Logan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Logan

Final trailer released this morning:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/x-23-is-unleashed-in-these-heart-stopping-final-pair-of-a148292

I've got to say this looks pretty dang good. As a fan of CBM's I'll admit the Wolverine movies have been my least favorite. This one might change that.

X-23 looks vicious!!!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

the movie looks pretty interesting, and I will probably go see it. never heard of X-23, but her character is a badass.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
the movie looks pretty interesting, and I will probably go see it. never heard of X-23, but her character is a badass.

In the comics she is Wolverine's clone.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Same!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

This is Jackman's last film as Wolverine. It will be interesting to see how the franchise fares going forward without Jackman, Stewart, McKellan, or Lawrence. None of the X-Men featured in Apocalypse really stood out to me.

I don't follow the comics but is Wolverine still a central character or has a new crop of X-Men become the focus?
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
This is Jackman's last film as Wolverine. It will be interesting to see how the franchise fares going forward without Jackman, Stewart, McKellan, or Lawrence. None of the X-Men featured in Apocalypse really stood out to me.

I don't follow the comics but is Wolverine still a central character or has a new crop of X-Men become the focus?

I haven't read X-Men comics in a while but I believe they killed off Wolverine and X-23 has taken his place. Marvel has deliberately shifted the focus from Mutants to Inhumans in the comics as a way to stick it to Fox.

As for this being Jackman's final appearance as wolverine, good. Fox has completely ruined the X-Men cinematic universe and the "soft reboots" have just muddied the water even further.

I believe moving forward Fox is going to focus on different X-Man storylines like the New Mutants, X-Force movies in the works and Deadpool 2.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I haven't read X-Men comics in a while but I believe they killed off Wolverine and X-23 has taken his place. Marvel has deliberately shifted the focus from Mutants to Inhumans in the comics as a way to stick it to Fox.

As for this being Jackman's final appearance as wolverine, good. Fox has completely ruined the X-Men cinematic universe and the "soft reboots" have just muddied the water even further.

I believe moving forward Fox is going to focus on different X-Man storylines like the New Mutants, X-Force movies in the works and Deadpool 2.

What's interesting to me is that I think Fox has been pretty great in casting for X-Men. But the movies themselves have been just okay.

Hugh Jackman has been excellent.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

What's interesting to me is that I think Fox has been pretty great in casting for X-Men. But the movies themselves have been just okay.

Agree 100%.

I think my biggest gripe is the hodgepodge continuity between the films.

IHMO they should have left First Class as a hard reboot and used the original team instead of Banshee and Havok.../end rant.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Agree 100%.

IHMO they should have left First Class as a hard reboot and used the original team instead of Banshee and Havok.../end rant.

not to mention leaving key Xmen out of the movies for so long Gambit, Cable, etc.

Would have great to see Jackman wolverine alongside RDJ Stark, but alas Fox will never work a deal like Sony did
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Agree 100%.

not to mention leaving key Xmen out of the movies for so long Gambit, Cable, etc.

Would have great to see Jackman wolverine alongside RDJ Stark, but alas Fox will never work a deal like Sony did

Deadpool 2 has Cable and Domino in it and unless you really want to see Channing Tatum in purple tights, let's pray a Gambit movie never gets made
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Agree 100%.

Deadpool 2 has Cable and Domino in it and unless you really want to see Channing Tatum in purple tights, let's pray a Gambit movie never gets made

I'm so happy that never got made!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Agree 100%.

I'm so happy that never got made!

I'm about as excited to see that as I am the Aunt May spin off Sony was planning lol.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Josh you playing me fam.

Ain't NO WAY anybody could consider and Aunt May spin off!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

In the comics she is Wolverine's clone.

never followed the comics either. From the trailer I thought she might have been his daughter.

It looks good. Definitely watching this
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Its rated R , looks gritty af, and has the makings to be pretty Damn good. I like the father-figure/protector angle they are apparently going with here. The movie looks like it will be pretty brutal ( as it should) AND have some legit emotional weight to it. **fingers crossed
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, the only time we get to see wolverine in his uniform on screen is as he's flipping through a comic book in his final movie.... SMH.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Getting strong Last of Us vibes from this movie
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Getting strong Last of Us vibes from this movie

There are so many instagram memes on this in a good way
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

Really looking forward to this.
Despite his huge success and popularity as Wolverine, I still feel like Hugh Jackman is underappreciated in that role.
He's played that character since 2000. That's 17 years.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

Watched it earlier. Easily my favorite Marvel movie.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Good movie. Really went for it and made an effort to avoid tired clichés. Some elements paid off, others fell flat. But overall a good sendoff for Jackman. Easily one of the most recognizable characters (after Bale and Downey Jr) in the cinematic superhero realm.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Hiya! Intense performance from Hugh! Soooo SERIOUS!! Oh, Don't mind me. Sneaking in just before the end credits to drop this on y'all... Welcome!

-💀💩L
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Movie was great. The three main characters - Wolverine, Prof X, and X-23 - shined in their roles. Fitting movie to close out Jackman's reign as Wolverine. I really hope they can spin off an X-23 franchise. The little girl absolutely killed it in her role.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: