Doc Rivers: Warriors have only won one title

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Doc Rivers: Warriors have only won one title

Quote:
Prior to Wednesday night’s 115-98 beatdown at the hands of the visiting Golden State Warriors, LA Clippers head coach Doc Rivers was asked about the Dubs being a “super team”, and he pointed out that the present-day Dubs “only” have a single championship ring.

The irony in this is crazy

That Celtics super team won...you guessed it, one ring. Talk about underachieving. On top of that, the Clippers haven't sniffed the finals let alone the Western Conference Finals.

Doc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Doc Rivers diffinitely seems like a likable person but he shouldn't speak about any success until his team is also apart of it, your just giving other teams more motivation when they go up against your team.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

He is right. They need to win more titles to prove themselves.

I've seen 4 Laker teams crowned champions on the forums before they even played a game. Lets see how things play out.

Not sure if he should have said that in public though.

The Clippers were never a super team and were never the favorite to even win the West so they shouldn't even be compared to the Warriors. Comparing them to the Warriors is like comparing the Sixers to the Spurs. They were never on the same level.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject:

Losers have a habit of making "the glass is 10% empty" arguments about winners.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject:

They also haven't beaten the Celtics with Kendrick Perkins healthy.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
They also haven't beaten the Celtics with Kendrick Perkins healthy.

But in 20 years when they shake hands, will their rings touch?

Cornball. I guess he could have gloated and didn't much when they beat us the one year, yes the one year, but there are these kinds of comments over the years that make me feel he has an inflated sense of self. Overrated for a while there but I am glad no one mentions him as at the Pop or Riley level now. He's had a very talented team for years.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

I've seen 4 Laker teams crowned champions on the forums before they even played a game. Lets see how things play out.

The Clippers were never a super team and were never the favorite to even win the West so they shouldn't even be compared to the Warriors. Comparing them to the Warriors is like comparing the Sixers to the Spurs. They were never on the same level.

I don't think anyone disagrees that this new warriors team, who was just put together, may not win the title. They need to prove they are worth the hype.

The irony is in the fact that his Celtics team underachieved and only won one title, so it's hilarious that he would make fun of another team for only having one title. And I would disagree; even though the Clippers haven't had a super team, I think it's fair to say they've definitely been underachieving year in and year out.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:

The irony is in the fact that his Celtics team underachieved and only won one title, so it's hilarious that he would make fun of another team for only having one title. And I would disagree; even though the Clippers haven't had a super team, I think it's fair to say they've definitely been underachieving year in and year out.

They were the best team in the NBA in 2009 til KG got injured and he was never the same. Slapping underachiever on a team beset by key injuries is a bit unfair, and in all honesty, they overachieved in 2010.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I don't think anyone disagrees that this new warriors team, who was just put together, may not win the title. They need to prove they are worth the hype.

Last year the Clippers underachieved. The year before they choked against Houston but they also beat the Spurs which exceeded my expectations. The year before they lost to OKC who I thought was a better, more talented team. So I don't really think they underachieved that much. They usually had a weak bench, a mediocre defense and were really poor at the SF/SG positions (Reddick/Crawford could score but can't match up defensively).

They might end up underachieving this year after a great start though.

I think teams that get labeled chokers or underachievers often just aren't good enough, and that's the real reason they struggle.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Doc Rivers has only won one title
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Last year the Clippers underachieved. The year before they choked against Houston but they also beat the Spurs which exceeded my expectations. The year before they lost to OKC who I thought was a better, more talented team. So I don't really think they underachieved that much. They usually had a weak bench, a mediocre defense and were really poor at the SF/SG positions (Reddick/Crawford could score but can't match up defensively).

They might end up underachieving this year after a great start though.

I think teams that get labeled chokers or underachievers often just aren't good enough, and that's the real reason they struggle.

last year both paul and griffin were out injured in the playoffs
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject:

Average coach.

He's lucky he's a likeable person because that in turn makes players want to play for him. But X/O's-wise he's nowhere near guys like Phil, Pop, Carlisle or Kerr. I'd take Luke or even Brad Stevens over Doc.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

I agree, the Warriors have won one title, that doesn't make a dynasty. That being said, they have more chances to change that.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors are a super team. I don't think that's really a debate.

Will the super team win more titles? Well, that's the question.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Warriors = Super team
Cavs = Super team

barring injuries they will most likely win the next 2 or 3 championships

Anyone who denies this is a bit delusional
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: