Nintendo Switch (Super Mario Odyssey released)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Nintendo Switch (Super Mario Odyssey released)

Launching March 3rd for $300.

Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (March 3rd)

Anyone getting it? Outside of Zelda the launch tittles seem lacking. I have a Wii U so I can get Zelda on the Wii U anyways, but Zelda does look amazing.

I have my preorder in with best buy but not sure if i will cancel it or not. I will 100% get it by the time Mario Odyssey comes out. I am not really interested in the motion stuff they showed. I was hoping for a Nintendo Switch version of Mario Maker, but I guess that will come later. I was also surprised they didn't announce any Pokemon game. Not even a port of Pokemon Sun/Moon.

Last edited by eureca on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

I've been waiting for them to reveal the price point. $300 ain't too bad at all. Also nice to know Zelda will be ready in time. But I won't get this any time soon since my PS4 is still mint.

EDIT: Okay, I just watched the trailers... I don't know if I can wait... Zelda looks like a masterpiece... it's probably a 60+ hour game, so I won't have the time to play it unless I'm on a vacation (I will most likely not play it on the go). Arghh... its too beautiful!
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

Pre-ordered at Best Buy immediately following the event last night. I had $450 in gift cards (great deal offered when I bought my phone recently) that I've been holding onto for this console so the lack of launch games didn't bother me much. Zelda is all I need for now, and Mario Kart is coming soon after in April. I do wish Super Mario Odyssey was coming sooner, but I'll live. I skipped the Wii U so this is good timing for me, been craving a bit of a Nintendo fix...

Looking forward to having something that can be portable when I need it, like when my son is on the PS4 at night. Other than that, the hardware does look promising. Possibility for some industry changing stuff here like the Wii did but not holding my breath.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

I'm a very casual gamer. The only console I own is a RetroPie. I'm very intrigued by the Switch. I love the Zelda games and the new Mario game looks cool. I'll probably go for it, if it's possible to get my hands on one at launch (pre-orders seem to be closed).
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

I will probably pick this up when Mario Kart comes out. Our Wii is on its last legs and that console has been the one that we normally turn to when we play games as a family.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

Btw to correct my earlier post, Target is taking pre orders. I took the plunge.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

[quote="ocho"]The only console I own is a RetroPie. quote]

Sup with this? I just can't get into any of the newer video 3Dish video games. And, by newer I mean anything after 1995. lol

Commodore64: Summer Games and Winter Games ftw. I'm super tempted to buy one of those thousand games in one stand up Arcade systems for my shop or garage.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
ocho wrote:
The only console I own is a RetroPie.

Sup with this? I just can't get into any of the newer video 3Dish video games. And, by newer I mean anything after 1995. lol

Commodore64: Summer Games and Winter Games ftw. I'm super tempted to buy one of those thousand games in one stand up Arcade systems for my shop or garage.

The RetroPie is pretty great. I have every NES, SNES, Genesis game ever made, plus a handful of classic N64 games in a tiny little box. It has its drawbacks (saving isn't always reliable) but for a quick hit of a classic game and unlimited choice it can't be beat.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

It looks really good, and breath of the wind looks ridiculously good

My only two concerns are the 720p screen (the low resolution was noticeable in a bunch of the trailers), and the supposed lack of launch titles

Rooting for nintendo though. Not sure if I will be buying one any time soon
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
It looks really good, and breath of the wind looks ridiculously good

My only two concerns are the 720p screen (the low resolution was noticeable in a bunch of the trailers), and the supposed lack of launch titles

Rooting for nintendo though. Not sure if I will be buying one any time soon

It's 720p in mobile mode but 1080p when docked to your tv. The lack of launch titles are a bit of a drag, but within the year there should be many more that I'll be interested in playing. I'm not a rabid famer so Zelda itself should last me several months.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
It's 720p in mobile mode but 1080p when docked to your tv.

ah alright, that sounds pretty good.

Now could we please get a new metroid?
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

I would think about it if it had this:
LINK
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
ocho wrote:
It's 720p in mobile mode but 1080p when docked to your tv.

ah alright, that sounds pretty good.

Now could we please get a new metroid?

Zero chance Nintendo would do this but I always felt Metroid would be an amazing candidate to do a Mass Effect style rpg/3rd person shooter. They can expand the universe this way.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Nintendo Switch (Launching March 3, 2017)

eureca wrote:
Launching March 3rd for $300.

Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (March 3rd)

Anyone getting it? Outside of Zelda the launch tittles seem lacking. I have a Wii U so I can get Zelda on the Wii U anyways, but Zelda does look amazing.

I have my preorder in with best buy but not sure if i will cancel it or not. I will 100% get it by the time Mario Odyssey comes out. I am not really interested in the motion stuff they showed. I was hoping for a Nintendo Switch version of Mario Maker, but I guess that will come later. I was also surprised they didn't announce any Pokemon game. Not even a port of Pokemon Sun/Moon.

The arrangment of the Zelda score that starts around 2:50 is absolutely amazing.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Nintendo Switch (Launching March 3, 2017)

jonnybravo wrote:
The arrangment of the Zelda score that starts around 2:50 is absolutely amazing.

holy (bleep)
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject:

The Switch is going to give me hemorrhoids because I'm definitely going to be sitting on the toilet, playing the new Zelda. Really hope Nintendo making online a paid service means they're finally taking it seriously. The SNES games with added online multiplayer components sounds very intriguing. Bomberman online? Legend of Mana online? Yes please.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

No lie, that Zelda trailer was lit af. Whoooo wheee.

Dont know if i'll but a Switch though.

!...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Ever since the Wii I haven't regained trust in Nintendo. The Wii U was a failure and is actually a better buy if you're just looking to play Zelda. Can pick up a used Wii U for about $100 on craigslist

Some of the Switch stuff is cool. But I'll wait before buying to see if it has staying power
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I think I will keep my Switch pre-order. I am buying it eventually anyways. The only downside is you know Nintendo is going to bundle a game with it later this year which is what they should have done at launch. 1 2 Switch should come with the system to show off the motion controls like Wii Spors and Nintendoland did prior. They are actually charging $50 for it.

I kinda regret not going for the Neon version now. It looks alright on second thought.

The accessory prices is another surprise. If I want to buy the neon controller later it is going to cost $110 for L/R joycons and the grip. The pro controller is $70. And you know Nintendo games and accessories are never on sale like the PS4/Xbox stuff.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I'd wait til Christmas. Bigger library, plus they'll have the deluxe editions (bigger hd, etc.) come out bundled with good games.

Plus, I'm still having a lot of fun with my PS4. I don't feel like paying another subscription service.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Extended Super Bowl Ad:

LINK
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I will probably pick this up when Mario Kart comes out. Our Wii is on its last legs and that console has been the one that we normally turn to when we play games as a family.

how do you get your wife to play videogames?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I can't remember the last time a commercial made me want to buy something, but that Nintendo Superbowl extended was awesome! Definitely makes me want to grab one.

I wonder if they can take advantage of what Sony/Microsoft has created by fracturing this generation with their Pro/Scorpio consoles. I haven't bought a PS4 because I don't want to buy a Pro without an HDR TV for example.

Switch seems like an easy buy, it has some first party games, affordable and is simply 1080p.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
I can't remember the last time a commercial made me want to buy something, but that Nintendo Superbowl extended was awesome! Definitely makes me want to grab one.

I wonder if they can take advantage of what Sony/Microsoft has created by fracturing this generation with their Pro/Scorpio consoles. I haven't bought a PS4 because I don't want to buy a Pro without an HDR TV for example.

Switch seems like an easy buy, it has some first party games, affordable and is simply 1080p.

The pro won't look bad if you don't have an HDR TV it just won't be up to it's potential. It'll look better then the switch for sure lol.

I have to wait to see what actual games come out for this. The last two Nintendo consoles have been disastrous from a longevity standpoint
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

The pro won't look bad if you don't have an HDR TV it just won't be up to it's potential. It'll look better then the switch for sure lol.

I have to wait to see what actual games come out for this. The last two Nintendo consoles have been disastrous from a longevity standpoint

Yea I know, fracture was an oversimplification on my part. But I'd definite have just bought the PS4 already if the Pro didn't exist.

I'm most likely going to wait for a few more games to release that I want, like the new Spiderman, so the system doesn't collect dust when I'm done with Uncharted.

Ya Nintendo graphics are hmmm . I wish we'd get a state of the art graphical Zelda game, but it's unlikely we will see that from Nintendo again, since they don't follow the Sony/Microsoft model.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: