Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 518, 519, 520 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Clarkson trying to dunk from what seemed to be the free throw line with a defender in front of him, instead of dishing it off to a wide open Randle, was probably the lowest IQ Laker play of the season thus far. Instead of an easy basket, we gave the ball away on an offensive foul.

Yep, my dad was harping on that all night. Was just stupid to watch. Really infuriating.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Solid on both ends.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Solid on both ends.

For the Suns?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
A lot of shots were straight up and down.

Good to hear. Hopefully, they were in the flow of the offense.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

He's been awful. This is the season you're supposed to "get it" He's lost his edge. If it wasn't for Lou going Kobe, JC would look down right trash.

Longtime LG lurker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Some were, some were not. One good example was when Randle set a nice screen and JC got an open 3 pointer. He missed, but that was his shot. He then got the rebound and proceeded to drive into the heart of the defense and throw up some sort of shot. That one he should have passed out of. He seems to get in trouble lately driving too deep and taking on more defensive pressure that he really has to.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Solid on both ends.

Nice too see you extending your love for other guards.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Some were, some were not. One good example was when Randle set a nice screen and JC got an open 3 pointer. He missed, but that was his shot. He then got the rebound and proceeded to drive into the heart of the defense and throw up some sort of shot. That one he should have passed out of. He seems to get in trouble lately driving too deep and taking on more defensive pressure that he really has to.

Yeah, that seems to be a common theme with him during this challenging stretch of games. As others have noted, far too often he seems to have his mind made up on what he's going to do before he receives the ball and, come hell or high water, there's little the defense can throw at him to alter him. It seems the scouting report has really caught up to him and he has yet to notice.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Solid on both ends.

Now only if you could do the same. Clarkson by the numbers is our 4th best guard
CityofChampions
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject:

He looks like hot garbage right now but hopefully he wakes up. My expectations for him as a player have lowered. He has talent but not top tier talent. Solid role player
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject:

CityofChampions wrote:
He looks like hot garbage right now but hopefully he wakes up. My expectations for him as a player have lowered. He has talent but not top tier talent. Solid role player
lower your expectations even more. he hasn't shown he can be a solid role player for a winning team.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject:

Don't even care about his offense. Two things annoyed me tonight:
1) He's not making the extra pass. He's going to do one of two things when he has the ball: drive in the lane with 2 defenders collapsing on him, or shoot it. He's had some success with the latter but it's not working right now. He isn't doing anything off the ball.
2) Barbosa scoring 21 when he's a 6 ppg scorer this season is what disturbs me. Or maybe that was Lou's cover. Who knows at this point, since Bledsoe also scored 30 on good efficiency.

That's really more on Luke than on Clarkson. The onus is on the coach to bench a player when they play that selfishly.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Don't even care about his offense. Two things annoyed me tonight:
1) He's not making the extra pass. He's going to do one of two things when he has the ball: drive in the lane with 2 defenders collapsing on him, or shoot it. He's had some success with the latter but it's not working right now. He isn't doing anything off the ball.
2) Barbosa scoring 21 when he's a 6 ppg scorer this season is what disturbs me. Or maybe that was Lou's cover. Who knows at this point, since Bledsoe also scored 30 on good efficiency.

That's really more on Luke than on Clarkson. The onus is on the coach to bench a player when they play that selfishly.

Every player on the Suns owned Clarkson, and in key situations too. That's the thing, it may just be me, but it seems like Clarkson makes the wrong play or gives up a bucket during critical situations more than any player on the team. Like he's got an affinity for this. It's difficult to define critical moments but I'd say when the team has "momentum" or a physical man advantage on a play. Like an "if the Lakers succeed now, the opposing coach calls timeout" kind of thing. In those scenarios I almost expect Clarkson to do something to mess that up and then give up a bucket on the other end, swinging the game.

Opponents know very well that Lou and Clarkson are liabilities on defense and are attacking them religiously.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
nash wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Solid on both ends.

Now only if you could do the same. Clarkson by the numbers is our 4th best guard

Nice to see you talking about numbers too.

By the way, when he went out, by the numbers Russell was somewhere between our 3rd and 8th best player using distinct advanced stats, now he is a clear 2nd in almost all of them. It seems like he has a really positive impact in the game and the same can be said about Nick Young.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject:

I really want to be high on Clarkson, off the court he might be my favorite Laker. However, I'm just having a hard time seeing an improvement with him. I think he would be a perfect long term 6th man type of player on our roster but right now he's way to inconsistent to be relied on to be our main scorer off the bench and he really doesn't know how to pick his shots, he'll take a shot attempt from anywhere at any moment.

But I'm gonna keep rooting for him to prove himself because it'll only benefit the Lakers at the end of the team. I have a hard time seeing why posters are so against some of our young players like DLO or Randle where it goes past pointing out their deficiencies. It's like they want those young players to suck so they can be right, but at the end of the day it's only hurting your favorite team. Lakers first?
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject:

The kid seems like he's listening more to ppl outside of the team. I know the coaches have discussed about his play to him and evidently he's not listening. He has talent or he wouldn't be in the league. he's become the guard version of Javalle McGee. Using the word selfish is not it...Kobe was selfish but his IQ was high. I guess we can all erase the Westbrook comparisons from our memory forever.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is the least of my concerns with this team. His role has changed so many times since his rookie year and he has no chemistry with the starting unit. Reminds me of Alex Smith QB with the different offensive coordinators every year.

His recent shooting slump is showing how important he is to the team success. When he's efficient we usually win and when he's not we lose. He's not close to a finished product we've seen players like Billups, Nash, and Lowry get better in their late 20's. We'll see more consistency as the season goes on.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

JC is just all out of sorts. I would focus him on passing the ball and creating for others for a period of time. He seems to make up us mind and then fails to see the court. He is pressing after some bad games and this would help him to get back under control.

Creating for others and defense if he focuses on those areas of his game the rest will come. Last night for example he had an offensive foul on a fast break when he had Randle in perfect position where he could have passed it for an easy dunk.

We need him to take steps to get back his court awareness perhaps he needs to turn down his aggressiveness just a little bit. Growing pains
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
I really want to be high on Clarkson, off the court he might be my favorite Laker. However, I'm just having a hard time seeing an improvement with him. I think he would be a perfect long term 6th man type of player on our roster but right now he's way to inconsistent to be relied on to be our main scorer off the bench and he really doesn't know how to pick his shots, he'll take a shot attempt from anywhere at any moment.

But I'm gonna keep rooting for him to prove himself because it'll only benefit the Lakers at the end of the team. I have a hard time seeing why posters are so against some of our young players like DLO or Randle where it goes past pointing out their deficiencies. It's like they want those young players to suck so they can be right, but at the end of the day it's only hurting your favorite team. Lakers first?

Posters mad about some players be it veterans or younglins is just frustration with their performances and it's not hurting our favorite team.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson is the least of my concerns with this team. His role has changed so many times since his rookie year and he has no chemistry with the starting unit. Reminds me of Alex Smith QB with the different offensive coordinators every year.

His recent shooting slump is showing how important he is to the team success. When he's efficient we usually win and when he's not we lose. He's not close to a finished product we've seen players like Billups, Nash, and Lowry get better in their late 20's. We'll see more consistency as the season goes on.

It's more than a shooting slump and it shows he's not capable of playing with as much responsibility as has been thrust upon him with the injurues. He's not an efficient player when he has the ball a lot and is expected to be a focal point of the offense.

What are your concerns if they aren't Clarkson?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

He's playing selfish and it pisses me off.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

JC shouldn't be shooting 3s. He's almost as bad as Deng out there. Score off of curls and short mid-range shots. Keep the dribbling to a minimum and don't leave shooters. How many open shots did Bledsoe and Barbosa get last night?

I don't blame JC; he's being asked to do more than he's capable of doing.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

Posters mad about some players be it veterans or younglins is just frustration with their performances and it's not hurting our favorite team.

There's a lot of deserved criticism and frustration posts which is justifiable obviously with a growing team but it's pretty clear that there are posts where it just seems like agenda posting. I'm not accusing you or any on poster but it's not hard to tell when you read through the threads on the first page
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Clarkson trying to dunk from what seemed to be the free throw line with a defender in front of him, instead of dishing it off to a wide open Randle, was probably the lowest IQ Laker play of the season thus far. Instead of an easy basket, we gave the ball away on an offensive foul.

Yep, my dad was harping on that all night. Was just stupid to watch. Really infuriating.

That was one of the worst basketball plays I've seen this season for any team.

He's already made up his mind that he's just gonna shoot, shoot, shoot. Like I said, he's taken over last season's Kobe role, which I didn't mind for the sake of the KFT. This year we don't need whatever it is he's trying to prove.

It's not even the misses that bothers me the most, it's just the style he's playing is an eyesore and I get a bad feeling everytime he touches the ball. Even when those shots start going down, it's still his job as a guard to make the right basketball decisions, like when your teammate is wide open under the basket on a 2-on-1 break. Unbelievable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 518, 519, 520 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 519 of 685
Jump to: