'd be the ultimate style matchup. I'll give it to Conor but if Khabib got even a slight hold the way Eddie had on Conor the few times he was able to get close, Conor's going to be taken for a ride. Eddie is a beast but they overstated his wrestling credentials. He's an awesome MMA wrestler but his wrestling pedigree is high school. Khabib would ravage Eddie.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Here's a fun read. These are transcripts from the main event corners.

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/sraftery/complete-transcript-of-conor-mcgregor-and-eddie-alvarezs-corner-audio-at-ufc-205/

Absolute panic sets in in Eddie's corner. Everyone's got a plan...until they get punched in the fact.

Eddie's own words and this was about 1 minute into the fight (and the first of FIVE knockdowns): "The shot he hit me with, yeah, I think I threw a shot and he came over top cause I don't even remember, I just remember being on the floor and I was like wow that was quick," Alvarez said. "Whatever that was it was fast. I didn't feel like it hurt me crazy."
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
methdxman wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Wonderboy got scewed

Woodley vs. Wonderboy

47-47

It goes without saying that Woodley won rounds 1 and 4. However, I thought Wonderboy clearly won the other rounds. I was surprised to see that both fighters landed an equal amount of significant strikes in round 2, but if you watch that round, it's clear that Wonderboy was the aggressor.

At any rate, I think your scorecard is correct, but I do question whether round 4 should've been a 10-8 round. I think the answer is yes, but I think the fact that Wonderboy finished the round on top while laying down some GNP might've been enough to steal back that point. Dana seems to agree. It goes without saying that there should be an immediate rematch.

Wonderboy only wound up on top because he almost got choked out in that position. The round is 10-8 because he was almost finished twice. Because he failed on the last submission doesn't mean you give credit to wonderboy for being on top all of a sudden.

For me it's a clear, clear 10-8 round...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
methdxman wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Wonderboy got scewed

Woodley vs. Wonderboy

47-47

Wonderboy only wound up on top because he almost got choked out in that position. The round is 10-8 because he was almost finished twice. Because he failed on the last submission doesn't mean you give credit to wonderboy for being on top all of a sudden.

For me it's a clear, clear 10-8 round...

I'd be inclined to agree if Woodley dominated the entire round. However, he didn't. Wonderboy was in control of the round until he got knocked down. Sure, he wound up on top because Woodley failed on the guillotine, but at that point, Woodley was gassed and might've been finished had there been more time on the clock. Like I said, I won't criticize anyone for scoring round 4 a 10-8 round in favor of Woodley, but I think an argument can be made for simply a 10-9 round.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Another blow for UFC 206, Pettis misses weight by 3 pounds. He'll still fight Holloway, but he can't win the interim title because of missing weight.

Shame man, looking at Pettis it seems like cutting to 145 is a bit much for him. Nonetheless, really looking forward to the fight, him and Max are 2 of my favorites to watch.

Whatever happened to Pettis, he went from elite down to normal in the blink of an eye. Holloway on the other hand looks like he could become great in the near future.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Max is one of my favorite fighters to watch. Shame about Pettis missing weight.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Holloway must be happy - gets 20% of Pettis' purse, and is also the only one in the fight who can actually win the belt. Tyron Woodley once gave a guy who didn't make weight his money back...Don't think you'll see that ever again by any fighter.

Last edited by leor_77 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Making weight is really tough...I think they should have a rule where you have to be at a certain weight 24 hours before the final weight check. Not anything crazy, but a number that would make it "somewhat" reasonable to lose the rest of the weight within 24 hours.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Making weight is really tough...I think they should have a rule where you have to be at a certain weight 24 hours before the final weight check. Not anything crazy, but a number that would make it "somewhat" reasonable to lose the rest of the weight within 24 hours.

I think that's one of the things mentioned...that they're going to look at weighing fighters sporadically and they have to be a certain % from weight every X amount of days out from the fight. Those #'s are going to be what they deem safe as well.

If you're struggling that bad to make weight, you're probably trying to fight at a weight you shouldn't be.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Wow, so Conor McGregor cast in Game of Thrones. How f'ing cool is that? I always thought he would be perfect for that show...Has the look, personality, voice, etc.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Wow, so Conor McGregor cast in Game of Thrones. How f'ing cool is that? I always thought he would be perfect for that show...Has the look, personality, voice, etc.

I can't wait!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I can't wait!

Seriously!

He could be in Vikings, The Last Kingdom...any of those. Love me some McG!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 394 of 499
Jump to: