To All Who Said This Team is Making the Playoffs:
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: To All Who Said This Team is Making the Playoffs:

yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: To All Who Said This Team is Making the Playoffs:

PHILosophize wrote:

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: To All Who Said This Team is Making the Playoffs:

yuurin98 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Kenny69
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject:

And they will
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Go lakers!
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject:

I said they would make it, but didn't anticipate Russell missing so much time. Obviously if he doesn't get back soon they're gonna fall too far back.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject:

I promise you'll one thing we won't be keeping our 1st round picks in 2017 and 2019. So we might not make the playoffs or keep our pick this year.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject:

Making the playoffs would always require just about everything breaking our way--including injuries. That was why I never moved off my expectation of 30-35 wins. Hopefully, we can get guys back on the court soon.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject:

A 30 win season would show a vast amount of improvement and indicate a positive turn of events.
I never anticipated playoffs but we now have a team that is definitely headed in the right direction.

GO LAKERS!!!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject:

I never thought we had a chance at the playoffs but I couldnt care less about making the playoffs if we still have no chance of winning it all. A moral victory like that may mean something to some lame franchise that never sniffed a championship but not the Lakers. Plus we'd just to be destroyed in humiliating fashion by the Warriors or Spurs in the 1st round.
I'd much rather get a top 3 pick in next years draft because we clearly dont have enough talent on this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I never thought we had a chance at the playoffs but I couldnt care less about making the playoffs if we still have no chance of winning it all. A moral victory like that may mean something to some lame franchise that never sniffed a championship but not the Lakers. Plus we'd just to be destroyed in humiliating fashion by the Warriors or Spurs in the 1st round.
I'd much rather get a top 3 pick in next years draft because we clearly dont have enough talent on this team.

We are done tanking.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

And what exactly would your plan be to go from bottom 3 in the league to NBA title in one step? Since, apparently, the progression to the middle ground is a useless moral victory. Endless tanking is how you end up like the Clippers of the previous 20 years and the modern day Sixers.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Tanking sucks.

You have to play poorly for an entire season and there is no guarantees that you are going to find a franchise player or at least an all star prospect.

Don't get me wrong, except for Brown that I feel is really not NBA material, I'm sure all the guys we have selected are going to have long and productive NBA careers, but it is as far as I can go at this moment.

At least this season we went after players with some two way potential so while they may not develop in all stars we don't have to live with defensive liabilities, but nobody really knows when a true franchise player is going to be available in the draft and if you would be able to find him since most of those guys have just one year of college experience.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject:

This is rebuild project with two starters down. Going to the play-offs was not in the card s at the beginning of the season and if by some chance the kids make they'll get swept. It's all part of rebuilding.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

Never thought a playoff spot was likely because our ceiling with this young team was around a .500 season. When you factor in injuries to any major contributors, it's obviously going to fall from that.

If we can near a 40-win season, that would be tremendous. Puts us in a great position to be a playoff team next year which is one year earlier than I originally thought.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
This is rebuild project with two starters down. Going to the play-offs was not in the card s at the beginning of the season and if by some chance the kids make they'll get swept. It's all part of rebuilding.

Exactly. Ultimately, there isn't much of a difference between being a 9th seed and an 8th seed sweep team. If anything, the former gets you a couple extra ping pong balls. Haha.

That's why the most important thing for us is to see improvement. Not just at the individual level, but as a team that is on the rise.

We saw that early on, but we've clearly regressed. But I put that mainly on the injuries which have sapped the talent level we can put on the floor.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

Lol this thread is real funny.

We have no idea if this is a playoff team if your best player is injured in most of the games... how bout lets wait until both Young and Russell come back then see if the team still stinks it up.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Quote:

Go lakers!

JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Quote:

Go lakers!

Little early to throw in the tow....people that cant handle the ride should "get a dog"
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

Do people know approx how many games you have to win to make the playoffs? We were never really on track for that.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

I thought they had a chance to win 35-40 games with full health, but injuries are part of the game, so that was an overestimation.

Don't even care about playoffs right now. Their defense is about where it was last season. Not a good sign at all. I'd be more content if they won/lost ugly (like the Chicago game), rather than attempt to outscore teams every night.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

In fairness, this team that we're seeing during our current 5-game losing streak isn't the same team we had when people were saying we're making the playoffs.

Did anyone start a thread saying, "Russell, Young, Nance, Black and Calderon will get injuries"?
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject:

The absolute best is calling Russell their best player while he's hurt but when he's healthy completely giving him the business and criticizing every move he makes. Freaking hilarious. How about just admitting some teams overlooked them early (still convinced Luke sent the Warriors to a nice strippy that first meeting). And the players had a chip on their shoulders early which is now gone. They have the least amount of talent in the west and I'm shocked they still have a better record than the wolves and nuggets. Hell, even the suns.
Horizon808...
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

Greetings and Aloha Lakersground family..Long time no see and post..Much infinite Love and Respect..

And with that said...

If the Lakers were not to make the playoffs this year, and injuries will be the company tow line and FO M.O. excuse(i can see that from many miles away already and across da Pacific ocean), then i hope it's..Goodbye Jimmeh Buss..lol..

i just hope Jimmeh, lives up to his worrrd..Word..

Lakers all the way, in goodtimes and in the bad...And they'll be a dynasty again..Very soon..Things have to be in place for that to happen tho, Imo...

Last edited by Horizon808... on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
The absolute best is calling Russell their best player while he's hurt but when he's healthy completely giving him the business and criticizing every move he makes. Freaking hilarious. How about just admitting some teams overlooked them early (still convinced Luke sent the Warriors to a nice strippy that first meeting). And the players had a chip on their shoulders early which is now gone. They have the least amount of talent in the west and I'm shocked they still have a better record than the wolves and nuggets. Hell, even the suns.

How did teams over look us? Considering most of our wins were when the opponent was winning us by at least 10 points.

It didn't take long for you guys to make excuses, I can't wait until this team plays winning basketball and you naysaayers are out of excuses.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: