It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)

...... This team does not fit. Too many young guys, not enough good defenders, too many one on one guy's. It's time to package 2 of the young guys and a vet for a disgruntled star player..... Demarcus....Cousins!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Lol nobody wants our guys

Not for a star anyway
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Demarcus Cousins is leading a team that's only a few games ahead of the Lakers and he also has issues.. Think that's going to help this team turn around?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
Demarcus Cousins is leading a team that's only a few games ahead of the Lakers and he also has issues.. Think that's going to help this team turn around?

I don't think we need anything major, the loses are happening because of mistakes, that's basic stuff that can be worked on it's not like they play 48M of bad basketball.. we just start making mistakes that's the problem.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Lol nobody wants our guys

Not for a star anyway

Pretty much.

And it would also require Mitch to do something between October-May and Mitch can't be bothered until the offseason.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Just traded Harlemlakerfan to Clutch City. Sorry dude.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Who did we get back? Can he defend and shoot the three?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Paul George is getting grumpy in Indy.

First time in a couple years I am open to moving young pieces (not all of them) for PG-13.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-george-has-been-bummed-about-showing-up-for-work-on-the-pacers-170238894.html
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

There's trades I want to make, but I don't want the big ones.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

First time in a couple years I am open to moving young pieces (not all of them) for PG-13.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-george-has-been-bummed-about-showing-up-for-work-on-the-pacers-170238894.html

Larry Bird is seen laughing for the first time in a decade
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Lou or Young should be traded at the deadline for a 1st round pick. As for Cousins and George I'd be willing to trade any of the young core for them.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

i would trade our ALL our young guys (dlo, ingram, randle) for PG13 if we can also dump Deng as well.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

trading all or most of our young potential for a guy in his prime with no real path to add another 1 or 2 All Stars would be such a pointless move with almost no upside.....unless you think Paul George, Marcelo, and Mozgov are going to challenge GSW.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
trading all or most of our young potential for a guy in his prime with no real path to add another 1 or 2 All Stars would be such a pointless move with almost no upside.....unless you think Paul George, Marcelo, and Mozgov are going to challenge GSW.

Paul George can recruit players. No one is coming to LA to play with D'Angelo, Ingram and Randle. Hell, we had to overpay Luol fricking Deng and Mozgov cause our roster isn't enticing enough. No one is advocating trading ALL our youth for PG or Cousins but I would give up two of them for either one.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Paul George can recruit players. No one is coming to LA to play with D'Angelo, Ingram and Randle. Hell, we had to overpay Luol fricking Deng and Mozgov cause our roster isn't enticing enough. No one is advocating trading ALL our youth for PG or Cousins but I would give up two of them for either one.

There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest this....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
adkindo wrote:

unlike all those players that have flocked to Indy to play with PG and Sac to team up with Cousins. The new CBA makes it very unlikely they could attract another star via FA...and the Lakers do not have the assets to trade for 2. We didnt have to overpay Mozgov and Deng...our FO made a poor decision to do so.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

100% agree. Most are expecting these guys to be super stars in year one or two. Not to often does that happen. There has been way to many advanced scouts on LG. none of you have a clue what these players will be. Sure we all see the potential. News flash get use to what you see for now. When they do flourish it most likely will not be until year 4-6. At that time this board will blow up with statements like:

We have to many stars, its Jim or Mitch's fault trade them.

My favorite is "we have TOO MUCH TALENT??"

The critiquing of these players so early is just plain dumb. I've said before, Laker fans you better look up the definition of patience because you're going to need for the next few seasons.

I'm not worries nor am I impatient because we have the right coach, clearly the team has shown improvement since last season. That's all you ask for at this point.
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
100% agree. Most are expecting these guys to be super stars in year one or two. Not to often does that happen. There has been way to many advanced scouts on LG. none of you have a clue what these players will be. Sure we all see the potential. News flash get use to what you see for now. When they do flourish it most likely will not be until year 4-6. At that time this board will blow up with statements like:

We have to many stars, its Jim or Mitch's fault trade them.

My favorite is "we have TOO MUCH TALENT??"

The critiquing of these players so early is just plain dumb. I've said before, Laker fans you better look up the definition of patience because you're going to need for the next few seasons.

I'm not worries nor am I impatient because we have the right coach, clearly the team has shown improvement since last season. That's all you ask for at this point.

It didn't take Blake or CP3 4 or 5 years?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I'm not sure what the motivation will be for Bird and Indiana to trade PG13... if anything they will fire McMillian before they even entertain the thought of trading the only player who sells tickets and mercendise for that team.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Couldn't you have thrown in Dreamshake and gotten a future pick we stash in Europe?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm not sure what the motivation will be for Bird and Indiana to trade PG13... if anything they will fire McMillian before they even entertain the thought of trading the only player who sells tickets and mercendise for that team.

Bird is not going to trade us Paul George. If Bird left Indy, perhaps we would have a chance but honestly what do we have they would want? I am not trying to be sarcastic but we are in a bad spot yo.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Trade as much as is needed to get Paul George and Cousins.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Trade as much as is needed to get Paul George and Cousins.

They can't win on better teams yet we should give up 2-3 young assets? What's the point or rush with the Warriors/cavs sitting tight.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Bird is not going to trade us Paul George. If Bird left Indy, perhaps we would have a chance but honestly what do we have they would want? I am not trying to be sarcastic but we are in a bad spot yo.

The problem isn't Bird.. in fact I don't think Bird minds dealing with the Lakers he seems like someone who won't let the past get in the way of finding the right deal, Bird doesn't have a big ego and isn't like Kevin McHale or the Kings brass... I just don't think Indiana is gonna trade there franchise player and start all over again, they already know what losing feels like a lot more then we do.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject:

What I find hilarious is all these our young players suck. But lets trade them for other peoples stars...

If they suck, you will only get (bleep) players back that are even more flawed. If they are good enough to trade for stars, might as well keep and develop them. To many fools on this board who don't think logically. So many people think they are smarter than most of the GM's (yea, you got a job at McDonalds or a Call Center, yet you know more than the players, coaches, GMs).

Nobody is going to do anything to help the Lakers, get over it. They are not going to be trading there assets until they know what they have. It takes 3-4 years to evaluate a player. Our 3 main young guys (DLo, Randle, Ingram) are not going anywhere.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227  Next
Page 1 of 227
Jump to: