OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We would get a first rounder that, hopefully, in 4-5 years might give us 75% of what Lou gives us now.

Yeah. I don't mind keeping him around. From all reports, the young guys really like him as a vet and listen to him when he speaks. Is a good locker room presence.

#ThingsINeverThoughtI'dSay.

You do whatever works best for the team.

If you can get a sucker team to overpay for him, you do that.

Otherwise, you ride him as he is in his prime and you have him for a good price.

But everyone on this team is tradeable in my mind if the right deal appears. There are no untouchables except maybe Ingram.

Can we include Nance as an untouchable too?

I just really like Nance as a Laker. Would be really bummed if he was dealt away.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I would say right now Nance is untouchable due to his level of play for his low contract.

No upside in trading him.

But anyone else other than Ingram is in play in my mind.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Yes, I would say right now Nance is untouchable due to his level of play for his low contract.

I think Nance's contract, play, and upside make him actually a valuable trade asset, and while he's one of my favorite guys, he's not indispensable or going to be an impact star. If I can get something nice for him or a combo with him, I look at that.

If, for example (and I don't have anyone in mind here, hustle an example), you can get an impact wing for Clarkson and Nance, where that wing replaces clarkson, and Deng has to hold down the backup 4, would you look at that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We would get a first rounder that, hopefully, in 4-5 years might give us 75% of what Lou gives us now.

Yeah. I don't mind keeping him around. From all reports, the young guys really like him as a vet and listen to him when he speaks. Is a good locker room presence.

#ThingsINeverThoughtI'dSay.

You do whatever works best for the team.

If you can get a sucker team to overpay for him, you do that.

Otherwise, you ride him as he is in his prime and you have him for a good price.

But everyone on this team is tradeable in my mind if the right deal appears. There are no untouchables except maybe Ingram.

Can we include Nance as an untouchable too?

I just really like Nance as a Laker. Would be really bummed if he was dealt away.

Eh, I was bummed when we traded Anthony Peeler away. But it was to get Shaq so I got over it real quick. I agree with Lanny mostly, I don't think anyone is untradeable.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I think Nance's contract, play, and upside make him actually a valuable trade asset, and while he's one of my favorite guys, he's not indispensable or going to be an impact star. If I can get something nice for him or a combo with him, I look at that.

If, for example (and I don't have anyone in mind here, hustle an example), you can get an impact wing for Clarkson and Nance, where that wing replaces clarkson, and Deng has to hold down the backup 4, would you look at that?

Maybe JC and Nance for Middleton?

Although I'd prefer to keep both and pursue Hayward this summer in free agency.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I would be an absolute train wreck if Nance is ever traded, but if it's a really good deal, do it. His value to a team is a lot higher than his statline though. You really have to get an impactful player in return if you're giving him up in a larger deal.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I would be an absolute train wreck if Nance is ever traded, but if it's a really good deal, do it. His value to a team is a lot higher than his statline though. You really have to get an impactful player in return if you're giving him up in a larger deal.

Well, you're seeing the team fall apart defensively without him, so it is a train wreck in every sense of the word right now. Lakers are right there with Portland as the worst defensive team in the league. The consensus seems to be that trading away Lou or Young would be the tank move, but the team needs a healthy Nance doing the dirty work. Defense is the reason a team like the Grizzles can pull out wins with Gasol putting up 0 points. Hell, even a Dewayne Dedmon would fix some of the defensive woes at the moment, but the Spurs will keep him. Missed rotations, not tagging the roll man, not helping the helper, lack of defensive communication -- Nance ameliorated some of these issues, despite no defensive presence or rim protector on the team. He was overmatched at times (and I'd argue that's more on Luke playing him at center), but you could count on him giving 100% effort (this reads more like an eulogy. my bad. )

I'd consider him a key piece to any championship team. Depends entirely on how his knees holds up. If the knee issues turn out to be chronic, then the Lakers lose a key component of their defense.

He was leading the team in DBPM, BPM. Apparently, people value those numbers when it comes to Ingram, but then conveniently to throw it out for other players. Go figure.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Not just that, he's not a big stat guy. Should be easier to resign and keep on the team.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Depends on your confidence in Julius Randle. Right now? Hell no.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I think that the Laker's confidence in Randle is obvious.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Sweet Lou's Shot Chart: http://imgur.com/a/BNJzd

The guy is butter from almost everywhere. SOOOOO impressive.
Guess he should stay away from the straight on 3. But if he's gonna shoot this good. I'd probably tell him to shoot whenever, wherever he wants.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

If we are really going to focus on developing our young guys, I think we may be at the point where Lou is indirectly hurting that development. When DLo, Young, Clarkson and Lou are all healthy, there is just not enough minutes to give DLo and Clarkson. I think Young has to get his minutes because he is the only player that can provide what he does. For development, Russell needs about 33 minutes a night, and Clarkson at least 28 MPG. If Young is getting 25 MPG.....there is only about 10 MPG left. Lou is simply too good to only be getting 10-15 MPG...but that is the perfect amount for Marcelo / Calderon.

Lou has been a solid pro for the Lakers, so I prefer they look to move him only to serious playoff contender....but I think moving him is in the best interest of both parties.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Another great game by Sweet Lou@

DANCING BARRY wrote:
Quote:
Big game from Lou. He was hitting threes and getting to the line like only he does. He had 10 of the Lakers 15 FTAs taking defenders to school. The Pacers had no answer for him. Asked what he saw out there, “I never think about it. Just whatever happens in that split second moment that’s just what I’m going to do. I don’t even see the person in front of me. At this point it doesn’t matter to me. The only thing I think about is if a team is going to push me right, I just take what’s given. Sometimes I may jab left,” he said. Just a killer with the game-high 27 in 29 minutes. He had some nice moments with Zubac offensively, but also used screens from Mozgov well. He probably played with all the bigs out there tonight and will have Nance thrown in the mix next game, too. The Stats: He scored 27 points on 7-15 shooting (4-8 from three, 9-10 from the line) to go with 4 boards, 3 assists, 3 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 block and 2 fouls in 29:32. He was a +4.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Lou had one move where he broke a couple of Pacers ankles. Mighty impressive.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

He looks like he's in a different league as a player sometimes. Not figuratively, literally. He just looks too small and crafty for everyone else.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
He looks like he's in a different league as a player sometimes. Not figuratively, literally. He just looks too small and crafty for everyone else.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

Lou is having a great season, but a 30 usage on a rebuilding team is not helping the young players develop.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Lou is having a great season, but a 30 usage on a rebuilding team is not helping the young players develop.

He's showing veteran leadership and professionalism by example.
That being said, how much of that do we need or for how long I don't know.

No doubt that his PT may cut into one or two of the young guys court time somewhat but he is showing them how to bring, whatever your particular skill-set is, every night and give it 100% consistently.
Players don't necessarily gain all of their knowledge and experience by just being on the court. There are many other intangibles that go into the package.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

It's a tough call because I don't think the market for Lou is anywhere near as large as what it seems like it should be based on his production. When I look at most of the playoff teams, I don't think they would want him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Lou is our best player and consistent and 6th man candidate.

He has high value for us because he's on a bargain deal AND is consistent.

When you try to move people you try to move those who you think are as far as they'll go and are inconsistent but may still have value.

So by that metric as far as our wing players go, Lou has more staying power on this team than Young or Clarkson.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

No doubt that his PT may cut into one or two of the young guys court time somewhat but he is showing them how to bring, whatever your particular skill-set is, every night and give it 100% consistently.
Players don't necessarily gain all of their knowledge and experience by just being on the court. There are many other intangibles that go into the package.

The coach is allowing this to happen. It all starts and ends with Luke.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
It's a tough call because I don't think the market for Lou is anywhere near as large as what it seems like it should be based on his production. When I look at most of the playoff teams, I don't think they would want him.

Even if they wanted him they would try to low-ball us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Lou plays the 4th most mpg amongst Jc (most), Dlo, swag and Lou. What is the complaint here?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Lou plays the 4th most mpg amongst Jc (most), Dlo, swag and Lou. What is the complaint here?

His usage rate is too high for a rebuilding team. Luke is calling the plays and letting him do this. This falls on the coach.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

It is what is. I don't think it's a good idea to keep having 4 guys who need minutes/shots going forward. I think only one of swaggy/lou are needed down the road. Rather have a defensive minded wing as our 4th guard (assuming we don't sign another starting level guard).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 37 of 43
Jump to: