We refuse to feed tank and 2017 draft threads Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

wait, we agree, right? In general, i think we both think Ingram should continue being developed as a SF.

Yes, we agree.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Ingram will be our stretch 4.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Defense is so pathetic that we'll still end up with a top 3 pick. Tank or no tank.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm ok with looking for trade partners for Lou or Swaggy, with the caveat that we then go with something like DLO/JC/Ingram/Randle/Moz (ceremonial starter, but give Zub more minutes) for the rest of the year.

What is Swaggy indicated he will opt in....would you still look to move him?

easy, keep him, run him with the bench unit and slide Ingram with the starter unit

playing the kid out of position If watching Tobias Harris, a big SF, take him off the dribble at will last game is not enough to end the discussion of Ingram playing the #2, I guess nothing will...

Disagree. Ingram has everything you need to thrive as a 2. He actually fits better as a 2 than dangelo does imo.

Disagree. Ingram defending 2's takes away quickness advantages defensively and may be even harsher on his body.

I have the same feeling and I'm going even further because I think if he bulks up he may end up playing the PF spot for long stretches.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:

I know dlo doesn't play the 2, thank god, a lot of people have been begging for him to switch there.. Its based on watching Ingram play. I prefer him as a sf, but he can easily play sg if Luke wanted. Plus 2 & 3 are the most interchangeable positions in basketball. Not sure how someone can say he can play one and not the other.

This is simply not true, it depends on the player, opponent and scheme. There are many combo players that can switch between 1 & 2, 4 & 5, 3 & 4, and yes the 2 & 3. At the same time, there are many 2's that are unable to perform @ the 3 and vice versa. Clarkson could not play the 3 any amount of significant minutes and defend NBA SF's. Ingram is more naturally fit to play the 3, and once he grows into his frame, probably the 4. If he can become strong enough, there are reasons he could develop into an elite 4 by the time he nears his prime.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I think if we fall behind the 8th spot any more than we are right now over the next 10 or so games, I would be a strong proponent of reducing the minutes of Moz, Deng, Swagy, and Lou and playing the young guys as much as possible, preferably starting Zubac/Randle/Ingram/Clarkson/Russell.

Is that the same as tanking? It's sort of giving up on the playoffs, that's for sure, but I don't think it's tanking in the conventional manner. The sole purpose would be to see the kids develop (hopefully), and I'd still want them to try to win games. Actually, that would awesome if we could win games with them playing big minutes.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

I know dlo doesn't play the 2, thank god, a lot of people have been begging for him to switch there.. Its based on watching Ingram play. I prefer him as a sf, but he can easily play sg if Luke wanted. Plus 2 & 3 are the most interchangeable positions in basketball. Not sure how someone can say he can play one and not the other.

This is simply not true, it depends on the player, opponent and scheme. There are many combo players that can switch between 1 & 2, 4 & 5, 3 & 4, and yes the 2 & 3. At the same time, there are many 2's that are unable to perform @ the 3 and vice versa. Clarkson could not play the 3 any amount of significant minutes and defend NBA SF's. Ingram is more naturally fit to play the 3, and once he grows into his frame, probably the 4. If he can become strong enough, there are reasons he could develop into an elite 4 by the time he nears his prime.

Clarkson isn't a real 2 imo.

Ingram should never be a pf more than in spurts. He's got far more potential as a 2 than a 4. His natural position is the 3, but could easily play the 2. He would force teams to matchup with him vs the other way around. I hate the idea of playing him at the 4 because it negates most of his advantages he has vs other players at he 2 and 3. He's a wing through and through. Not a big. And in my opinion, true 2s and 3s are the most interchangeable position in basketball.

Which group of players would Ingram have better time defending?
Group A: Milsap, Blake griffin, Anthony Davis, lamarcus aldridge, draymond, porzingis.

Group B: klay Thompson, jimmy butler, demar derozan, jj redick, kris Middleton, jr smith.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Tank continues!
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

Vesper wrote:
Tank continues!

Stop this, we are not tanking or Luke would have come with Russell back in the 4th. We are just a bad team, but unless last season most of our games aren't blow outs. I told it before this season that just losing by a small margin without a great record would be an improvement.

I believe we are going to see a couple of parts been moved before the deadline.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Vesper wrote:
Tank continues!

Stop this, we are not tanking or Luke would have come with Russell back in the 4th. We are just a bad team, but unless last season most of our games aren't blow outs. I told it before this season that just losing by a small margin without a great record would be an improvement.

I believe we are going to see a couple of parts been moved before the deadline.

Role players or core? I'm skeptical Mitch makes a move, but who knows.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

Clarkson isn't a real 2 imo.

Ingram should never be a pf more than in spurts. He's got far more potential as a 2 than a 4. His natural position is the 3, but could easily play the 2. He would force teams to matchup with him vs the other way around. I hate the idea of playing him at the 4 because it negates most of his advantages he has vs other players at he 2 and 3. He's a wing through and through. Not a big. And in my opinion, true 2s and 3s are the most interchangeable position in basketball.

Which group of players would Ingram have better time defending?
Group A: Milsap, Blake griffin, Anthony Davis, lamarcus aldridge, draymond, porzingis.

Group B: klay Thompson, jimmy butler, demar derozan, jj redick, kris Middleton, jr smith.

I would never have him at the 2. Most minutes at the 3 with short spurs at the 4.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm ok with looking for trade partners for Lou or Swaggy, with the caveat that we then go with something like DLO/JC/Ingram/Randle/Moz (ceremonial starter, but give Zub more minutes) for the rest of the year.

easy, keep him, run him with the bench unit and slide Ingram with the starter unit

playing the kid out of position If watching Tobias Harris, a big SF, take him off the dribble at will last game is not enough to end the discussion of Ingram playing the #2, I guess nothing will...

Disagree. Ingram has everything you need to thrive as a 2. He actually fits better as a 2 than dangelo does imo.

Disagree. Ingram defending 2's takes away quickness advantages defensively and may be even harsher on his body.

I have the same feeling and I'm going even further because I think if he bulks up he may end up playing the PF spot for long stretches.

Yinoma, spot on about who our starters should be/who should get the minutes. I would just add Larry to the mix when he gets back.

BI will be able to play four positions on both sides of the court before its all said and done. Why pigeon hole into a certain position. We should exploit his versatility, especially when he matures as a player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yinoma, spot on about who our starters should be/who should get the minutes. I would just add Larry to the mix when he gets back.

BI will be able to play four positions on both sides of the court before its all said and done. Why pigeon hole into a certain position. We should exploit his versatility, especially when he matures as a player.

Yeah. Deng came here probably understanding he would be a bench player eventually once Ingram stepped up. Moz, I'd give him the ceremonial Bogut start (i.e. 18 mpg) and let Zub/Nance absorb the rest.

Honestly, as much as I love Tarik, I'd see what he and Lou can fetch as both would tremendously help a team in the playoffs or in the playoffs race.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: