Chris Paul out for 6-8 weeks with thumb ligament tear

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Chris Paul out for 6-8 weeks with thumb ligament tear

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/clippers-chris-paul-to-have-thumb-surgery-to-repair-torn-ligament-out-6-8-weeks-things-to-know/

Clippers just can't catch a break. Interesting that Paul opted for surgery rather than playing through it like Kobe did with his pinky, though the though is more important. I wonder what would have happened if Kobe had had the surgery too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Second operation on the same thumb.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Paperclips can't catch a break. Damn...

(Not like I really care about the Paperclips but you know...)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

It's early in the season, not at the half way point. He and Griffin should be ready and rested to make a playoff run.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's early in the season, not at the half way point. He and Griffin should be ready and rested to make a playoff run.

It's more than halfway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

You mean another early playoff exit? Going to be hard to make a run when they will be relying on Austin Rivers and DJ to carry the team for the next 2 months.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You mean another early playoff exit? Going to be hard to make a run when they will be relying on Austin Rivers and DJ to carry the team for the next 2 months.....

I think they have enough talent to make the playoffs. If they do that they have a chance to advance. 8th seed would be a killer though.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject:

Clippers will nose dive without Chris Paul. You will see just how good he is when you see how bad the Clippers are without him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Would this incentivize Blake to leave?
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

I know they're maybe too good an de have too many wins, but I would've tanked it in. Get a high draft pick which would be a strong asset to either add to cp3 and Blake or package it in a trade.

But that's if they still have this year's pick. I know Glenn Rivers traded away most their assets
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
I know they're maybe too good an de have too many wins, but I would've tanked it in. Get a high draft pick which would be a strong asset to either add to cp3 and Blake or package it in a trade.

But that's if they still have this year's pick. I know Glenn Rivers traded away most their assets

I had no idea his real name was Glenn until just now. I always thought that "Doc" was a strange name for his parents to have given him.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Clippers will nose dive without Chris Paul. You will see just how good he is when you see how bad the Clippers are without him.

I already know. I voted for him in the Best PG in the league poll.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

This is our chance to catch up!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

I had no idea his real name was Glenn until just now. I always thought that "Doc" was a strange name for his parents to have given him.

His birth name is Glenn Anton Rivers.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
defense wrote:

His stats are way down from past years.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
defense wrote:

His stats are way down from past years.

I'm judging him on his full body of work. His stats are down because he's making those around him better. He's sacrificing his game.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are in trouble they lost to the 14 & 28 Timber Wolves.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: