The Knicks willl be absolute monster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Sixers are on the rise.

This is a relative term, of course.

I say that because of their nucleus, average age and salaries. It's not there yet but showing a lot of promise. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Courtney Lee posting Dumb & Dumber pics after getting benched today.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/1/16/14288602/knicks-vs-hawks-courtney-lee-benched-instagram-post
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Knicks are dysfunctional. Phil's a great coach, lousy GM.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Phil should've never gave Melo that contract and let him sign with Chicago. But he needed that star power at the time. I'm sure if he could he would've shipped Melo out a long time ago.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Melo's got 2-3 more seasons where he is the primary option on the Knicks....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

Porky's Achilles situation should be a bit alarming. Not good for a guy that big and young to be having Achilles issues already.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Porky's Achilles situation should be a bit alarming. Not good for a guy that big and young to be having Achilles issues already.

It would really suck for it to be an issue through his career, but the track record of guys that big ain't great.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

It would be fitting the one good thing that the Knicks have going for them winds up being like Bynum or something. I could see that happen to Porzingis. It would suck because the kids lives for the game and is a very rare talent. It's clear the Knicks should be doing everything they can to protect him injury wise. So far the one thing I commend Phil on is his job on Porzingis. They are using him well. They have surrounded him veterans who are not jealous of his success and look to get him going. As dysfunctional and big of a mess they are with DRose and Carmelo, surprisingly they have done well with Porzingis in the lineup with those two. Porzingis is not the type of player at this point to be able to carry a team and take all the heat for the lack of wins. Carmelo or Rose take that for now.

Man if you're a Knick fan must suck. Carmelo has the team by the balls with the no trade clause. DRose hates his coach and vice-versa. Noah's contract. Phil's constant presence. Only thing that salvages it for them is Porzingis and his potential, and if he got a career altering injury good lord for their fans. If I were them, I'd be doing everything in my power to find a taker for Melo and aim for a top draft pick in the 2017 draft. Pairing that pick with Porzingis would give them a future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Knicks just aren't a very cohesive unit. Great individual players, terrible team play. Its easy to blame Melo as he deserves a huge part of this team's failures, but the other parts aren't working either.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Well we conquered the monster. Phil's gamble on pushing Melo to accept a trade seems to have backfired on him.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Chances Melo stays a Knick after the trade deadline? I mean you gotta be pretty bad to get blown out by our squad at home.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Knicks just aren't a very cohesive unit. Great individual players, terrible team play. Its easy to blame Melo as he deserves a huge part of this team's failures, but the other parts aren't working either.

They looked absolutely awful tonight. I was thinking Laker blowout from the opening minutes.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chances Melo stays a Knick after the trade deadline? I mean you gotta be pretty bad to get blown out by our squad at home.

It's not as easy as just dumping the guy to whoever will take him. He has to agree to it. Several different requirements need to be satisfied.

1. The team receiving him has to be a contender or Melo will not waive his no-trade.

2. The team receiving him has to be able to send back 27M. What contending team has the assets to do that and is willing? Cleveland with Love? Isola is the guy who keeps harping on this and he bats around .000000001.

3. The trade parts coming back has to satisfy the Knicks.

27M. Aging "star". Albatross contract. No-trade clause. Good luck Knicks. Maybe the Clippers and some of their highly paid role players?
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

The best scenario would be a trade with Jazz for Favors. Favors would fit really well next to Porz and Melo at PF would be real good with Hill-Hood-Hayward-Gobert lineup. Utah needs someone like Melo tbh. The biggest problem is no trade clause because there is no chance Melo and her wife moving to Utah.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It's not as easy as just dumping the guy to whoever will take him. He has to agree to it. Several different requirements need to be satisfied.

1. The team receiving him has to be a contender or Melo will not waive his no-trade.

2. The team receiving him has to be able to send back 27M. What contending team has the assets to do that and is willing? Cleveland with Love? Isola is the guy who keeps harping on this and he bats around .000000001.

3. The trade parts coming back has to satisfy the Knicks.

27M. Aging "star". Albatross contract. No-trade clause. Good luck Knicks. Maybe the Clippers and some of their highly paid role players?

I still go back to the Clippers. At this point, I just think that the Knicks (Phil) have come to the conclusion that they need to move on, and I also think that Melo actually WANTS to move on. His wife may love it there, but I also think LA would represent the closest thing for them and her acting career, and she could still stay back there for part of the season if necessary. The Clippers are one of the 5 best teams in the league when healthy, and I think he would view that situation as a lot better than the cesspool that the Knicks are right now. So yes, I think the Knicks would do it without any of CP3/Griffin/Jordan coming back, and even no Redick coming back, especially if they got not just moved on from Melo but got probably the Clippers' best prospect, Brice Johnson, in the deal. Rivers and Crawford pretty much get it done, but then the Clips' bench would be decimated. Actually, Rivers plus Wes Johnson, Brice Johnson, Brandon Bass, Alan Anderson, and...Paul Pierce would come to within 500K of Melo's salary, so it works from that perspective. As to the question of "would Doc do this to Pierce?", I think Pierce would still land on his feet. The Knicks would almost certainly just buy him out, and I'm guessing that he would still end up signing with a playoff contender to finish out of his career. Perhaps even the Celtics or Cavs. And if for some reason Pierce is untradeable, you could replace Rivers with Jamal Crawford, and all of those other players' salaries (minus Pierce) are still within enough of Melo's that the trade would work.

I just think we've come to a point where the Knicks would accept a trade that amounts to getting no great players in return, as long as one prospect were included and they get to tank/rebuild. I think the Clippers thing makes sense. And if you're the Clippers, with everyone healthy, you'd have one hell of a starting 5. I know Melo gets criticized for playing too much ISO ball (so did Kobe, not that I'm suggesting Melo is as good as Kobe was), but with great teammates like on Team USA, he's played well.

I still think the chances of this happening are 50/50.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

I think Phil attempt to trade Melo, and it'll go through. Phil sees how much New York loves Porzingis -- tanking and getting another top 5 pick who'm the fans will love - probably the best way Phil can ingratiate himself to the fans, probably the only way now.
I see the Clips and the Wizards as the best destinations.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I think Phil attempt to trade Melo, and it'll go through. Phil sees how much New York loves Porzingis -- tanking and getting another top 5 pick who'm the fans will love - probably the best way Phil can ingratiate himself to the fans, probably the only way now.

I think Porter has played so well for them, and that they likely re-up him, rather than trading for Melo. Porter is also leading the league in 3-point FG %, so it would probably even be a downgrade this season, and, as we know, Melo is probably only going to get worse from here. I suppose Porter is no sure thing, but I don't love the fit there.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think Porter has played so well for them, and that they likely re-up him, rather than trading for Melo. Porter is also leading the league in 3-point FG %, so it would probably even be a downgrade this season, and, as we know, Melo is probably only going to get worse from here. I suppose Porter is no sure thing, but I don't love the fit there.

That is a good point. But I think there'd be a hype train and excitement that'd occur in DC if Melo joined - it'd be hard to pass up, despite not knowing if he actually makes the team better.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

That is a good point. But I think there'd be a hype train and excitement that'd occur in DC if Melo joined - it'd be hard to pass up, despite not knowing if he actually makes the team better.

I suppose that they could do it, but I think it would be disastrous for them. Porter is leading the league in not just 3-point FG %, but in offensive rating, too. Solid defender, too. I would want to keep he, Wall, and Beal together. Now, could they play Melo at the 4 instead of Morris? Basically just turn him into a stretch 4? Maybe they could get away with it, I don't know. The Knicks would have to be willing to take Mahinmi, though, or else I don't see how the trade could work. Perhaps something like Mahinmi, Burke, Satoransky, and Oubre. For the Knicks to entertain this, and to take on Mahinmi's bad contract that still has 3 more years on it after this one, I'm thinking that they would at least have to get Oubre, and those salaries work. If the Wizards did this, they should also go all-in and trade their first round pick to us for Lou, even though I'm hoping to get more than just their first rounder for Lou, but I'm just thinking of this from their perspective.

If they had a starting 5 of Wall, Beal, Porter, Melo, and Gortat, that's pretty damn good. They would also have Lou and Markieff Morris as their main bench guys, though it would be pretty thin after that. (I suppose Jason Smith would be the backup center, and then guys like Andrew Nicholson and Marcus Thornton might have to play a bit more than they are right now.) Or, who knows, maybe one of Porter or Melo would come off the bench and they would just close games out with what I surmised would be the starting lineup. Another possible trade scenario is if the Wizards just traded Mahinmi and Morris. They would lose a pretty solid contributor in Morris, but then they would get to keep Oubre and Burke and Satoransky, too. If they swung a trade for Lou, they would be deeper, though without Morris.

I find this kind of stuff fun, just trying to project stuff. Still make the Clippers the favorites. Just think the fit is better, both for what Melo would think and from a pieces fitting standpoint. (I think NY would rather have Rivers going forward than Mahinmi for sure, and if Oubre is a better prospect than Brice Johnson, it's not by leaps and bounds.) Obviously though, if Melo were to tell the Knicks that he preferred the Wizards, they wouldn't have a choice.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I suppose that they could do it, but I think it would be disastrous for them. Porter is leading the league in not just 3-point FG %, but in offensive rating, too. Solid defender, too. I would want to keep he, Wall, and Beal together. Now, could they play Melo at the 4 instead of Morris? Basically just turn him into a stretch 4? Maybe they could get away with it, I don't know. The Knicks would have to be willing to take Mahinmi, though, or else I don't see how the trade could work. Perhaps something like Mahinmi, Burke, Satoransky, and Oubre. For the Knicks to entertain this, and to take on Mahinmi's bad contract that still has 3 more years on it after this one, I'm thinking that they would at least have to get Oubre, and those salaries work. If the Wizards did this, they should also go all-in and trade their first round pick to us for Lou, even though I'm hoping to get more than just their first rounder for Lou, but I'm just thinking of this from their perspective.

If they had a starting 5 of Wall, Beal, Porter, Melo, and Gortat, that's pretty damn good. They would also have Lou and Markieff Morris as their main bench guys, though it would be pretty thin after that. (I suppose Jason Smith would be the backup center, and then guys like Andrew Nicholson and Marcus Thornton might have to play a bit more than they are right now.) Or, who knows, maybe one of Porter or Melo would come off the bench and they would just close games out with what I surmised would be the starting lineup. Another possible trade scenario is if the Wizards just traded Mahinmi and Morris. They would lose a pretty solid contributor in Morris, but then they would get to keep Oubre and Burke and Satoransky, too. If they swung a trade for Lou, they would be deeper, though without Morris.

I find this kind of stuff fun, just trying to project stuff. Still make the Clippers the favorites. Just think the fit is better, both for what Melo would think and from a pieces fitting standpoint. (I think NY would rather have Rivers going forward than Mahinmi for sure, and if Oubre is a better prospect than Brice Johnson, it's not by leaps and bounds.) Obviously though, if Melo were to tell the Knicks that he preferred the Wizards, they wouldn't have a choice.

Otto Porter has basically turned himself into a Kris Middleton caliber player. The ball dominance + age + contract of Melo would be a disastrous move on their part. I never put it past an NBA front office to make an achingly horrific move. To be fair though, front offices across the board have gotten light years better even as recently as the last five or so seasons (with a few obvious exceptions).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

^^
If you're the Clippers, though, and you have an opportunity to get Melo and can keep one of Rivers/Crawford AND get to keep all 4 of CP3/Griffin/Jordan/Redick, don't you go ahead and just bite the bullet? There's virtually no other way that team can add major free agent talent going forward, assuming re-upping CP3 and Griffin (and Redick). Maybe they would think that they could add some ring-chasing vets that would take less than their market value moving forward, too. With Team USA-caliber players around him, perhaps Melo would be satisfied with not having to be the guy and would play more of team ball style.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It would be fitting the one good thing that the Knicks have going for them winds up being like Bynum or something. I could see that happen to Porzingis. It would suck because the kids lives for the game and is a very rare talent. It's clear the Knicks should be doing everything they can to protect him injury wise. So far the one thing I commend Phil on is his job on Porzingis. They are using him well. They have surrounded him veterans who are not jealous of his success and look to get him going. As dysfunctional and big of a mess they are with DRose and Carmelo, surprisingly they have done well with Porzingis in the lineup with those two. Porzingis is not the type of player at this point to be able to carry a team and take all the heat for the lack of wins. Carmelo or Rose take that for now.

Man if you're a Knick fan must suck. Carmelo has the team by the balls with the no trade clause. DRose hates his coach and vice-versa. Noah's contract. Phil's constant presence. Only thing that salvages it for them is Porzingis and his potential, and if he got a career altering injury good lord for their fans. If I were them, I'd be doing everything in my power to find a taker for Melo and aim for a top draft pick in the 2017 draft. Pairing that pick with Porzingis would give them a future.

Porky is such a good kid. I felt so bad for him on draft night when the entire city booed him. I was happy that he played well last season and is now universally beloved out here.

But my Knicks friends are concerned. They are worried about the direction of this team and about giving up Melo for what may amount to peanuts (given the heavy cost it took to acquire him).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Anyone think that Blake leaves the Clips if Melo comes? How do you distribute touches/shots b/w CP3, Blake, Melo?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How do you distribute touches/shots b/w CP3, Blake, Melo?

The triangle.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

Naw son.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12
Jump to: