GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
This is really Mitch's worse offseason he has had and it might hurt us for 4 years. Wow just bad, he might need to stick to only drafting.

Yeah, that is why we suck so much and are favorites for a top 3 lottery pick. Oh wait, that was the past two seasons, not this one.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
This is really Mitch's worse offseason he has had and it might hurt us for 4 years. Wow just bad, he might need to stick to only drafting.

Yeah, that is why we suck so much and are favorites for a top 3 lottery pick. Oh wait, that was the past two seasons, not this one.

Agree with that, injuries have played a big role in our inconsistent play.

Basically since the start of the game we have had guys in and out of the line up and the team as a result hasn't had the chance to build chemistry and identity... Barring this team being healthy there gonna have a chance to make the playoffs but only if they are healthy and aren't playing short rotations.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just imagine how much more the vitriol would be if we were 2-20 or something like that.

Or if we had NY media. Noah is actually producing somewhat and is still getting killed in the media. Deng is giving us nothing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just imagine how much more the vitriol would be if we were 2-20 or something like that.

Or if we had NY media. Noah is actually producing somewhat and is still getting killed in the media. Deng is giving us nothing.

Not really. I love out there so the main issue is that the Knicks were supposed to be contending by now with the magical Phil at the helm of the team. They have a super max Melo, Porky, and a bunch of veterans and they are underachieving.

The Knicks are in a different place, expectations wise, than the Lakers were at the beginning of the year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not really. I love out there so the main issue is that the Knicks were supposed to be contending by now with the magical Phil at the helm of the team. They have a super max Melo, Porky, and a bunch of veterans and they are underachieving.

The Knicks are in a different place, expectations wise, than the Lakers were at the beginning of the year.

If anyone was expecting the Knicks to be a contender by now when Phil took over, they were kidding themselves. The Knicks have been a huge disaster for years before Phil ever took over. The Knicks actually look decent this year, though the Noah contract was a mistake, and so was the Melo contract, IMO (but one the Lakers front office was keen on making themselves).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If anyone was expecting the Knicks to be a contender by now when Phil took over, they were kidding themselves. The Knicks have been a huge disaster for years before Phil ever took over. The Knicks actually look decent this year, though the Noah contract was a mistake, and so was the Melo contract, IMO (but one the Lakers front office was keen on making themselves).

These are Knicks fans we are talking about. Delusion runs strong when it's been over 40 years since you've won a title, but think you're in the mix every year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

These are Knicks fans we are talking about. Delusion runs strong when it's been over 40 years since you've won a title, but think you're in the mix every year.

True.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

100 yard dash, who wins? who slows to a walk? and who goes into cardiac arrest before the finish line?

Metta, Deng or William Shatner?
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling this guy is gonna get the Kwame Brown treatment from the fans during home games.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I have a feeling this guy is gonna get the Kwame Brown treatment from the fans during home games.

I know he has problems, but the basic ability to catch the ball isn't one of them.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

oooh. good call. Our fans let the truth be known from time to time.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I guess a F.O. can't be perfect.. When I remember alll of the pieces we have, including Zubac - The truth is, we'll probably be just fine with Deng's horrible contract on the books.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

Completely brutal. I remember watching that game live. The worst thing they did was keep feeding him the ball. It destroyed his confidence even more.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Completely brutal. I remember watching that game live. The worst thing they did was keep feeding him the ball. It destroyed his confidence even more.

I remember watching that one live, too. There aren't too many regular season games that I can recall that far back watching live, but I definitely remember that one because of the third quarter sequence. It was so hard to watch. It was frustrating, but at the same time you couldn't help but feel so bad for him, especially since most of those bad plays during that third quarter were only happening because of his eagerness to make a good play and get the crowd back on his side. As a player it has to be a mental nightmare to play through a stretch like that. I hadn't seen anything like it at a home game and still haven't.

What made it doubly frustrating was that Bynum had already suffered his knee injury by then, which put a huge dark cloud over that fairy-tale season with the shocking roll that they had been on. Everything seemed to point to the reality that Bynum's injury would take them from competing for one of those top seeds in the West to dancing around in the 7th or 8th spot yet again. But not soon after that particular game, Mitch pulled a bunny out of a hat with the Gasol deal, and the rest was history. Ahh, fun times, fun times.

Cool seeing coach Walton in his playing days, too. Still looks exactly the same
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

What did Mitch do that was good?

He resigned clarkson which any gm would do. He drafted brandon which every gm would do.

Then gave moz 68 mil and deng 72 mil.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

He could have overpaid for Noah, or Solomon Hill, or Crabbe, or Parsons like many here wanted him to do. Instead he went with solid vets to team with the young talent he had brought in. And the result is an improvement in the team. Isn't that the goal?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

How is over paying for deng better than over paying for Noah?

Even if it was better who wanted to over pay for Noah? Just because there was one or two gm's who had a worse offseason doesnt mean Mitch had a good offseason.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He could have overpaid for Noah, or Solomon Hill, or Crabbe, or Parsons like many here wanted him to do. Instead he went with solid vets to team with the young talent he had brought in. And the result is an improvement in the team. Isn't that the goal?

lol. if you didnt know signing UFA is a 2way street. the UFA needs to be interested as well.

none of the other guys were interested at all. but please continue
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject:

But then again Deng did have a good game and its still early in his contract.

He could turn it around so I'm going to take a step back from my earlier comments about Mitch and just wait and see how this all plays out.

I think I'm right about not overspending and being patient in free agency but I do hope I'm wrong.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Deng wasn't total ass tonight
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject:

Deng is playing better... but now mozgov is playing like (bleep)........

GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
what gives you the impression we wouldn't have the exact same record without those vets? He could have overpaid for Noah instead he overpaid for Deng. Wow, what a solid job Mitch.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

If signing Deng was a smart move Phoenix's GM must be Stephen Hawking for getting Dudley for only 10m and one year less.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Deng is playing better... but now mozgov is playing like (bleep)........

Moz needs Russell more than anyone on the team. Well maybe Jules too.

Their splits with and without Russell are staggering.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

oooh. good call. Our fans let the truth be known from time to time.

I hope not. It doesn't help at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 57 of 157
Jump to: