Do Lakers Have the Right Young Stars to Build Around? w/Golden Throat

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Do Lakers Have the Right Young Stars to Build Around? w/Golden Throat

Hey all,

Hollywood Hoops: Do the Los Angeles Lakers Have the Right Young Stars to Build Around? w/return guest @LakerFilmRoom & @JoshMartinNBA

https://soundcloud.com/eric-pincus/do-los-angeles-lakers-right-young-stars-build-around-hollywood-hoops

Thanks,

Eric

PS: Here's the previous episode where I break down how the new CBA impacts Lakers
https://soundcloud.com/eric-pincus/hollywood-hoops-nba-nbpa-agreement-impact-lakers-clippers
mrand
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Love your work, Eric!
Very good listen!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

GOOD STUFF!! Keep up the good work.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject:

thx folks
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

GT and EMPLAY joining forces!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Good job, guys.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject:

"He's probably going to be a jack of all trades master of none; but look at Championship teams they usually have a few of those guys" das right GT. I think he's going to be the highest level of that archetype.
A 19-20ppg, 36% 3pt, 5apg, 6rpg / really good defender. An upgraded Batum

I think if we fill the pieces around our young core of 3, they can lead us to being great - maybe great enough to win the Finals if the super teams stop forming
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
"He's probably going to be a jack of all trades master of none; but look at Championship teams they usually have a few of those guys" das right GT. I think he's going to be the highest level of that archetype.

I think if we fill the pieces around our young core of 3, they can lead us to being great - maybe great enough to win the Finals if the super teams stop forming

Hope so. That's a really, really, good player.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

hell yea it is. Around the draft did you think he could be a 19-20ppg guy in the league? I'm still there. Add in the passing instincts we've seen, and I think this kid is a special jack of all trades
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I agree with what Reggie Miller said tonight. They have no killers on this team. None of the young guys are players other teams worry can explode and take over a game at any time.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Wait, did I hear that right? There's a chance Russell might need offseason knee surgery? I don't know how closely I listened on my way home from work.

Also really enjoyed the coaching discussion. Gave me a lot of insight on things I just don't understand at all as a fan watching.

Noel is still my hope. Would take the sting off losing a lotto pick this season if we got him.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

hell yea it is. Around the draft did you think he could be a 19-20ppg guy in the league? I'm still there. Add in the passing instincts we've seen, and I think this kid is a special jack of all trades
He is a talented and special "Jack of All Trades" similar to players like Chaunsey Billips and others.

They are seemingly without an engine that will make the pieces go at all times. Making mistakes because of youth is presently acceptable - allowing the team on the court to be confused, lethargic and lacking energy while not having the ability to beat single coverage could indicate that a different role needs to be developed for him while allowing the player the is a bonafide killer given the reins
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: