Carrie Fisher passed away (after massive heart attack) :-((
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Being a actor, actress must be a very difficult vocation. Switching from fantasy to reality, screen presence to real life, must take it's toll. So many actors, actresses, have drug problems. They must be a buffer.

I don't know if substance abuse history played a part in her heart condition (could be largely congenital in nature), but you have to consider for a minute all these people in music and Hollywood and sports who were around in the 70s and 80s when coke was viewed as a sophisticated/richie drug. I recently Joe Perry of Arrowsmith talk about that era and he made a cogent point about being able to take just so many hits of this, than, and the other before your body finally says no. Most of em smoked, drank, AND added to it with the hard drugs and pharmaceuticals especially. It has to take some life away from you off the back end if it doesn't take you out right then and there like Jackson, Houston, and Nelson.

RIP, Carrie. Only 60.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Being a actor, actress must be a very difficult vocation. Switching from fantasy to reality, screen presence to real life, must take it's toll. So many actors, actresses, have drug problems. They must be a buffer.

I wouldnt say its the acting jobs directly but more so the lifestyle that comes with it and the types of people who typically get drawn into that industry.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Stable doesn't really mean much it just means she isn't getting worse which is a good thing but Joan Rivers was stable and then died shortly after.

I had a terrible feeling this would happen

RIP Carrie

This kind of hits home to me I know what its like to lose a loved one around this time of year but at least I got to say goodbye her daughter didn't have that.

And her poor mother she just recovered from a stroke a while back and now has to deal with this.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Wow, another one. RIP princess Leia.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Damn! 2016 taking all these youngsters. I'm gittin scaaaard.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

R.I.P., Leia.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Just read that she finished filming her scenes and will appear in Episode VIII.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't know if substance abuse history played a part in her heart condition (could be largely congenital in nature), but you have to consider for a minute all these people in music and Hollywood and sports who were around in the 70s and 80s when coke was viewed as a sophisticated/richie drug. I recently Joe Perry of Arrowsmith talk about that era and he made a cogent point about being able to take just so many hits of this, than, and the other before your body finally says no. Most of em smoked, drank, AND added to it with the hard drugs and pharmaceuticals especially. It has to take some life away from you off the back end if it doesn't take you out right then and there like Jackson, Houston, and Nelson.

RIP, Carrie. Only 60.

Yesterday it was coke. Today it's prescription painkillers.

RIP Carrie, say hi to Obi Wan.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

RIP, Carrie. Only 60.

I would be surprised if it didn't sure there are some that have taken everything under the sun and are still alive(Keith Richards) but not everyone is that lucky. Carrie almost died of a drug overdose in the Mid 80s its rather surprising she held on 30 years after that. Even if she quit the damage she did early on can't be reversed.

Its best to never do drugs.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

RIP, Carrie. Only 60.

I would be surprised if it didn't sure there are some that have taken everything under the sun and are still alive(Keith Richards) but not everyone is that lucky. Carrie almost died of a drug overdose in the Mid 80s its rather surprising she held on 30 years after that. Even if she quit the damage she did early on can't be reversed.

It's certainly a personal choice that should weighed on an individual basis. But, drugs aren't the problem. Abuse and addiction are, and that's where we need to focus. Demonizing drugs (re: The Nancy Regan 'Just Say No!" approach) is counter productive when compared to education and awareness.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

rip
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

RIP, Carrie. Only 60.

It's certainly a personal choice that should weighed on an individual basis. But, drugs aren't the problem. Abuse and addiction are, and that's where we need to focus. Demonizing drugs (re: The Nancy Regan 'Just Say No!" approach) is counter productive when compared to education and awareness.

I have COPD. I had no idea and was not educated about the effects of smoking.

Had I knowledge I would not be suffered with the malady. Education is key. Once given all known and you still pursue, it's on you.

The tobacco industry knew but did not disclose. I hope one day a law will make them pay.

Side note:
It's my only malady. Heart pumping like a oil well in Zaire, blood pressure constant normal. Pulse rate up and down,sometimes a bit quick.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

RIP, Carrie. Only 60.

Regardless I just found it easier to never drink alcohol or take drugs of any kind one may find it extreme to never be curious about it but I wasn't.

However the "fast lifestyle" glorifies something that can kill you that's not productive either.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Steve Martin forced to retract and delete his offensive tweet in tribute to his friend Carrie Fisher.

“When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well,” Martin wrote.

WTH is happening to this world.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Steve Martin forced to retract and delete his offensive tweet in tribute to his friend Carrie Fisher.

“When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well,” Martin wrote.

What is the offense?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What is the offense?

Seriously?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What is the offense?

I don't get it either. Sorry, I was being facetious in my post and I can see now it wasn't clear.

I think it's ridiculous he would get run off of Twitter for that.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Had I knowledge I would not be suffered with the malady. Education is key. Once given all known and you still pursue, it's on you.

The tobacco industry knew but did not disclose. I hope one day a law will make them pay.

Side note:
It's my only malady. Heart pumping like a oil well in Zaire, blood pressure constant normal. Pulse rate up and down,sometimes a bit quick.

When you wake up in the morning and go to grab your teeth out of the jar, have you ever mistakenly grabbed the paddles instead???
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

He called her a creature...somewhere, somebody was offended in the twitterverse....
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I think the "offense" was that he reduced her to a sex object(judged her for her looks and not who she was as a person despite his comment including she was more than a pretty face)

Still people need to get over themselves if they find this offensive.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

If she could call him right now she would thank him for his compliment

Thankfully Trump didn't tweet anything
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Side note:

When you wake up in the morning and go to grab your teeth out of the jar, have you ever mistakenly grabbed the paddles instead???

No. I grab your phone number and the LINK and LINK for you on purpose.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think the "offense" was that he reduced her to a sex object(judged her for her looks and not who she was as a person despite his comment including she was more than a pretty face)

Yeah, the uproar was a bit much. Martin clearly meant it with pure adulation and respect, it was just worded in a way that construed that it was surprising that a woman could be both beautiful AND talented at the same time and that the beauty was what comes first.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

His offense was in being a normal young man. I guess that is frowned upon by the snowflakes these days.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

His offense was in being a normal young man. I guess that is frowned upon by the snowflakes these days.

"These days" as in the ones where respect for women and minorities is frowned upon by some people after Trump encouraged and empowered such an atmosphere.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: