Official Los Angeles Rams Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Sean McVay, Washington Redskins OC is the Rams new head coach.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Hopefully, he can do for Goff what he did for Kirk Cousins. At least we can expect to see some more aggressive offense and passing. Now Snead needs to get him some better receivers and some guys on the line who can freakin' block.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Hopefully, he can do for Goff what he did for Kirk Cousins. At least we can expect to see some more aggressive offense and passing. Now Snead needs to get him some better receivers and some guys on the line who can freakin' block.

You can bring Belicheat and his bag of (bleep) to the Rams and they still won't win until they fix this. Gurley gets some blame for not trying to make something out of nothing but the OL is continually providing the nothing. Kenny Britt is really the only dependable receiver the Rams had.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ldkr6172
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I like it! Going the Luke Walton, Dave Roberts route.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ldkr6172 wrote:
I like it! Going the Luke Walton, Dave Roberts route.

No more overpaying for the biggest names available.

I like the new trend for LA sports too.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Wade Phillips has agreed to terms to become Rams defensive coordinator, per source.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Wade Phillips has agreed to terms to become Rams defensive coordinator, per source.

Great pickup.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

It is and the Rams have defensive talent but he is up there in age he's probably well into his 70s not sure how long he can go.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Excited, but apprehensive about this new coach. I read a really nice article about the guy a few weeks back. I'll try to post it if I can find it. Lots of people call the guy a genius and somewhat of a prodigy. Whether or not he can lead a bunch of pro football players in LA is a whole other story.

If the Wade Phillips rumor is true. WOW. I also have heard they might get Lynn (BUF) for OC.

If McVay can put together a solid and experienced group of Coordinators and assistants I'll feel a little more confident about HIS inexperience.

I think there is a presser scheduled for noon tomorrow.
Let the off season begin!

** Broncos fans upset at the Denver FO for not re-signing Wade.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Excited, but apprehensive about this new coach. I read a really nice article about the guy a few weeks back. I'll try to post it if I can find it. Lots of people call the guy a genius and somewhat of a prodigy. Whether or not he can lead a bunch of pro football players in LA is a whole other story.

If the Wade Phillips rumor is true. WOW. I also have heard they might get Lynn (BUF) for OC.

If McVay can put together a solid and experienced group of Coordinators and assistants I'll feel a little more confident about HIS inexperience.

He got hired by the Chargers as their new head coach.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

He got hired by the Chargers as their new head coach.

D'oh! Just saw it. Thanks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

Hiring Phillips as DC is a really fantastic move. I think he's 69 or 70, and as just a DC, and not having to be a head coach, I don't see why he can't continue to do solid work for a few more years. His experience is a good counter-balance to McVay's youth.

I also like the McVay hire. This team is married to Goff for the next couple of years, at least. If the team is going to be successful in that time, Goff has to play well. Maybe he can't, but hiring a guy that is considered to be a highly innovative offensive mind was the right way to go IMO. Maybe it will be a home run. And if Goff--and McVay--prove to be in over their heads, they can fire McVay by the end of the 2018 season, just in time to have a head coaching opening as their new stadium is supposed to open for the 2019 season. They went for upside here and I like it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Hiring Phillips as DC is a really fantastic move. I think he's 69 or 70, and as just a DC, and not having to be a head coach, I don't see why he can't continue to do solid work for a few more years. His experience is a good counter-balance to McVay's youth.

Wade was the DC here under Kubiak for a few years. He's a solid guy. He runs a solid defense. However, he isn't the kind of guy who is going to make a great defense out of nothing. He isn't some great innovator or motivator. As long as you don't expect him to make something out of nothing, you'll be happy with him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Damn Rams interrupting the Young & Restless to introduce their new HC.

I'm still a Los Angeles resident so good luck John McVay

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I like his energy already. I'm sure that will translate well in the locker room. A disciple of Jon Gruden.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I like his energy already. I'm sure that will translate well in the locker room. A disciple of Jon Gruden.

Have to agree with you LK. He was impressive.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Dude with a great football mind and from a solid coaching tree. Replacing an old and outdated coach.... so many damn similarities to Byron.

I'm excited for the new season. But as a lifelong Rams fan, I've been here before... so I will have my guard up.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Dude with a great football mind and from a solid coaching tree. Replacing an old and outdated coach.... so many damn similarities to Byron.

I'm excited for the new season. But as a lifelong Rams fan, I've been here before... so I will have my guard up.

I don't think they will go to the playoffs for another year or two...but revamping the product and making it exciting to watch will go a long way to capture the fans in the LA market. You have to make it compelling to watch, and last year the product was atrocious.
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Mcvay Talks To Quinn And Ogletree

http://www.lasportsfans.com/forums/threads/mcvay-talks-to-quinn-and-ogletree.2806/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Rams hire QB coach

Quote:
Former Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson will become the quarterback coach for the Los Angeles Rams next season.

This is huge news for the franchise considering Olson is one of the most experienced offensive coordinators in the NFL — and has accepted a smaller role with the team.

LINK

Boras won't be back. He's going to Buffalo as their TE coach.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:
Former Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson will become the quarterback coach for the Los Angeles Rams next season.

This is huge news for the franchise considering Olson is one of the most experienced offensive coordinators in the NFL — and has accepted a smaller role with the team.

LINK

saweeeeet!!!!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

List of QB's under 25 Olson has worked with: Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Josh Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, Terrelle Pryor, Matt McGloin, David Carr, Blake Bortles. That's not very appetizing. Outside of Carr, who blossomed after Olson left, it's a who's who of QB failures. Can't be any worse than Boras but this isn't much of an upgrade. His resume boils down to Turnover machine, deer in headlights, dumb as bricks, slow mo, now a WR, sub-par, star only after departure, and mechanics worse than high schooler.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

List of QB's under 25 Olson has worked with: Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Josh Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, Terrelle Pryor, Matt McGloin, David Carr, Blake Bortles. That's not very appetizing. Outside of Carr, who blossomed after Olson left, it's a who's who of QB failures. Can't be any worse than Boras but this isn't much of an upgrade. His resume boils down to Turnover machine, deer in headlights, dumb as bricks, slow mo, now a WR, sub-par, star only after departure, and mechanics worse than high schooler.

I assume you mean Derek Carr

What does him being a OC for those other teams have to do with him being a qb coach for the Rams?

If you dont think he is an upgrade over Weinke I do not know what to tell you.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

What does him being a OC for those other teams have to do with him being a qb coach for the Rams?

Autocorrect but yes.

It has everything to do with it if you know anything about football. The OC will always be directly responsible for a young QB's development working in conjunction with the QB coach. Regardless, he was officially OC/QB coach at almost all of his stops. So yeah, he was brought in to mentor those young QB's I mention. All but one were failures (save for Carr which coincided with the one time Olson wasn't the QB coach).

He's a minor upgrade and not much of one. It's like going from Mike Brown to Mike D'Antoni.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

Autocorrect but yes.

It has everything to do with it if you know anything about football. The OC will always be directly responsible for a young QB's development working in conjunction with the QB coach. Regardless, he was officially OC/QB coach at almost all of his stops. So yeah, he was brought in to mentor those young QB's I mention. All but one were failures (save for Carr which coincided with the one time Olson wasn't the QB coach).

He's a minor upgrade and not much of one. It's like going from Mike Brown to Mike D'Antoni.

you seem to like to use a narrow window for your qbs so I think its fair to show the other side

2001: Garcia
2003: Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler
2004: Garcia again
2006-7: Bulger
2008: Garcia again
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 41 of 72
Jump to: