I'm about ready to trade Jordan Clarkson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject:

Word is Orlando willing to part withHezonja for some scoring. Not sure LA would do that as it pushes back the time line. But it also opens up space for a deal with Young.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject:

If we trade Jordan Clarkson, I would wait until the draft and try to get first round pick for him. And then use the pick to draft Terrence Ferguson.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: I'm about ready to trade Jordan Clarkson

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
This guy is really plucking my nerves. I was a huge fan of his but, his decision making and shot selection are terrible! And if I see him jump and make a pass again I'm gonna jump though the tv and choke him!

Hey Mitch! I didn't even know you posted here! Thanks for the inside info, but I've gotta admit it's kinda unlike you to blurt out your plans in public. Sorry to hear you're about to trade Jordan, I think he's worth holding onto for awhile longer to see if he really fits into that killer second unit as well as he seemed to when everyone was healthy - but what I do I know, I'm just some dude on an internet forum!! ZOMGLolz!!!1
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
That would require Mitch to work during the season. That's asking for too much.

Says someone with Gasol in their name. Try again.

Savage.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject:

LA gets Noel, Rubio, Covington, Ilyasova (expiring)
PHI gets Clarkson, Muhammad (expiring), Huertas (expiring [T.O.])
MIN gets Deng, Robinson (expiring), LAL 2018 1st

Re-sign Noel and Young (on a team-friendly contract [$30M/3yr, w/T.O.]) this off-season.
Sign a backup guard on a one-year deal.
Punt the remaining cap space for 2018.

2017-2018
Russell (5.5)/Rubio (14.1)
Young (10)/Williams (7)/random G (5?)
Ingram (5.5)/Covington (1)
Randle (4.1)/Nance (1.2)
Mozgov (15.2)/Noel (18?)/Black (6.6)/Zubac (1)

= ~$94.2M

Black and Lou are off the books in 2018.
Max Paul George, make a QO to Randle (at $5.5M) and re-sign Covington.

2018-2019
Russell (7)/Rubio (14.8 [expiring])
George (28)/Young (10 [expiring/T.O.])
Ingram (5.7)/Covington (2)
Randle (5.5QO)/Nance (2.2)
Mozgov (16)/Noel (18)/Zubac (1.1)

= ~$110.3M

Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject:

Lakers can't trade their 2018 1st.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
So what you're saying is that the last time Mitch worked during the season was in 2009, almost 7 years ago?

No, last time was for bazemore a few years ago. Before that was for sessions and jordan hill
you're proving my point here. Sessions was what... 2011, 2012? It's almost 2017. Like I said, trading anyone or for anyone would require our GM to actually do something during the season.

Lol and because the Lakers have been unable to agree with another team on a deal midseason, that means Mitch takes a 6 month siesta during the season? Some of the logical progressions on this board are downright hilarious.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

Correct & thank goodness gracious!

PS: JC is going to be okay.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

Overreaction much. Clarkson is important to this team success as we are seeing with his recent shooting slump. He's a late bloomer and we've seen players like Billups, Nash, and Lowry get better in their 20's. He will bounce back and have a great 2nd half of the year.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is a nice piece to have, but this thread is an overreaction for a few reasons. The primary reason is that Clarkson, while having some talent, was never the budding All-Star his biggest supporters claimed he was. And most of that hope/expectation was built on the foundation of Clarkson putting up nice numbers on a terrible team with no one else that could create anything.

Despite his slump, Clarkson is still what he has always been. A scoring guard with limited vision and average decision-making skills who is capable of getting red-hot at times. This is valuable when you put him into less complex situations that play to his strengths like Luke did early in the season by bringing him off the bench. But his weaknesses are exposed when he's forced to start and make decisions on a team that is running a system offense and actually trying to win games.

Last edited by KBH on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

He's a 6th man who is overstretched starting on Luke's team. He has value but is a complimentary piece more than a foundational piece.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Clarkson is a nice piece to have, but this thread is an overreaction for a few reasons. The primary reason is that Clarkson, while having some talent, was never the budding All-Star his biggest supporters claimed he was. And most of that hope/expectation was built on the foundation of Clarkson putting up nice numbers on a terrible team with no one else that could create anything.

Despite his slump, Clarkson is still what he has always been. A scoring guard with limited vision and average decision-making skills who is capable of getting red-hot at times. This is valuable when you put him into less complex situations that play to his strengths like Luke did early in the season by bringing him off the bench. But his weaknesses are exposed when he's forced to start and make decisions on a team that is actually trying to win games.

This
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject:

This team was not going to he big dance, this was a year for the guys to grow together, unfortunately the injury bug stuck.

Secondly, JC is struggling now but that happens. The last thing the FO or any negotiator would want to do, is sell low.

Lastly, I very much doubt the FO makes a foolish trade just to dump a struggling JC; he'll get over it.

Last edited by deal on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
This team was not going to he big dance, this was a year for the guys to grow together, unfortunately the injury bug stuck.

Secondly, JC is struggling now but hat happens. The last hung the FO or any negotiator wnay would want to is sell low.

I very much doubt the FO makes a foolish trade just to dump a struggling JC...

You trade Clarkson just to see him running circles around our guards. He is slumping, but I wouldn't trade him unless it's a package with a few other assets for a really difference maker that we are lacking for a few seasons. Lou is more than enough scoring punch from the bench.

The young player that I'd like to keep if we trade for a superstar is Nance. I don't think he is going to be an all star or anything like that, but he is a perfect complimentary player alongside a couple of superstars.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:

People have been just about ready to trade a number of our younger players at some point.
Right now, DLO is missed but give him a bad game or two and the same people will talk him down.

JC is a good talent, not franchise changing but a good talent on a nice contract. But when you ask a reliever to start, you are often reminded as to why that person is a reliever.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
People have been just about ready to trade a number of our younger players at some point.

That is something to be expected until one of them start playing like a future superstar. It's not about judging a young player too early it's about trading for a sure thing. For every James Harden how many young prospects never ever developed into something special?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

Clarkson isn't "the" problem but... his contract could bring back someone who could upgrade the starting lineup... that's the position Clarkson is in right now. Deng is barely an NBA player anymore, maybe Thibs could find a way to hide him in his system in Minny but for us, it's not good. Nick is probably not a long term solution in the starting lineup but he could replace Clarkson in the bench role alongside Lou.

Somewhere in there where Ingram eventually becomes a starter - at what position? there's still a hole to fill. Somebody needs to get moved, either to clear more space for free agency or bringing someone in to fill one of those holes in the starting lineup. Deng and Clarkson seem to be the most logical candidates.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Clarkson isn't "the" problem but... his contract could bring back someone who could upgrade the starting lineup... that's the position Clarkson is in right now. Deng is barely an NBA player anymore, maybe Thibs could find a way to hide him in his system in Minny but for us, it's not good. Nick is probably not a long term solution in the starting lineup but he could replace Clarkson in the bench role alongside Lou.

Somewhere in there where Ingram eventually becomes a starter - at what position? there's still a hole to fill. Somebody needs to get moved, either to clear more space for free agency or bringing someone in to fill one of those holes in the starting lineup. Deng and Clarkson seem to be the most logical candidates.

If this was a "win now team", which it's not, I might ageee. However, the FO will not sell any player including JC when he's struggling because no value will come back.

In all fairness though, if a great deal comes along and that includes most player I'm sure the FO will consider it. But having a new coach, a new system & a new team all takes time to develop chemistry , this much the FO does know.....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
So what you're saying is that the last time Mitch worked during the season was in 2009, almost 7 years ago?

No, last time was for bazemore a few years ago. Before that was for sessions and jordan hill
you're proving my point here. Sessions was what... 2011, 2012? It's almost 2017. Like I said, trading anyone or for anyone would require our GM to actually do something during the season.

Lol and because the Lakers have been unable to agree with another team on a deal midseason, that means Mitch takes a 6 month siesta during the season? Some of the logical progressions on this board are downright hilarious.

You are generous in assuming there is any logic involved.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

Correct & thank goodness gracious!

PS: JC is going to be okay.

Yes, once he returns to his normal role he will be fine. I have no worries, I think he is just trying to do more than he is capable of right now.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

Think we can get back a mid first round pick for jc
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

He's the hardest working Laker.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

Vesper wrote:

Who might very well be half the player that JC is.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

JC has filled his role well. He is being groomed to be Lou Williams but Lou is on a tear. He isn't a starting SG in this league as he is a bit undersized. He has some skill but will ultimately be a sixth man.

Team is feeling the loss of DRuss & Swaggy. Exposes the teams weaknesses. Biggest is a shutdown defender which they simply don't have.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Who might very well be half the player that JC is.

Next year's class is deep, especially guardwise.

These guys would probably be top 10 in this season draft
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: