Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
And VLF is 3 for 3 with his predictions

Didn't you say we had Portland?

Lol

To make it fair, we probably win had Deng played against Portland.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Its nice to blow somebody out. Great win for us. The Heat are depleted, but a win is a win. We've won two out of three, stay positive.

Well it's like wise ol' Nick Young once said, the wins against us counted for other teams pretty fairly when half our team was out, right? That totally changed my opinion of beating teams when they're undermanned.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Derrick Williams looked like Brian Grant out there on the court tonight. He played for the Heat for a minute right?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
And VLF is 3 for 3 with his predictions

Didn't you say we had Portland?

Lol

I did say that Randle and Ingram would have good games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Cochese wrote:
Its nice to blow somebody out. Great win for us. The Heat are depleted, but a win is a win. We've won two out of three, stay positive.

Well it's like wise ol' Nick Young once said, the wins against us counted for other teams pretty fairly when half our team was out, right? That totally changed my opinion of beating teams when they're undermanned.

I was impressed with the Heat players, their effort was fantastic tonight. I have always liked Spoelstra and his ability to get a bunch of misfits to play hard is impressive.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Derrick Williams looked like Brian Grant out there on the court tonight. He played for the Heat for a minute right?

we traded Shaq to get him
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

ChickenStu wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
That's why Lou is valuable, KIROE!

In all seriousness, I get that it can be ugly at times, and therefore, frustrating to watch. But he's efficient. He's fine by me as a 6th man/gunner off the bench. If he's playing well, no issue with him on the floor in crunch time. I just don't want him starting and averaging 30 MPG. I'm also fine with trading him if it brings back legit value. Nothing mickey mouse though (no 2nd rounders, for example).

Yea, it's just that it's frustrating when it's not working. And a lot of times Luke keeps him in too long when he's not hot. But he's been invaluable for us for most of this year. We wouldn't have as many wins without him. His game is just so ugly though. Hey a nice traditional catch n shoot, assisted by BI, love it

He's been our best player this season, though. (And I tell that to the other 29 NBA GM's.)

He has but how does that fit with the rest of the young guys going forward? That's the question I ask myself. Deng brings the veteran leadership we need, Mozgov is suppose to be our rim protector. Nick is our sharpshooter...

Well, if we're trying to win over the next 2 seasons, he's currently our best bench guard, and yes, he's better than Clarkson.

If the Lakers shock the world and make the offs this year, there's probably be a game where they're trailing double digits and can't find the basket. Then all of a sudden Lou gets hot by duping guys into fouls to get the team back in it. Sometimes it takes those big moments for fans to see the value of certain players. But Lou is that reliable as a scorer. Randle's awkward-looking flip shots at the rim are about as ugly as it gets, but if they're going down who really cares? lol. In this high-scoring age of the league with so many dominant teams offensively, Lou is an ideal player coming off the bench if you want a chance at matching firepower on the other side. I'd get it if he was playing awful, but he's been nothing short of spectacular all year. Fans are just weird sometimes. I guess it's not quite as fun if you don't have a favorite player every year to endlessly trash, even when they're clearly helping the team.

Last edited by Judah on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Lol yup, that's why they looked so similar to me
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

back then, my mom and I always wanted Brian Grant to be a Laker at some point, just liked how he played. So I was happy when we got him, and LO for that matter.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Lol yup, that's why they looked so similar to me

that kid we had in Summer League and Preseason (although he never played) from Notre Dame reminded me of Grant sometimes in his mannerisms and movement on the court....not sure if it was Grant with good knees or Grant with almost no knees
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

back then, my mom and I always wanted Brian Grant to be a Laker at some point, just liked how he played. So I was happy when we got him, and LO for that matter.

was solid in Portland back during that rivalry....but by the time he got to LA, his knees were gone
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Fun game to watch. Miami obviously is very thin to begin with, take Whiteside/Winslow and then dragic out...it's a pretty empty calorie win. That being said, we lost a lot of games in December partly due to a ton of injuries so it's nice to get one back.

Observations

1) Thomas Robinson - has the heart but not the skills, good 3rd PF though.

2) Dlo - about damn time you realize that you aren't steph curry and start going towards the hoop. Really good job setting the tone early

3) JC - settle down with the mad dogging and dancing and putting the fists up. I'm down with being physical, but it's easy when you are pushing around the smallest dude on the floor. Dragic didn't deserve to be ejected.

4) Lou - i'm 100% sure teams have called asking about his availability. Low contract, tons of offensive production. I imagine he won't be traded this year, but going into his final year of his contract next year I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded in the summer. Guy is so good offensively.

5) BI - I'm so happy with what i've seen from him as of late. He is gaining confidence in his ability to drive to the basket and his playmaking skills are off the chart for his age. He needs to chill on the 3's for a bit and work on it over the summer.

3 more wins and we will equal all of last year!
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Great team win. The Clarkson scuffle could be the turning point for the season.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Miami Heat are going all in for FUltz or DSJ it seems.

Trade Dragic and they complete their tank for this season.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Great team win. The Clarkson scuffle could be the turning point for the season.

Lol how?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm always amazed at how well Memphis plays even with injuries.
And this is even with a coaching change.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

After seeing the replay of the scuffle a few times, yeah, it wasn't a punch. It was more like a forearm shove up towards the face. That might save him from a suspension. On Spectrum Sportsnet just now, JC even said that he hopes it doesn't cost him another game, suggesting he's at least thinking about it and possibly worried a little about what the league could do. Let's hope he just gets fined.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson gets the game ball for taking out the best scorer. Then he has to pass the game ball to Ingram who, imho might have had a breakthrough game and left me seeing stars.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
After seeing the replay of the scuffle a few times, yeah, it wasn't a punch. It was more like a forearm shove up towards the face. That might save him from a suspension. On Spectrum Sportsnet just now, JC even said that he hopes it doesn't cost him another game, suggesting he's at least thinking about it and possibly worried a little about what the league could do. Let's hope he just gets fined.

I think he'll get suspended. Initially, I didn't. But someone posted this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1i1e9WVQAAcCP7.jpg

That will get you a suspension every time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I think he'll get suspended. Initially, I didn't. But someone posted this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1i1e9WVQAAcCP7.jpg

That will get you a suspension every time.

really? putting your hands up in case he breaks through the refs. maybe it will, but I have always thought the suspension came when a punch was made with a closed fist
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

The worry for me is that the action by Clarkson, even if it wasn't a punch, could be seen by the league as "forcible contact towards an opponent's head", or something to that effect.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

That Dragic guy again. Dude had issues with Sasha (2010) and now JC.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Had to drop off the game - birthday being celebrated at my house - just got back to watch a replay of the end. Wow. Lakers buried a team for once.

I get the feeling Deng is this old vet who knows how to coast along for a while early season when the future stars are getting their licks in, then turn it on as the season grinds on and injuries set the others back. He's been getting a lot better lately. Tonight he looked and played like the real Luol Deng. I'd almost forgot how good Deng is.

Ingram - wow this guy's just scratching the surface. Two games in a row now where he's got an offense to go with his all-around solid game. Defense, steals, blocked shots, solid passing, good off-ball movement and very intelligent decisions on the court, and now this kid's scoring through contact and making shots. 4 years, 40 pounds or so, and this guy's a superstar.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Had to drop off the game - birthday being celebrated at my house - just got back to watch a replay of the end. Wow. Lakers buried a team for once.

I get the feeling Deng is this old vet who knows how to coast along for a while early season when the future stars are getting their licks in, then turn it on as the season grinds on and injuries set the others back. He's been getting a lot better lately. Tonight he looked and played like the real Luol Deng. I'd almost forgot how good Deng is.

Ingram - wow this guy's just scratching the surface. Two games in a row now where he's got an offense to go with his all-around solid game. Defense, steals, blocked shots, solid passing, good off-ball movement and very intelligent decisions on the court, and now this kid's scoring through contact and making shots. 4 years, 40 pounds or so, and this guy's a superstar.

Deng's performance was quite refreshing.

We need more nights like this one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

POST GAME REPORT:

Lakers Rack Up Season-High 127 Points, Overwhelm Heat

Quote:
Big leads hadn’t led to wins the way the Lakers’ would’ve liked heading into Friday’s tilt with Miami.

The night before, they let a 14-point advantage slip in Portland, and three weeks earlier they fumbled a 19-point lead against this same Heat squad. But this time Los Angeles just kept pouring it on, piling up a new season-high in scoring for a 127-100 victory.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170106-postgame-report-lakers-heat
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: