Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Chael and Gilbert Melendez's analysis. Exactly what I was saying. "Could she walk through the fire to get to her danger zone". Answer was no.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

a great way to get into the clinch is to have your opponent stuff your take down... then clinch and throw her!

I agree with the deer in the headlights that Chael said..
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ive been saying Ronda was overrated back when it wasnt popular to do so. Her initial dominance was more to do with weak competition than her being an unbeatable fighter.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

waiting for the next Ronda Rousey fight...

lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

She's going to probably lose any future movie appearances as well...

At least Carano was pretty, Rousey on the otherhand...
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

If Rousey doesn't retire, she better get a new trainer. If she stays with him we can look forward to another embarrassing loss.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Rousey/Nunez getting all the pub but how about that Garbrandt performance? As someone else mentioned previously, the kid completely out-Cruz'd Cruz, not an easy feat.

That being said, Dominic looked slow.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Rousey/Nunez getting all the pub but how about that Garbrandt performance? As someone else mentioned previously, the kid completely out-Cruz'd Cruz, not an easy feat.

Yep, I have never liked Cruz's style, he throws these wild round house punches and the moves away, it is so unorthodox that it confuses "normal" fighters.

In fact I am hoping Cruz does not get a immediate rematch, I would like to see Cody fight Dillashaw next.

I have seen Cody's last 3 or 4 fights and I really like the kid, I hope he has a nice long run as Champ!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

LOL

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Yep, I have never liked Cruz's style, he throws these wild round house punches and the moves away, it is so unorthodox that it confuses "normal" fighters.

In fact I am hoping Cruz does not get a immediate rematch, I would like to see Cody fight Dillashaw next.

I have seen Cody's last 3 or 4 fights and I really like the kid, I hope he has a nice long run as Champ!

Yeah, Cruz's style was frustrating to watch for a lot of fans but he did take the loss like a champ. I am curious to see how he bounces back because he really didn't look like he had the same speed or explosiveness.

As far as Grabrandt goes, he's got that hunger something fierce right now. I don't think anyone saw his performance against Cruz coming. He was the better, sharper tactician and he even outpaced Cruz. Going the distance didn't seem possible for him under any other circumstance than being picked apart, gassed and just straight being in survival mode. But this kid is multidimensional and smart, far superior than just the blitzing power puncher most thought he was.

He's so young that he's definitely got a shot to go on a nice run but the UFC is just such a tough business for fighters to dominate for long stretches these days. Those tiny gloves make almost everyone a power puncher so it doesn't take much to turn the tide of a fight real quick. And it takes a lot out of you with lots of surgeries and recovery as your career advances. It's brutal. That being said, I do hope he stays focused and sharp because the sport is advancing and evolving and he could be one of the big transformative stars and run his division for two years (which is a very long run in the USADA era).
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tony-ferguson/breaking-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson-set-ufc-209/
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tony-ferguson/breaking-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson-set-ufc-209/

That's a potentially monster match up. Can't wait to see the rest of the card.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Great match up, as long as the winner then gets McGregor.

On the subject of forthcoming events, the card for UFC 208 looks weak AF

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Great match up, as long as the winner then gets McGregor.

On the subject of forthcoming events, the card for UFC 208 looks weak AF

Yeah there have been plenty of free Fight Nights that have been better.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Wot

Neither Diaz brother on the card for 209???
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

Bye Bye Pena! w/ that press up against the fence HORSE SHA* . What an arm bar.
Masvidal is the real deal, Kimbo fighter making waves in the UFC, crazy.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Pena is a snooze-tastic fighter. Just straight ugly. Minus a huge following (Lesnar, GSP), she owns a style that just gives MMA a bad look to the casuals.

Valentina certainly has improved and she gave Nunes all she could handle in their first match. If she was 2 inches taller and her reach was longer, I'd think she could take the title but Nunes seems like she's really starting to come into her own as well and her power is just beyond a normal woman's striking. Shevchenko has great counter punching and knows how to keep distance really well but just lacks the power to do the kind of damage I think she'd need. Then again, maybe she can get Nunes to gas out. I'm interested in the rematch for sure.

Had no idea Masvidal was a Kimbo fighter. He walked right through Cowboy. Impressive. Cerrone's body didn't look the same as it did during his previous bouts at welterweight. I wonder if it was a tough weight cut.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Pena is a snooze-tastic fighter. Just straight ugly. Minus a huge following (Lesnar, GSP), she owns a style that just gives MMA a bad look to the casuals.

Valentina certainly has improved and she gave Nunes all she could handle in their first match. If she was 2 inches taller and her reach was longer, I'd think she could take the title but Nunes seems like she's really starting to come into her own as well and her power is just beyond a normal woman's striking. Shevchenko has great counter punching and knows how to keep distance really well but just lacks the power to do the kind of damage I think she'd need. Then again, maybe she can get Nunes to gas out. I'm interested in the rematch for sure.

Had no idea Masvidal was a Kimbo fighter. He walked right through Cowboy. Impressive. Cerrone's body didn't look the same as it did during his previous bouts at welterweight. I wonder if it was a tough weight cut.

Doubt it..he cut fine to 155 much less 170. That's just how Cowboy is. When things are rolling he's a world beater. If things don't work, he stiffens up. As almost strictly a muay thai striker, the jab will absolutely eat you up. I took it for a minute and even my instructor said the same thing. It's how Diaz picked him apart.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I was really sad to see the Cowboy get dominated that way, but he said something to the announcers prior to the fight about NOT watching any film on his opponent!

That was stupid, arrogant, and irresponsible, I am pretty sure Masvidal watched film of the Cowboy and that helped him win.

Cowboy and his camp needs to stop being so cocky and take a look at his opponents in the future...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yea I'm all aboard the Nunes train. She's a beast, coming into her own like you said. If her conditioning is improved, she'll efff Valentina up.(Even though Valentina is an amazing counter puncher). She shut Holmes down in a crazy way.

Cowboy was at a concert the night before the fight. lmao. His head movement is sub par, Masvidal attacked and Cowboy was froze.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Doubt it..he cut fine to 155 much less 170. That's just how Cowboy is. When things are rolling he's a world beater. If things don't work, he stiffens up. As almost strictly a muay thai striker, the jab will absolutely eat you up. I took it for a minute and even my instructor said the same thing. It's how Diaz picked him apart.

Yeah, Diaz has that length and heavy hands. He also really pushed the pace on Cowboy and made him fight going backward which Donald can't really do. But you're right, a good jab will work him because he most just pit-pats with his hands to try and set up his nasty kicks. I'm actually surprised how ineffective his punches look when he's not trying to load up.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yea I'm all aboard the Nunes train. She's a beast, coming into her own like you said. If her conditioning is improved, she'll efff Valentina up.(Even though Valentina is an amazing counter puncher). She shut Holmes down in a crazy way.

Cowboy was at a concert the night before the fight. lmao. His head movement is sub par, Masvidal attacked and Cowboy was froze.

I think the rematch has a chance to be a war. Valentina has a great chin. She's a bit of an oak stump and has very good endurance. Rewatched the first match up last night and, after fighting off a serious and prolonged guillotine attempt, she really took over by the third, she was able to land quite a few effective knees. If the new grounded fighter rule were in place then, she wins that fight. But we'll see this time around. If she can get into those championship rounds, maybe she has a chance to win by attrition.

So Cowboy allegedly didn't watch film or game plan and was out the night before? Sounds about right.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I was really sad to see the Cowboy get dominated that way, but he said something to the announcers prior to the fight about NOT watching any film on his opponent!

That was stupid, arrogant, and irresponsible, I am pretty sure Masvidal watched film of the Cowboy and that helped him win.

Cowboy and his camp needs to stop being so cocky and take a look at his opponents in the future...

Wrong... The real reason Cowboy loses his fights is because he didn't have enough Fight Milk.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Korean zombie!!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

really crappy fight card tonight...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 399 of 499
Jump to: