Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

also thought zubac shouldn't have been taken out
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I know there is enough whining on this board, but the FO should have never strapped this team with these crappy contracts this summer....I was loud about it then, and took ridicule over it, and its proven true.....cap space would be far more valuable that Mozgov and Deng
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
also thought zubac shouldn't have been taken out

I swear it feels like Luke does things sometimes to keep the fans from seeing something....like if Zubac kept producing the fans may demand he gets more time....he almost refuses to allow Clarkson court time with DLo....because if it worked, fans may want to see it more?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I know there is enough whining on this board, but the FO should have never strapped this team with these crappy contracts this summer....I was loud about it then, and took ridicule over it, and its proven true.....cap space would be far more valuable that Mozgov and Deng

Capspace = worse record = not signing any relevant free agents = continue sucking till 5-6 years goes by.

Haven't we learned this by now? Cap space means NOTHING if your team isn't winning.

Last edited by MJST on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Well, they had to pay someone and those are the only guys that came. The problem really was the length of the contract. 3 years with the 3rd being a team option for max max money would have been preferable to 4 with no options.

Yeah, we would have been laughed at, but when lou is off the books at the end of 17-18 it would have been a nice time to have mos and deng coming off too.

Zubac looked nice though, he's our future center for sure....the FO is going to have to get over themselves next year some time and start BI and Zubac and put their $34MM men on the bench.
SB27
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Thought we were going to go for the Hack a Drummond at the end there...

should have from the tip

Do u even watch the games? If u were u'd be aware why Mozgov grabs not much boards, its not his job. He creates opportunity for others.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Capspace = worse record = not signing any relevant free agents

Haven't we learned this by now? Cap space means NOTHING if your team isn't winning.

It's arguable how much Mozgov and Deng have contributed to wins. Even in Deng's recent stretch of good games, we lost a lot of them. It's very easy to argue they've contributed basically nothing and we'd be better off with cheaper options in their place and others playing more minutes instead of them.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

SB27 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Thought we were going to go for the Hack a Drummond at the end there...

should have from the tip

Do u even watch the games? If u were u'd be aware why Mozgov grabs not much boards, its not his job. He creates opportunity for others.

It's also not his job to contest shots at the rim, either right? He's supposed to create those contest opportunities for others same as the boards, I'm guessing? Because he's not doing much of either contesting shots or rebounding.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It's arguable how much Mozgov and Deng have contributed to wins. Even in Deng's recent stretch of good games, we lost a lot of them. It's very easy to argue they've contributed basically nothing and we'd be better off with cheaper options in their place and others playing more minutes instead of them.

Well have to spend to reach the salary floor. I mean we're not doing one year deals again that's a clear sign of tanking.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

People voicing their opinions on a message board of all places? How unthinkable!
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well, they had to pay someone and those are the only guys that came. The problem really was the length of the contract. 3 years with the 3rd being a team option for max max money would have been preferable to 4 with no options.

Yeah, we would have been laughed at, but when lou is off the books at the end of 17-18 it would have been a nice time to have mos and deng coming off too.

Zubac looked nice though, he's our future center for sure....the FO is going to have to get over themselves next year some time and start BI and Zubac and put their $34MM men on the bench.

Well it's not that simple we had overpay to get free agents here because we sucked so bad. If we were decent Deng and Mozgov would had taken 2 years or 2 years with a team option for a 3rd year, but with the rise in cap that changed.
SB27
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

It's also not his job to contest shots at the rim

Same question, how tf he is not contesting shots? Maybe in 2nd half he was not that good at D but in the 1st he closed AD.
Well, how he supposed to grab a board when he boxin out for teammate?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well have to spend to reach the salary floor. I mean we're not doing one year deals again that's a clear sign of tanking.

No we don't. There's no penalty for not hitting the salary floor. You just pay the players you do have on your team the difference. Spending big money on Deng and Moz for four years looked horrible at the time, and it looks worse now. Unless we get a miracle trade or they're among the very rare vets who get much, much better as they age more, those contracts are going to look worse after this season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:

No we don't. There's no penalty for not hitting the salary floor. You just pay the players you do have on your team the difference. Spending big money on Deng and Moz for four years looked horrible at the time, and it looks worse now. Unless we get a miracle trade or they're among the very rare vets who get much, much better as they age more, those contracts are going to look worse after this season.
OR one/both save us all some grief and retire in a year or two. (Wishful thinking )
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm fed up with the Mozgov-Deng contracts and it's been half a season. We don't have to hold out space for "superstars," that's definitely not what I want. But making any type of smaller signing to push this team forward is a lot harder now. Why can't this front office be smart about money? This is a lot of money spent on what has only been vet leadership and effort..
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Actually Ingram lost this game, 1-7...missed fts and bad defense. Luke subbed in dlo too late. Only playing dlo a few tminutes in the 4th and letting him lose his rhythm is on Walton.

He does this all the time. Hes all about team over stars. He wants to keep minutes equal and will give bench guys tons of minutes at the costs of starters
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

I didn't watch tonight's game but I fully expected us to win. This loss rattles me at my core. I went from believing we could make a run at the 8th seed to accepting the season is over. It hurts but at least i can save myself the torture of expecting more from this team. 😭
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: