Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
As usual the 1 thing that haunts this game is the lack of defense, if we miss the playoffs I hope we bring in some real defensive people teachers.

Let's not wait. Let's get someone in there yesterday...

As long as defensive issues are just mental then sure, but if it's players not buying it.. then we might witness another roster overhaul this summer.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

NO DEFENSE, NO WINS
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fracture wrote:
yea Porzingis beasted...i wouldn't be mad if he was in a Lakers uni

he is skilled, but I cant get past how goofy he looks on the court...reminds me of a better shooting Shawn Bradley out there.

Not me. I look at him as another Dirk, but with more length/willpower to defend.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
dao wrote:
Porky is better than all of our young players put together.

The Knicks need more fans, man.

but is he wrong?

Yes. Our big 3 youngsters can create for themselves and others, if Porky doesn't have some one to create for him he is SOL.

Kristaps tonight: 26/12/7/2
Our "Big 3" tonights: 23/12/0/11

I left out the shooting percentages (*hint* Kristaps wins on that count, too).

He was literally better than all of our young players put together tonight
In terms of trade value, I'd give Russell+Randle+Clarkson for him. And I'm pretty high on Russell. Porky is a freak of nature, soon to be top 5 player imo.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fracture wrote:
yea Porzingis beasted...i wouldn't be mad if he was in a Lakers uni

he is skilled, but I cant get past how goofy he looks on the court...reminds me of a better shooting Shawn Bradley out there.

Not me. I look at him as another Dirk, but with more length/willpower to defend.

maybe, its up to him, so I wont hate on him...but he has a long way to go to be even close to Dirk...but I am sure you recognize that also
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
dao wrote:

but is he wrong?

Yes. Our big 3 youngsters can create for themselves and others, if Porky doesn't have some one to create for him he is SOL.
He score 20ppg on higher TS% than any of our young players, and he is a far better defender than Randle/Russell/Clarkson combined. I'll leave Ingram out for now since his body aint ready.

He will never be a Laker. Ever. Who cares?

Yeah really not sure what the point of these post.
the point is that we scouted him and missed the pick.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
dao wrote:

but is he wrong?

He score 20ppg on higher TS% than any of our young players, and he is a far better defender than Randle/Russell/Clarkson combined. I'll leave Ingram out for now since his body aint ready.

We are fans watching our team play another team, no? I think it's natural to compare players on your team with your rivals. Especially if the players came into the league around the same time, are around the same age, and are in similar situations regarding playing time. Not a mystery why one would be inclined to post about said player(s) in a game thread
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

It's not the Lakers that missed on Porzingis. Nobody takes him over Russell on draft night....and the Lakers still feel good about drafting their PG of the future. It is the 76'ers that missed on him, because they drafted a player that is not a lock for their future core.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dao wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
dao wrote:

but is he wrong?

I don't know. Knicks hit the jackpot more than the Lakers missed out. Porzingis was feared to be the next big Euro draft bust by fans and NBA types alike. The battle for number two, regardless of which team was up at bat, was Okafor or Russell, and it was a close call. I'm definitely happy with the 2015 draft when you look back on how it unfolded.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

Well, (bleep), I was wrong about Rose. Dude couldn't miss today. Porzingis killed us all game, not just knocking down shots but just dominating the paint protecting the rim. Only knock on his game is that he's so dependent on others getting him shots. Doesn't look like he's great at creating a shot on his own outside of just taking a shot over his defender.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I'll drop the Porky thing but how in the hell do you scout an athletic 7'3 dude and whiff on the pick. Was he not very athletic coming out? Not on HGH yet? Damn.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
dao wrote:

but is he wrong?

And...? They don't get the pick back. You can spend 15 years lamenting it, if you want. Put up a GoFundMe to have Mitch fired. Blast Russell on Twitter. It won't change (bleep).

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Well, (bleep), I was wrong about Rose.

Didnt you notice that old Bull magic was in the air tonight? Except nobody told Noah. If Thibs was watching, hopefully he is trying to get the band back together
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
I'll drop the Porky thing but how in the hell do you scout an athletic 7'3 dude and whiff on the pick. Was he not very athletic coming out? Not on HGH yet? Damn.

I prefer Porzingis to anyone on the Lakers' core (and I love our core), but that pick was a rolled dice considering we only saw him against international competition instead of college talent, in what was shaping up to be one of the best drafts in recent years. There was a TON of pressure on teams picking in the top 5. Lakers and Phily didn't take that gamble...

I'm happy because the Lakers still took a gamble on Russell vs Okafor, and it's still turned out great for the franchise. Still a great outcome.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
dao wrote:

I prefer Porzingis to anyone on the Lakers' core (and I love our core), but that pick was a rolled dice considering we only saw him against international competition instead of college talent, in what was shaping up to be one of the best drafts in recent years. There was a TON of pressure on teams picking in the top 5. Lakers and Phily didn't take that gamble...

I'm happy because the Lakers still took a gamble on Russell vs Okafor, and it's still turned out great for the franchise. Still a great outcome.
yeah, Glad we didn't take Okador. Took some balls to take Russell over him.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Porzingis did a good job contesting shots in the paint.

On offense when we put JC and DLo on him... pretty weak to see him put up jump shots instead of trying any post moves. Other than that he hit some good spot up 3's off drive and dishes from his teammates. He had a few lucky finishes. *shrug* Not really making a mess in my boxers about his play or anything though.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
dao wrote:

They had KAT/DLo/Porzi as their top three going into draft night, fwiw.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

This isn't a situation of miss-&-hit, it's just that for every Porgz, you also find Shawn Bradleys...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
dao wrote:

Some other added perspective that helps with the Porzingis pick: what would the Knicks have done if they had the 2nd pick instead of the 4th, with the flashy names still on the board compared to KP? And if that was the case, the Lakers wouldn't have even drafted a player with the 4th pick.

Steph Curry was drafted ninth. (bleep) happens
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

Didn't Byron admit that he and Mitch liked Porzingis a lot but thought he would take some time to develop. They were not expecting the guy we saw tonight for quite a while. Basically, they misjudged how ready he truly was to contribute and make an impact in the league.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
dao wrote:

Didn't Byron admit that he and Mitch liked Porzingis a lot but thought he would take some time to develop. They were not expecting the guy we saw tonight for quite a while. Basically, they misjudged how ready he truly was to contribute and make an impact in the league.

He would've looked like the second coming of Ryan Kelly in that mess of a team we had last year, running Byron Ball. Let's not kid ourselves.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

We all saw how great Porzingis was in those workouts but everyone was worried about the Euro bust factor. I wanted Myles Turner or Stanley, but I was fine with Russell. It's not that Russell can't be a good player it's just that Porzingis is such a great and rare player. We really missed out on a franchise player in Porzingis.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Last 3 home games have been pretty disappointing. Really need to break some bad habits and get a few wins in a row.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

We didn't challenge Rose defensively, not one iota.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dave20 wrote:
We all saw how great Porzingis was in those workouts but everyone was worried about the Euro bust factor. I wanted Myles Turner or Stanley, but I was fine with Russell. It's not that Russell can't be a good player it's just that Porzingis is such a great and rare player. We really missed out on a franchise player in Porzingis.

It's ok Dave. We have Jordan Clarkson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: