My car was stolen on Christmas day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi everybody. The police released the car to me today. I still don't know exactly why it took them 10 days. They did tell me they thought my car was involved in a crime. The crime was an assault on a police officer. That's all they would tell me. The police ended up waiving all fees and towing charges probably because they never contacted me and they admitted they didn't. There is some damage to my car but mechanically it seems okay and I was able to drive it home. The right rear corner bumper was dented pretty good and the light was busted in. The right side view mirror is gone. Both sides of the rear bumper is scuffed up. The rear window wiper blade is gone. The right blinker is malfunctioning. Somebody wrote "(bleep) You" in a dark marker on the pack of the passenger seat. The seats are scuffed up. The car has a weird smell. The car was driven 500 miles. In the trunk was my neighbors golf clubs that were stolen from his car that night. There was also a car stereo and a dominos driver sign (the one that lights up).

Last edited by 32 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Glad you got it back in one piece (relatively speaking). Awesome that the police waived all those fees. That could have amounted to at least 500+ with the tow/impound/storage.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

That's messed up but I'm glad you got it back and you can at least drive it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Terrible experience but it could have been alot worse.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Does the title status of your car changed because it was stolen?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Very glad you got her back and she's drivable. For stuff like the right side view mirror, try the junk yards like Ecology Auto Wrecking. You might be able to find parts for cheap.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Very glad you got her back and she's drivable. For stuff like the right side view mirror, try the junk yards like Ecology Auto Wrecking. You might be able to find parts for cheap.

Thanks. Good idea.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

So happy you didn't have to pay those impound fees. For me, that was like being victimized twice.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I don't know. How would I find out?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
So happy you didn't have to pay those impound fees. For me, that was like being victimized twice.

Yeah I was very lucky. I have to give the police credit for helping me with waiving the fees.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

It's bull crap to have to pay fees if someone steals your car in the first place. Glad you got it back man, sorry you had to go thru it all. SMH thieves
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I don't know. How would I find out?

Doubt it. Insurance would have had to write it off as a loss. Cops returned it to you fairly quickly.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
It's bull crap to have to pay fees if someone steals your car in the first place. Glad you got it back man, sorry you had to go thru it all. SMH thieves

There are hundred of garbage fees that are assessed these days and the sad part? Even the temporary ones are more often than not never rewound and are assessed in perpetuity.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Right blinker malfunction as in clicking really quickly? If so, is because the broken light. Fast arrow clicking is just an indicator that the turn signal light is not working.

Glad to hear you got it back and didn't get burned by the PD/Tow company on the storage fees. I got jacked that way a few years ago and cost me 80 bucks a day storage.

Also as someone said, check out pick-n-pull for the parts. You can find replacement stuff there for cheap just call ahead to make sure they have a model on the yard and don't forget your tool box!!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

This
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Right blinker malfunction as in clicking really quickly? If so, is because the broken light. Fast arrow clicking is just an indicator that the turn signal light is not working.

Glad to hear you got it back and didn't get burned by the PD/Tow company on the storage fees. I got jacked that way a few years ago and cost me 80 bucks a day storage.

Also as someone said, check out pick-n-pull for the parts. You can find replacement stuff there for cheap just call ahead to make sure they have a model on the yard and don't forget your tool box!!

Thanks LJ. Yes it is clicking really quickly. Sounds like it's just broken light.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Hi everybody. The police released the car to me today. I still don't know exactly why it took them 10 days. They did tell me they thought my car was involved in a crime. The crime was an assault on a police officer. That's all they would tell me. The police ended up waiving all fees and towing charges probably because they never contacted me and they admitted they didn't. There is some damage to my car but mechanically it seems okay and I was able to drive it home. The right rear corner bumper was dented pretty good and the light was busted in. The right side view mirror is gone. Both sides of the rear bumper is scuffed up. The rear window wiper blade is gone. The right blinker is malfunctioning. Somebody wrote "(bleep) You" in a dark marker on the pack of the passenger seat. The seats are scuffed up. The car has a weird smell. The car was driven 500 miles. In the trunk was my neighbors golf clubs that were stolen from his car that night. There was also a car stereo and a dominos driver sign (the one that lights up).

They probably had it on hold for prints.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Thanks LJ. Yes it is clicking really quickly. Sounds like it's just broken light.

If you wanna sell that Domino's delivery sign PM me. I can think of tons of fun I can have with it lol.

-Drive by pizza tossing ( the kwame brown special).
-Ding dong ditch (only, don't run until they see the sign then drive away yelling "no pizza for you!!")
-Parking in front of pizza hut and mad dogging the employees

Just to name a few.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
32 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

If you wanna sell that Domino's delivery sign PM me. I can think of tons of fun I can have with it lol.

-Drive by pizza tossing ( the kwame brown special).
-Ding dong ditch (only, don't run until they see the sign then drive away yelling "no pizza for you!!")
-Parking in front of pizza hut and mad dogging the employees

Just to name a few.

>buy several dominos pizzas
>all with dumbfounding topping combinations that make for terrible flavor profiles (example: spinach + bell peppers + olives + salami)
>put rogue sign on top of car
>park near dominos during delivery hours, but out of sight
>see delivery driver run out to car, pizzas are oscar mike, do you copy, oscar mike
>follow driver to delivery location
>walk to front door in sync with deliverybro and stand shoulder to shoulder while you wait for customer
>door opens
>act confused, repeat everything the real driver says, word for word, as quickly as you can
>once you've been verified as the (bleep) weirdo, offer to sell pizzas to customer at slightly reduced cost
>if you still have pizzas left, repeat this process until authorities are notified

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: