why is Luke treating Russell the same way as Byron?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
one thing D'Lo does that goes unnoticed by many he tries to run the offense he is always telling Julius and especially Nick where to be, who appears never to know what the offense is and is just running around.

With Lou and Clarkson they just freestyle out there I never see them trying to run an offense or tell anyone where to be unless they are telling them to clear out

man, are you sure about this observation? I see Lou always telling the 2nd unit where to go EVEN WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BALL.

I see him telling Tarik or Nance where to position to get a pass from him when he drives.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

He is not producing
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Please consider his age. James Harden didn't break out until he was 22. I know we want to see LeBron James leaps even though a majority won't admit it...he's really, really young! I'm frustrated with him but I understand the patience factor. I'm just happy that Walton is here because last year, I didn't trust Byron Scott. Walton I trust.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
This is no coincidence, and people felt Bryon was mismanaging russ. DLO's biggest games were under byron and we seen more fire in him with Byron as well.. I still think they need to play him in his natural position - off ball/shooting guard, Ray Allen like. I think a lot of his struggles comes from him being played out of position.

I used to talk about lot about that before watching Dlo trying to guard some legit SG with good size, but he is just helpless against those players. He is still not faster, can't hold the ground and he misses the size advantage he has against most PG. If he is a subpar defender he would become a huge liability. Just forget about that.

He could guard points, but he's gonna have trouble guarding any position. It'll have to be a team effort.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
nash wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
This is no coincidence, and people felt Bryon was mismanaging russ. DLO's biggest games were under byron and we seen more fire in him with Byron as well.. I still think they need to play him in his natural position - off ball/shooting guard, Ray Allen like. I think a lot of his struggles comes from him being played out of position.

I used to talk about lot about that before watching Dlo trying to guard some legit SG with good size, but he is just helpless against those players. He is still not faster, can't hold the ground and he misses the size advantage he has against most PG. If he is a subpar defender he would become a huge liability. Just forget about that.

This is why the lakers need to do what philly did. Allen iverson was the sg but guarded pg's and Eric snow was the pg who guarded sg's.....so a Free agent in George hill can play that snow type role.

You just do that with HOF talent. Lou is our best player and is still a 6th man.At 6'6 Lou could be an all star.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:

Maybe its not problem with Byron and Luke. Problem is obviously with DLO
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
he thinks he is the engine, he is being groomed to be the engine, but he has no oil. He needs an oil change.

This! Wait... what?
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Since when did lakers fans like non-cocky players?

Hell, I remember all the grief guys like Pau, Odom, Bynum got b/c they weren't cocky.

Good point. It's the play more than personality. Ty Cobb is considered one of the greatest baseball players ever and he had a reputation of being a big time jerk. If Dlo were playing well fans would be split on his personality but would unite in praising his bball skills.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton On Sitting D'Angelo Russell In The 4th Quarter

clic
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Luke Walton On Sitting D'Angelo Russell In The 4th Quarter

clic

Lol...the comments on that vid sounds like LG!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
nash wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

This is why the lakers need to do what philly did. Allen iverson was the sg but guarded pg's and Eric snow was the pg who guarded sg's.....so a Free agent in George hill can play that snow type role.

You just do that with HOF talent. Lou is our best player and is still a 6th man.At 6'6 Lou could be an all star.

You do understand that DLO is 20, and his frame will easily pack on much more weight. It's a strength issue and he's even bullying smaller PGs right now. At age 23-24, I could see him at 205, 210 (he's listed at 6'5, 195 right now). By then he could easily guard (physicality wise) most SGs.

I mean look at guys like Booker or Murray, they are also physically outmatched by other SGs. They're also both young and will add bulk to their physique.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

One thing I don't get is how do we go entire games without getting him in the post once ? Kind of puzzling.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
One thing I don't get is how do we go entire games without getting him in the post once ? Kind of puzzling.

Can he just call his own number or is he trying to run the offense? Seems to me the first 5 minutes he's usually trying to get Young (fave target), Moz and Deng active.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Can he just call his own number or is he trying to run the offense? Seems to me the first 5 minutes he's usually trying to get Young (fave target), Moz and Deng active.

I don't think it would hurt if he did call his own number once in a while. We could have some weakside actions too to get shooters open while he's posting up. Seems like it should be a part of what we run every night.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:

I don't think it would hurt if he did call his own number once in a while. We could have some weakside actions too to get shooters open while he's posting up.

Well, I'm sure folks would complain that he was calling his own number too often and not passing.

It's kind of impossible to make everyone happy re: DLO. I swear that in one of his best scoring games this year in a win, the detractors complained he didn't pass enough (IIRC he had like 4-5 assist that game too).
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Honestly I don't care what folks complain about

Just seems like a good thing to have a big willing passer and skilled guard in the post at least a couple of times a game. Especially when his three isn't falling.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:

Just seems like a good thing to have a big willing passer and skilled guard in the post at least a couple of times a game. Especially when his three isn't falling.

DLo is actually starting to fill out, mostly upper body wise. Maybe posting up saps his leg strength (still could use some more leg strength). I don't think he's used to imposing his physicality on players yet since he was such a skinny kid in high school/college.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

Walton is still tryin to win games.

Lakers will go player development mode in a few weeks from now and dlo will be allowed to stay on the court for 30+ a night.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Same as Zu, we fans need to let the coach, coach. He's closer to the players than we will ever be. This is not BS, Luke is trying to teach; we need to step back and let him do so.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:

Been saying this for weeks. He seems to have his way everytime he gets the ball in the post. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with this, especially when he can't throw a pebble in the ocean. Magic made it a big part of his hall of fame career.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
It's time to punt the season. Set up for field position (next season). Give the young guys as many reps as possible. Because they have the most room for growth and the higher ceilings.
Give DLO, JC, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Zubac, Black as many MPG as possible.
Whether they struggle or not. The present is a lost (losing) cause. Lets set ourselves up for the future of Lakers basketball.
I know it's embarrassing to cut Deng and Mozgov minutes since we paid them so much. But who cares. Cap keeps going up. Their deals won't seem bad in a couple years.
We need to find out what works and what doesn't, if we want playoff success ever again.

Good in theory but we can't give them burn if they're half-assing. That's how the losing culture continues to fester.

We've lost 21 out of our last 26. We have a losing culture anyways.

And that is JB's point We need to reverse that, not let it continue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: