CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS – 12-25-16 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS – 12-25-16 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Hope everyone had a great holiday. As mentioned, I took the night off. Post your thoughts here.

Nice to see the Laker vets all step up in this one and all the young guys contribute something positive. Even looked like Ingram played with a little chip on his shoulder.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

1. Mozilla
2. Deng
3. Young
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
1. Mozilla
2. Deng
3. Young

The 3 Musketeers.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Mosgov - Had an air ball early in the first, other than that...great offensively. Didn't see much positive or negative defensively.

Deng - By far his best game as a Laker. He was awesome on the offensive glass and a big reason the Lakers pushed their lead to 18-19 in the 3rd quarter. His shot still seem flat, even leaving a FT at the front of the rim, but his work around the basket on both ends was pretty impressive.

Randle - Seemed like a quiet game for him, but ended with 13-7-8. Had 0 turnovers, which is big for him. He was in control the entire game and played decent defense.

Swag - Just awesome offensively. Sunk 5-7 3's and with Deng, the reason we won this game. Honestly, I've never liked the guy. I've always considered him a chucker who never took defense or winning seriously and DLO being my boy and all, thought he should have been ejected this past summer. I was wrong. He has been professional and productive this year and his effort defensively has been great, even though he isn't a great defender. Good for him...great game and a great season by him so far.

DLO - Was just an ok game for him. Great job in finding Moz for jumpers when he was hot, clutch 3 in the 4th. Someone finally fell for the wraparound pass on the layup, so that was fun to watch....try something 100 times and 1 time it'll work I guess. Other than that, he was a bit lazy with some of his entry passes and although I saw him working on defense, he wasn't particularly effective.

Ingram - Ok Tiny Dog, I saw you tonight. His drives to the basket were productive and his post ISO Move into the lane for the 10 foot jumper was sweet. He still sucks on the spot up jumper, badly. When it's contested it's a guaranteed miss, when it's wide open...still a miss most of the time. His rebounding was good, would like to see him be more disruptive on defense though, with those long arms he should be tipping more passes. This was an above average BI game.

Lou - The only guess I trust on the team with the ball in the 4th at this point. Only scored 14, seemed like more. Hit some big shots, played little or no D, shot FTS. Typical Lou game.

Clarkson - Just miserable. I don't dislike the guy, don't like him either...he's just a guy to me. That being said, I don't think he understands the offense. I don't understand it fully either because I'm not GT, but I do recognize the fact that when the ball goes to him it sticks there and he looks for a way to get to the basket regardless of where his starting position is. He doesn't pass well or look to pass, his shot is just average at best and he isn't great at fighting through contact. His defense, while better than last year, doesn't deter anybody. I dunno, it just seems like he demands a lot of shots for a guy who's just another guy and it hurts the flow of the offense. Not a fan and didn't like what he did out there tonight.

Robinson - To be fair, I'm partial to this guy. In NBA 2K dude always has big games against me on the offensive glass...Omer Asik owns me too for some reason but I digress. Listen, dude makes effort. He's not that talented and keeps trying to make these huge facial slams and always fails, but he gets rebounds and plays better defense than Mosgov. Also, he doesn't make Whiny faces every time things don't go his way like Mosgov (which is starting to annoy me). Him and Tarik black are basically the same player....limited offense, good on the glass, try hard. Good bench guy and a decent game for him.

Walton - Eh. In the 4th when we were melting there was an opportunity at around the 8 minute mark to get DLO and Randle back in there during some Lou FT's that I thought we missed. I think Robinson committed two fouls right after that and missed an Ill advised jumper. I think that BI brings the ball up to the front court way too much and way too slowly, Walton should stop doing that. Other than that, timely time outs by Walton and we came away with the win...so good job Luke!

Last edited by Fortysixn2 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Good read, fortysixn2.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see we got a win to break that losing streak against the Clips. BI kept us in the game in the second quarter with his drives, even after he got his rest since the team capitalized on him helping to put the Clips in foul trouble. Very encouraged.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Good read, fortysixn2.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject:

Love seeing all these guys with double digits in points scored.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Good read, fortysixn2.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject:

DrumR wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Good read, fortysixn2.

I didn't tune in until 3rd quarter, but it was good to see the Lakers hang on to this one!

Merry Christmas!!
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject:

stats: points rebounds assists steals blocks +/-

DENG 13 12 2 2 2 -4

RANDLE 13 7 8 2 +12

MOZGOV 19 3 +13

RUSSELL 14 5 4 +14

YOUNG 19 2 2 1 +25

WILLIAMS 14 3 1 1 1 -3

INGRAM 10 6 -1

CLARKSON 5 1 1 -9

ROBINSON 4 9 1 1 -2
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject:

Young was huge again with his contagious effort. It sparked that run in the third

Ingram was very aggressive. Possible sign of things to come?

Russell had yet another one of his inconsistent games. At times looking lethargic and turning the ball over like crazy, but then he hits a huge momentum three pointer. He still needs a lot of work defensively.

Randle was very much under control. Great all around game (triple double pace). This is the first game where I noticed the Randle/Deng combination on defense as well as on the offensive glass. I believe Deng was at the four and Randle at the five in those stretches, but correct me if I'm wrong

Robinson had a great game but he is the worst passer on the team by a mile. Three turnovers on poor passes.

Mozgov was money on his jumpshot tonight. Looked great. Defensively on the glass he was boxing out like a pro. He did get some stupid fouls though. Also, with this game he is now 3 for 31 on game tip jumpballs.

Luke is still stubborn on his lineups. He keeps them in too long when they're doing poorly.

Lou is the most consistent player we have. Came up with another block and some shot contests.

Deng had a great game as well. Plays well with Randle when mozgov is on the bench

With this win we are two games out of the eighth spot. Go lakers!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

Find it interesting that Rivers didn't put Jordan on the court in the last few minutes.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Also, with this game he is now 3 for 31 on game tip jumpballs...

Mozgov had to be worse in the league at jumpballs. We should never have him jumping in OT games.

...Amazing that they are just 2 games out. Time to get healthy and make up some games at home.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Seven Lakers scored in double figures!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Also, with this game he is now 3 for 31 on game tip jumpballs...

Mozgov had to be worse in the league at jumpballs. We should never have him jumping in OT games.

...Amazing that they are just 2 games out. Time to get healthy and make up some games at home.

I like your thinking boss!

JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

From my viewing of the game:

1) Ingram's an asset with this long long reach. Looks a tad like a longer Pippen these days. What's the root of his bad shooting?

2) Lou has been off on his long distance shooting last 3-4 games. Not squaring off?

3) TRob is what you get: Energetic toughness. He is the kind of player that used to kill the Lakers in the past (guys like Turiaf were supposed to do does TRob does.) Not much hope for his "0" game, he is a quintessential 'brick layer.'

4) D'Lo. Kind-of- slow but solid point..16/5/6? Nice long distance stroke. His inability/tendency to drive through double teams is mystifying. Has there been any articles about his troubled knee and if this play and sit pattern is warranted the rest of the season? Jo-Jo White? Andrea Miller? Walt Frazer?

5) Larry is missed (except for his perplexling lack of confidence taking jummp shots.) He is the spirit of the team.

6) Randal can't shoot and is learning the nuances of drive-and-dish. His recent Hip Pointer seems to come and go but I've not heard any comment about this.

7) Deng: As with many, I've been down on Deng's game, but lately he seems pretty solid as a 4. However, the Laker's have many fours and Deng is simply getting older. I wonder if his stock goes up lately to the point that he become a trade possibility now?

8) Calderon, Huertas, MWP..... trade 'em all please. No need for aging points. The Lakes, for the last 10 years, have been horrible with a lot of the vets they sign for the end of the bench?

9) Next Level: a - Defense is the key. b - Lakes need a mobile center (and it may be that Zu develops? c - And the team needs Ingram to develop his shot to the level of Russel, or get someone who can play the three.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

JM wrote:

8) Calderon, Huertas, MWP..... trade 'em all please. No need for aging points. The Lakes, for the last 10 years, have been horrible with a lot of the vets they sign for the end of the bench?

9) Next Level: a - Defense is the key. b - Lakes need a mobile center (and it may be that Zu develops? c - And the team needs Ingram to develop his shot to the level of Russel, or get someone who can play the three.

Calderon, Huertas and MWP were not in the regular rotation anyway so they don't have much impact.

I don't think Zubac is a mobile center. I think Lakers is hoping Randle can play center when we play small ball. At the moment, we have Ingram and Deng to play SF. Young can play SF too if needed.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
JM wrote:

Calderon, Huertas and MWP were not in the regular rotation anyway so they don't have much impact.

I don't think Zubac is a mobile center. I think Lakers is hoping Randle can play center when we play small ball. At the moment, we have Ingram and Deng to play SF. Young can play SF too if needed.

I think Mosgov is extremely Mobile for his size, he's a huge human being at least in the open court on a break he's really really fast for being so big. His problem is that none of his athleticism or size seem to translate defensively. I don't see him jumping on defense, he just puts his hands up. Also, for being so big he gets bodied under the rim a lot (cousins abused him). He doesn't seem to have the will to play D or any type of mean streak.

I actually think what he need at center is a true shot blocker/rebounder/defender. I don't even care about their offense. We have lost multiple games this year solely because we can't collect defense rebounds. I get it that our guards suck defensively and our bigs are covering for them and out of position to rebound a lot of the misses they cause....but people just lay the ball right up and over Mosgov on the regular.

If we had a Gobert or Drummond on the roster we'd be a playoff team this year IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: