JerryWest_44 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
What's DLOs plus minus tonite?

Why are you one of the quiet cowards when he has a good game, and then you come out all brave and full of yourself when he has an off game?

why is a moderator of this site acting so childish?

Excuse me? What is childish are these guys who come out of the woodwork guns blazing whenever Dlo plays badly, but then they completely disappear when he's playing well. But thanks.
name calling is beneath a mod

I'm not calling anyone a name. I'm saying it is cowardly to hide when Dlo has several nice games but show up and jump him the minute he doesn't. There's a reason the guy's last post before tonight was on 12/27, and it was, "Dlo sucks". Then nothing for the five games this month until Dlo has a bad night, and boom! Here he is. I'm calling this stuff out from now on because it is ruining this sitem, because only the hot takers and their fans enjoy it.

I didn't feel like anyone called me a name - DLO had a bad night and I commented on his poor play ....

Just curious why you had a ton to say about him tonight and the 27th, but zip in between?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Russell dribbles then passes at seven seconds.

Why is that?

Because he doesn't have the skill set to run an offense

I think he's fine running the offense, but I do think he doesn't have the 1 vs 1 skills to get you a shot without being part of the offense (say like screens)

To that point, that's why it frustrates me to see him pound the ball east and west and bail himself out by passing it with a few seconds left.

Part of it is him and part of it is the other guys who stand around.

None of of our young guys are great at 1 vs 1 yet. Clarkson probably has the edge but then thinks he's Kobe out there at times. Hogs it
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

JerryWest_44 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Why are you one of the quiet cowards when he has a good game, and then you come out all brave and full of yourself when he has an off game?

Excuse me? What is childish are these guys who come out of the woodwork guns blazing whenever Dlo plays badly, but then they completely disappear when he's playing well. But thanks.

I like this site better when guys who come out with "DLO can't run an offense" get their mouths shut. I don't care if you think it's "childish." I love it.

I love this site too as I've been watching guard play since Goodrich and West....

So have I. Loved that team. DLO on the whole provides a big improvement to our offense. Tonight was the anomaly, not the rule. Shows he's still got some growing to do. He does know how to run an offense though.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I'm not calling anyone a name. I'm saying it is cowardly to hide when Dlo has several nice games but show up and jump him the minute he doesn't. There's a reason the guy's last post before tonight was on 12/27, and it was, "Dlo sucks". Then nothing for the five games this month until Dlo has a bad night, and boom! Here he is. I'm calling this stuff out from now on because it is ruining this sitem, because only the hot takers and their fans enjoy it.
saying he's one of the cowards is name calling, calling his actions cowardly would not have been.

same mods that perma ban laker fans for saying Lou should stop shooting no point in arguing breh
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I didn't feel like anyone called me a name - DLO had a bad night and I commented on his poor play ....

Just curious why you had a ton to say about him tonight and the 27th, but zip in between?

Lol - i just had some energy and time tonite unilike the Lakers.
Billium
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I like this site better when guys who come out with "DLO can't run an offense" get their mouths shut. I don't care if you think it's "childish." I love it.

I love this site too as I've been watching guard play since Goodrich and West....

So have I. Loved that team. DLO on the whole provides a big improvement to our offense. Tonight was the anomaly, not the rule. Shows he's still got some growing to do. He does know how to run an offense though.

I think it should be mentioned that DLO just missed a few open shots and the situation which preceded Jerry's post the offense was standing still and asking DLO to just create by himself isn't really fair.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Soo, who is better, Jerry West or DLo? Goodrich or TRob?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

leor_77 wrote:
Silver lining is Ingram made a few more three's.

He gets phased out by the others. I had predicted anither good game from him and while there were a few mistakes, he continued to look confident in his few attempts.

This kid needs to be featured even if just in spurts.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

saying he's one of the cowards is name calling, calling his actions cowardly would not have been.

same mods that perma ban laker fans for saying Lou should stop shooting no point in arguing breh

You came back!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Lol - i just had some energy and time tonite unilike the Lakers.

Just coincidence that he's been playing well in between...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

He gets phased out by the others. I had predicted anither good game from him and while there were a few mistakes, he continued to look confident in his few attempts.

not to be argumentative, but he will continue to get phased out if he allows it to happen....this in the NBA. We should all be encouraged that over the last 5 games, he has made the decision to not be phased out and called his own number more. Nobody on that team will say a word if he is more aggressive and gets himself more shots. I not making a fair or unfair call...just think that is what he needs to continue doing.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

not to be argumentative, but he will continue to get phased out if he allows it to happen....this in the NBA. We should all be encouraged that over the last 5 games, he has made the decision to not be phased out and called his own number more. Nobody on that team will say a word if he is more aggressive and gets himself more shots. I not making a fair or unfair call...just think that is what he needs to continue doing.

There might something to that but I think Ingram is playing within the system and perhaps one of the players that doesn't do their own thing.

I mean, we have Robinson going rogue at times lol
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

There are a lot of people doing the opposite as well. It becomes a battle of the people who refuse to see a players flaws versus people who refuse to see a players improvement. Both sides get stronger when the other pushes. The civil wars are not for me.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

LOL!! Sure I've got time to kill. Jerry West is the Logo for a reason. DLO has a ways to go to get there. Goodrich/TRob? No you mean Happy Hairston Trob, and it's Hairston hands down. Hard to compare to Randle because their games are so different. Goodrich comp would be Swaggy. Gail has that one although Swaggy is actually a better defender this year with his size. I know that's sacriledge. Pat Riley compared with Clarkson or Williams. Riles was a scrapper but scoring idk might actually favor Clarkson and Williams on that side... Macmillan was decent, comparable to Deng in some ways. Ingram will be far better when he hits his prime though. Center? Put prime Wilt versus any center in the NBA today Wilt would friggin' embarrass him. Put post-prime Laker Wilt against any center today and he'd still friggin' embarrass him. Cousins would be a crying little babyman after going 32 minutes against Wilt's 48.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

LOL!! Sure I've got time to kill. Jerry West is the Logo for a reason. DLO has a ways to go to get there. Goodrich/TRob? No you mean Happy Hairston Trob, and it's Hairston hands down. Hard to compare to Randle because their games are so different. Goodrich comp would be Swaggy. Gail has that one although Swaggy is actually a better defender this year with his size. I know that's sacriledge. Pat Riley compared with Clarkson or Williams. Riles was a scrapper but scoring idk might actually favor Clarkson and Williams on that side... Macmillan was decent, comparable to Deng in some ways. Ingram will be far better when he hits his prime though. Center? Put prime Wilt versus any center in the NBA today Wilt would friggin' embarrass him. Put post-prime Laker Wilt against any center today and he'd still friggin' embarrass him. Cousins would be a crying little babyman after going 32 minutes against Wilt's 48.

Goodrich had the best 15 ft jumper for a Laker guard IMO
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Billium wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

There are a lot of people doing the opposite as well. It becomes a battle of the people who refuse to see a players flaws versus people who refuse to see a players improvement. Both sides get stronger when the other pushes. The civil wars are not for me.

I think there are extreme views both ways. It just doesn't follow that the Dlo supporters all see no flaws, and it is only one group of extremists that pops in and out based on outcomes.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Good luck getting Lou to do that. Aside from that sequence that led to the Aminu block, I thought no one guarded Ingram well enough tonight and they should have gone to him more in the low post.

I've been high on Clarkson lately because he's shown willingness to make the extra pass. When the second unit goes into hero ball mode, I've noticed everyone stops committing on the defensive end and the game gets out of hand. Not every opponent will be the Heat or Magic, so there has to be some kind of offensive structure for the second unit. Russell makes an effort to initiate the offense, so I can live with those missed threes. Lou Williams? He makes no effort to get others involved.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Only good thing from this game is only 10 TO. Everything else was quite awful. But expected with young team. More of this will follow. But also some goods game will come. This season is about ups and downs.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Russell got challenged tonight and he got owned. Good learning experience.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

^yeah as far as the third quarter and game outcome, that's fair.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

They say that our free agent signings are good because they're the type of signings that do not impede the development of the core. But something was happening earlier in the year while we were winning, and that was Lou's 6th man award winning play, and the resurgence of Nick Young. The dependency on these guys have been the impedance. When they don't do their thing, the Lakers have very little scoring. Lakers need to think long and hard if Lou and Nick will still play at a high level by the time the core arrives. Because then keeping them makes sense and their peaks can overlap. But I they're an impedance actually, that may cause the core to take longer to arrive, which then increases the chance the young core's peak overlapping with the Lou and Nick's downside.

I think at least, one needs to be traded.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Solid 1st half, Terrible 2nd half.

Part of the growing process of finding consistency.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Nick killed us tonight. He missed shot after shot that could have given us momentum in the third...would have been better to just not take them.

I also thought the refs were really swaying in favor of Portland tonight. They allowed an absurd amount of hand checking and arm slapping, which led to a lot of blocks and TOs that certainly could have been called fouls. It seemed at times that the game was being played in Portland. You can definitely see why this team leads the league in fouls...I'm surprised they only had 21 called on them.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

^ even the new announcer crew for Portland commented on how much the refs were letting the Blazers get away with getting physical on Ingram. They let the game get chippy then surprise we get a near-altercation on the floor when DLO adds his own elbows to the mix. Too bad that worked in Portland's favor as well.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
They say that our free agent signings are good because they're the type of signings that do not impede the development of the core. But something was happening earlier in the year while we were winning, and that was Lou's 6th man award winning play, and the resurgence of Nick Young. The dependency on these guys have been the impedance. When they don't do their thing, the Lakers have very little scoring. Lakers need to think long and hard if Lou and Nick will still play at a high level by the time the core arrives. Because then keeping them makes sense and their peaks can overlap. But I they're an impedance actually, that may cause the core to take longer to arrive, which then increases the chance the young core's peak overlapping with the Lou and Nick's downside.

I think at least, one needs to be traded.

Nick is doing what any SG next to Russell would need to do, which is provide 3&D on low usage - the starting unit is dependent on having a great floor-spacer out there with the terrible shooting frontcourt.

Lou, though, distorts the offense in the second unit, which is dependent on him being on to really function, but I don't know that it's much different with JC running things instead. They could stand to move Lou and add a backup PG who knows how and is willing to run the offense off the bench.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32
Jump to: