******* lakers vs rafters 6:30PM PT 1/1/17 ******
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

need to bottle up that sense of urgency they played with to end the game and always play like that

especially DLo
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Speedy pg

I want

A rim protector would serve us better tbh
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

DA1 wrote:
need to bottle up that sense of urgency they played with to end the game and always play like that

especially DLo

Agreed. And notice he came out gunning.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

Dominator wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
levon wrote:

his defense was good tonight

I'm dead...

I mean, if a guy scoring 35 on 15 shot attempts is "good defense", I'd hate to see what bad defense.

It's a good thing Russell was busting his ass tonight or Lowry would have went for 60.

Some of you guys can't be older than 18 if you guys think D-Lo is good. You must not have many great Laker memories, but those of us that have been around since the 1980s recognize good Laker basketball. This ain't it.

How many of those points were scored with Russell on him? I'm talking about reality, not the (bleep) you just make up as you go.

Who else would Russell be guarding? Lowry got 41 and DeRozan got 31. It doesn't matter if you score 28 on your end (with lot of those in garbage time), when you give it up on the defensive end like that.

We got the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. And we will be a losing team until these guys are replaced.

facts.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Damn can't believe neither Tarik nor TRob were able to grab their 10th rebounds. I thought for sure both would be double digits tonight. Good effort by those guys. TRob needs to reel it in a bit at times. Glad to have Tarik back!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DA1 wrote:

especially DLo

You mean Toronto committing lazy turnovers because they thought the game was in the bag? Not sure if the Grizzles will do that next game.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

Julius sparked the defense there at the very end, but we need someone who can do it consistently on the perimeter from opening tip. Wouldn't mind a trade for Tony Allen or Thabo.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
levon wrote:

I'm dead...

I mean, if a guy scoring 35 on 15 shot attempts is "good defense", I'd hate to see what bad defense.

It's a good thing Russell was busting his ass tonight or Lowry would have went for 60.

Some of you guys can't be older than 18 if you guys think D-Lo is good. You must not have many great Laker memories, but those of us that have been around since the 1980s recognize good Laker basketball. This ain't it.

How many of those points were scored with Russell on him? I'm talking about reality, not the (bleep) you just make up as you go.

Who else would Russell be guarding? Lowry got 41 and DeRozan got 31. It doesn't matter if you score 28 on your end (with lot of those in garbage time), when you give it up on the defensive end like that.

We got the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. And we will be a losing team until these guys are replaced.

facts.

Dude, maybe you should stop watching Lakers basketball. Just a clue.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

honestly, I would just like to see some sign that Luke is holding the young guys accountable.....seems like their bad habits are not getting better, and may even be getting worse
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

The frustrating part about this team is that they prove to us that they can play with a desire to win. However, they for the most part of the season, our starters playing it too cool for school.

No urgency. No fire. Then a glimpse.

Luke mentioned it. No fight
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Julius sparked the defense there at the very end, but we need someone who can do it consistently on the perimeter from opening tip. Wouldn't mind a trade for Tony Allen or Thabo.

you want to trade for 35 year old Tony Allen? What would be the point.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

That was straight up defensive monster Draymond-Julius that flashed. We saw that in the end of the Charlotte game too. Can't wait for him to harness that consistently game in and game out.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
The frustrating part about this team is that they prove to us that they can play with a desire to win. However, they for the most part of the season, our starters playing it too cool for school.

It's almost like they're playing like... they're a... gasp... young team.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
levon wrote:

I'm dead...

facts.

It's like a trainwreck. Can't stop watching. Am literally in awe from where we used to be, to where we are today.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

adkindo wrote:
honestly, I would just like to see some sign that Luke is holding the young guys accountable.....seems like their bad habits are not getting better, and may even be getting worse

This game was closer to the Utah game in effort and energy as well as execution tonight. A lot better showing then that outlier in Dallas. They're making the strides and progress. Post All-Star break barring any other injuries should be exciting to see as await the off season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

adkindo wrote:

Young players won't be held accountable until after the season is over, criticizing players right now isn't gonna help matters.. I'm just glad that the team can at least make games competitive.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Medal.ribbon
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lol @ AC & BGJ
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
levon wrote:

I'm dead...

facts.

It's like a trainwreck. Can't stop watching. Am literally in awe from where we used to be, to where we are today.

Yeah... that's what straight up rebuilds look like.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

To be entirely fair, Phoenix beat this Raptors squad the other day, and Earl Watson is well on his way to the WOAT coaching record. There is no excuse for a team shooting 56% against us. The story of this game was defense. I'll be updating the defensive thread shortly.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

This game was closer to the Utah game in effort and energy as well as execution tonight. A lot better showing then that outlier in Dallas. They're making the strides and progress. Post All-Star break barring any other injuries should be exciting to see as await the off season.

its more about the little things on an individual level that have to be corrected....but then I hear Luke after the game with "I like our effort"...but when Randle never bends more than 5 degrees and refuses to even get in a defensive stance, or Russel dont even try to look like he is attempting to get through a screen....what kind of message is it to approve of the effort? I dont want him being like Byron in the media, but I would think if the coaching staff was addressing it is private, there would be some sign of change in these things. If these guys get tagged with "bad defender" or "lazy on defense"....those reputations are hard to shake.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

To be entirely fair, Phoenix beat this Raptors squad the other day, and Earl Watson is well on his way to the WOAT coaching record. There is no excuse for a team shooting 56% against us. The story of this game was defense. I'll be updating the defensive thread shortly.

I thought the turnovers was as big of a problem as defense. Same game same results.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

The Lakers beat GSW and Houston, so what?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard to win when the opponent shoots 50%+ in FGs and from 3

Even when they were winning early in the season, the defense was not good.

At that point, they were getting fantastic play from both Lou and Swaggy. Now if either is slightly off, it is a sure loss as the young core is doing nothing.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

The Lakers beat GSW and Houston, so what?

kind of out of context....the Raptors have been struggling lately....there is very little chance we beat Houston or GSW if we played this week.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: