******* lakers vs rafters 6:30PM PT 1/1/17 ******
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

It's almost like they're playing like... they're a... gasp... young team.

As usual, disagree with your post.

Being a young team shouldn't be an excuse to not play hard defensively.

We have some guys who are weak mentally, it isn't entirely a youth thing, more like a heart and effort thing in my opinion.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
levon wrote:

his defense was good tonight

I'm dead...

I mean, if a guy scoring 35 on 15 shot attempts is "good defense", I'd hate to see what bad defense.

It's a good thing Russell was busting his ass tonight or Lowry would have went for 60.

Some of you guys can't be older than 18 if you guys think D-Lo is good. You must not have many great Laker memories, but those of us that have been around since the 1980s recognize good Laker basketball. This ain't it.

How many of those points were scored with Russell on him? I'm talking about reality, not the (bleep) you just make up as you go.

Who else would Russell be guarding? Lowry got 41 and DeRozan got 31. It doesn't matter if you score 28 on your end (with lot of those in garbage time), when you give it up on the defensive end like that.

We got the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. And we will be a losing team until these guys are replaced.

facts.

Your facts to hot take ratio is definitely not looking good.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lowry was the difference in the game. He got anything he wanted offensively. As for the Lakers it's becoming normal now with how many mistakes Luke has made this year.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
The frustrating part about this team is that they prove to us that they can play with a desire to win. However, they for the most part of the season, our starters playing it too cool for school.

No urgency. No fire. Then a glimpse.

Luke mentioned it. No fight

To be entirely fair, Phoenix beat this Raptors squad the other day, and Earl Watson is well on his way to the WOAT coaching record. There is no excuse for a team shooting 56% against us. The story of this game was defense. I'll be updating the defensive thread shortly.

The Lakers beat GSW and Houston, so what?

What exactly do those games have to do with opponents shooting a high fg% against us every single night? I'd consider those two games outliers, even though Houston and GSW shot 51% and 45% respectively. They were outscoring opponents by a decent margin, but that turned out to be unsustainable.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard to win when the opponent shoots 50%+ in FGs and from 3

Even when they were winning early in the season, the defense was not good.

At that point, they were getting fantastic play from both Lou and Swaggy. Now if either is slightly off, it is a sure loss as the young core is doing nothing.

Wait, what...?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

on a bright note....Josh Jackson is looking really good.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
The frustrating part about this team is that they prove to us that they can play with a desire to win. However, they for the most part of the season, our starters playing it too cool for school.

To be entirely fair, Phoenix beat this Raptors squad the other day, and Earl Watson is well on his way to the WOAT coaching record. There is no excuse for a team shooting 56% against us. The story of this game was defense. I'll be updating the defensive thread shortly.

What exactly do those games have to do with opponents shooting a high fg% against us every single night? I'd consider those two games outliers, even though Houston and GSW shot 51% and 45% respectively. They were outscoring opponents by a decent margin, but that turned out to be unsustainable.

I should've bolded the non-sequitor above.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Deng and Mozgov combined for 8 pts and 6 rebs.....Mozgov don't even get to play in 4th Q. We need a more athletic and mobile 5.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Well, the point was that being young isn't an excuse to allow an opponent to shoot 56%. Don't even care who it is. I brought up Phoenix since they have a few 19 year olds running around, although Len and Chandler ameliorate some of their defensive woes in the middle.
Dangelno
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
Deng and Mozgov combined for 8 pts and 6 rebs.....Mozgov don't even get to play in 4th Q. We need a more athletic and mobile 5.

I would start Black over him, we need to trade Mozgov..the only way I can see him being traded is if a team is desperate enough for Lou Williams.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Well, the point was that being young isn't an excuse to allow an opponent to shoot 56%. Don't even care who it is. I brought up Phoenix since they have a few 19 year olds running around, although Len and Chandler ameliorate some of their defensive woes in the middle.

No worries, we all recognize they're terrible on defense.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:

I'm hoping Deng is still a little hung over from NYE. It would be a horrible blow if he's reverting back from his strong performances over the past three weeks.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Booker is a terrible defender, the only player from his class with a worst DBPM than Dlo
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

That one got away from us. I thought Luke should have put the starters back in sooner in the fourth, but oh well.

That Siakam kid really impressed me tonight. He looks like a good pick by Toronto.

It looks like Norman Powell isn't in the rotation as much as I thought he'd be.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Booker is a terrible defender, the only player from his class with a worst DBPM than Dlo

Well, that's not true.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29
Jump to: