Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I still am upset we don't have Banks.

I understand that starting PG is a position that is still not set for this team. However Banks IMO is not the guy that would start. He's a backup IMO.

People say that Radman is just shooter - well the last 2 games he's come off the bench and basically provided 9-10 points, 3 assists, 3-4 boards and aggressive D in about 20 minutes. That is a HUGE bonus off the bench. Imagine when he gets his shot back ......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
I'm The Dan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Kobe, Odom and Bynum starting the All-Star game this year.

Odom playing like a man and all the haters need to step up and admit it.

I agree with whoever said that Rad playing well. First shot of the game he threw up an airball, but he does more than I thought. Whoever said he couldn't play defense during the offseason needs to show some love as well - probably the same people saying M. Banks was a defensive savior.

really liking this team. just hope kobe can fit in. right now we need kobe to be the passing kobe. the way everyone is playing, he'd fit perfect. kobe needs to get 25/7/7 or so with lamar averaging the same.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm the Dan - Balanced stats I'd like to see

Bynum 10/6/1/2
Odom 21/10/6
Walton 10/5/3
Kobe 26/6/5
Parker 9/3/4

Turiaf 7/6/1/1
Cook 6/4
Radman 8/4/3
Evans 5/3
Farmar 5/3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I only wish that somehow Phil could get Odom's head right now and just store it forever.

I don't think its going away. A combination of his tragedy this summer, along with Phil, Tex and Kobe pushing him and supporting him--I think he's really turned the corner now for good. And besides, he looks like he's just having too much fun out there now to just crawl back into his shell.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I only wish that somehow Phil could get Odom's head right now and just store it forever.

I don't think its going away. A combination of his tragedy this summer, along with Phil, Tex and Kobe pushing him and supporting him--I think he's really turned the corner now for good. And besides, he looks like he's just having too much fun out there now to just crawl back into his shell.

Something which is going to be very important, as the season goes on... Lamar is going to have to get enough rest. It looks like he's been able to get some decent rest, but he just always looks like he gets worked very hard... I just don't want to see him go down, like Kobe. Rony, Walton, Evans, and Vlad will all help keep Lamar rested, and healthy.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I still am upset we don't have Banks.

I understand that starting PG is a position that is still not set for this team. However Banks IMO is not the guy that would start. He's a backup IMO.

People say that Radman is just shooter - well the last 2 games he's come off the bench and basically provided 9-10 points, 3 assists, 3-4 boards and aggressive D in about 20 minutes. That is a HUGE bonus off the bench. Imagine when he gets his shot back ......

Well considering that Nash was 6-15 last night and Davis 6-19 tonight, we're actually not getting totally killed by the elite points. Neither of those guys was actually able to control the game. Yes, Barbosa went off and Ellis went off, but both those guys are freakishly fast, undersized 2s in a 1s body, and I don't think anyone is going to really be able to stop them. Banks is fast, Barbosa is faster. I'll take some daggers from the Barbosa's and Ellis's of the world if the Nash's and Davis's don't go off too.

As for Rad, yeah, he is really showing a lot more than I thought he'd have. Just a solid player so far. I appreciate someone who's willing to play through an injury, and even moreso one who finds ways to actually contribute and be prodcutive in new ways. I wish the shot was falling, but he's actually helping out there nonetheless.

I was bemoaning the Rad signing and cheerleading for a Banks signing all summer, but so far I'm not at all disappointed to be wrong about it.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Imagine the size we could put on the floor, if we used a lineup, like this:

C: Bynum; Mihm

PF: Kwame; Turiaf; Cook

SF: Odom; Walton; Vlad

SG: Kobe; Evans; Sasha; Williams

PG: Farmar; Smush; Sasha; Williams
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

that would be a dream come true - kwame getting a handle on and excelling at the 4...
fuserchris
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject:

so glad Ronny is on my fantasy team
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I'm on record as saying that Vlad will score 15-16 points per game this year. All he needs is for his hand to heal to get that shot back. He's definately a better player than many gave him credit for.
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

RONNY TURIAF'S THE BEST WOOOOOO~!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: