******* Dallas at Lakers 7:30PM PT 12/29/16 ******
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the KIA commercial with the dude buying huge shoes and ducking in the doorway is funny

Yes it is.

On that note, on to the next. Which I'll probably go to so I hope our guys look a little better than they did tonight. Go Lakers!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I honestly think we need to play Mozgov more, we need rim protection and rebounding

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
This game really pissed me off. We blow a lead, don't show up in the third and give up wide open threes over and over.

We are going nowhere unless we improve on defense.

Someone mentioned that Nance was the glue as far as igniting the team with effort maybe that's a right theory.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

Worthy: no fire.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

Between DLo, Ingram, and Young, the combined for one bucket in the second half.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

Now James is telling them to man-up.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

We do need to tank this season. Maybe 3rd time will do it.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Between DLo, Ingram, and Young, the combined for one bucket in the second half.

Terrible, no excuse for that

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

suns beat the raps, even they better than us now
we the worst
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RichD wrote:
Luke will be fired before this crappy team ever gets better. I feel bad for him.

I hate to use the Sixers' motto, but "trust the process". Luke's the youngest coach in the league and he's coaching a team who's core is made up of 5(6 if you want to count Zubac, but he's hardly played this season) players under 24 years old. He has a long leash.

3 or 4 years from now, if none of our players have shown improvement, if our defense is *still* one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league, and if we're in the same position as we are today, then it *might* be a consideration.

Patience is key, and it has been since the start of the season. Things will get better.

Last edited by Lakers95 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
RichD wrote:
Luke will be fired before this crappy team ever gets better. I feel bad for him.

I hate to use the Sixers' motto, but "it's a process". Luke's the youngest coach in the league and he's coaching a team who's core is made up of 5(6 if you want to count Zubac, but he's hardly played this season) players under 24 years old. He has a long leash.

3 or 4 years from now, if none of our players have shown improvement, if our defense is *still* one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league, and if we're in the same position as we are today, then it *might* be a consideration.

Patience is key, and it has been since the start of the season. Things will get better.

Of course it will get better. It doesn't really get much worse than getting blown out by a 9-23 team at home that only had 2 road wins against other teams all season.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Now James is telling them to man-up.

I wonder how much the former Lakers like he and Byron keep in touch?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
RichD wrote:

I hate to use the Sixers' motto, but "trust the process". Luke's the youngest coach in the league and he's coaching a team who's core is made up of 5(6 if you want to count Zubac, but he's hardly played this season) players under 24 years old. He has a long leash.

3 or 4 years from now!??!
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

3 or 4 years from now if we're in the exact same position, then yeah. I'm sure we'll see gradual improvement.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind a light "development tank". Win more games than last year while still being in reach of a top 3 pick
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
RichD wrote:

Yeah, most likely.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
RichD wrote:

he's not perfect but as a big Luke fan, I hope not.

jeanie really likes Luke though. whatever happens in the front office, we probably have luke for at least a year.

I think Luke has been great overall, but some of his strengths are his weaknesses. He also seems to be stuck to oversimplified concepts.

Biggest Issues:
He is too big on a team concept, and may not be the best at developing stars. Alot of it comes from the GSW mentality and his own career as a player. While this has been good for the team overall, it is not good for us long term and is starting to sting us now.

Some players need to be identified as possible stars and others need to be limited in their roles. As an example, DLO is a streaky, star player who feeds off confidence and he has star talent, but he has a tight leash. JC has a much lower ceiling and a ball stopper, yet he has been given much more leeway. JC needs to have a much more limited role.

DLOs confidence since the start of the season has totally waned, and he is not the same player. It shows in the way he looks for his shot and the way he plays in general.

Guys like DLO and Ingram should be given every chance to emerge as stars even if the team suffers as a whole.

Also, correspondingly, the bench has played well but Luke has fallen in love with them especially Lou and JC. By overplaying them, often the starters have no momentum at the end of the game or the bench players run out of gas. Also, in the long term, winning or losing doesnt matter, if its not on the back of DLO, BI, JR, who are our best talents.

Luke has also fallen in love with the small ball concept. He has taken Moz off tons of times just to go small. He took him out early in second half again today and we got killed on the boards.

Luke overdid the whole veteran leadership concept and kept MWP. That cost us 3 to 4 games which resulted in the big losing streak.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Efforts just not there anymore, hardly anyone is fighting for position or loose balls. And lazy passes. Puzzled as to what's happened. This is not an injury thing anymore I don't think.

We'll, at least there's still football
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject:

One day we will learn to play DEFENSE. Until then nothing good will happen!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Kelli Tennant > Jamie Maggio
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Game was super weak.

I actually have no problem with Ingram, DLO, Clarkson and BI's efforts. They aren't great right now but ultimately I see the effort even though it's not producing results.

What I really have a problem with on this team is Deng and Mosgov. Guys are getting paid $34MM together this year for leadership and steady production. Combined 3 points 6 rebounds 1 assist in 51 minutes for them. Young teams don't know how to close out games or hold leads, those two guys Nick and Lou should actually be showing leadership instead of just cashing fat paychecks while this ship sinks.

To be that big and contribute nothing defensively or on the boards for Mosgov is disgusting. I see a bit more effort out of Deng, but wth happened to this guy? I can't remember the last on the ball steal or block he had.

I know people hate on the young guys because they make stupid plays or take a few plays off (DLO looking at you), but I get the feeling that our losses actually bother them...Randle Especially. I don't see an ounce of Fire or Pain in Luol or Mosgov's eyes. Guys are straight punks. Just cashin checks and havin a good time..

As far as I'm concerned....at the end of 17-18 when boogie becomes a FA, cut and stretch both these stiffs and make the biggest run ever at him. I know he's a head case too...but at least he cares. Sucks when your fans seem to care more about losses then players on the team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

So this month they only beat the 76ers and the Clippers without CP3 and Blake Griffin.....
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Of course it will get better. It doesn't really get much worse than getting blown out by a 9-23 team at home that only had 2 road wins against other teams all season.

We knew going into the season that there would be growing pains with this squad. They've played terribly in December, I'm not denying that. But this team is young, Luke's in his first year as head coach, half the team is new, and they don't have an all-star/superstar level player either. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm trying to make up excuses, but rough stretches of play should have been expected. This one's lasted longer than we would have hoped.

That 10-10 start was wonderful. Unfortunately, they weren't able to sustain it. There's still over half a season left for them to get back into the type of rhythm that they were playing in last month.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
RichD wrote:

he's not perfect but as a big Luke fan, I hope not.

jeanie really likes Luke though. whatever happens in the front office, we probably have luke for at least a year.

I think Luke has been great overall, but some of his strengths are his weaknesses. He also seems to be stuck to oversimplified concepts.

Biggest Issues:
He is too big on a team concept, and may not be the best at developing stars. Alot of it comes from the GSW mentality and his own career as a player. While this has been good for the team overall, it is not good for us long term and is starting to sting us now.

Some players need to be identified as possible stars and others need to be limited in their roles. As an example, DLO is a streaky, star player who feeds off confidence and he has star talent, but he has a tight leash. JC has a much lower ceiling and a ball stopper, yet he has been given much more leeway. JC needs to have a much more limited role.

DLOs confidence since the start of the season has totally waned, and he is not the same player. It shows in the way he looks for his shot and the way he plays in general.

Guys like DLO and Ingram should be given every chance to emerge as stars even if the team suffers as a whole.

Also, correspondingly, the bench has played well but Luke has fallen in love with them especially Lou and JC. By overplaying them, often the starters have no momentum at the end of the game or the bench players run out of gas. Also, in the long term, winning or losing doesnt matter, if its not on the back of DLO, BI, JR, who are our best talents.

Luke has also fallen in love with the small ball concept. He has taken Moz off tons of times just to go small. He took him out early in second half again today and we got killed on the boards.

Luke overdid the whole veteran leadership concept and kept MWP. That cost us 3 to 4 games which resulted in the big losing streak.

Spot on points, agree with all of em, especially the dlo one. I personally wanna trade him just due to I can't stand "hollywood" attitude from spoiled young millionaires but We gotta see him play a lot and THEN evaluate whether to keep or trade.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

So Lakers are better than the 76ers, but worst than the Suns, Nets, Mavs when playing head to head?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: