OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 211, 212, 213 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Here is my rough list of "Tiers" of FAs in 2017:

Tier 1: KD, Curry, etc. No shot. 0% chance.

Tier 1B: basically Hayward. Doubt it. 3%

Tier 2: Ibaka, Jrue, Noel (RFA), G.Hill. With the first 2 guys, some shot and rationale for pursuing them. 25% chance.

Tier 3: Livingston, Patterson, Taj. 45% chance.

Tier 4: Justin Holiday, Ian Clark, etc. Greater than 50% chance.

Tier 5: FA looking for retirement home. Lakers will sign somebody from tier 5

Thank you for your wonderful insight and contribution.

Hehe thank the Lakers as they currently have 2: deng/mozgov

So isn't the Tier 5 Retirement Home category ably filled already?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Not sure how to evaluate the Moz/Deng signings considering all the cap hoarding was premised on the idea we would only pursue and use it on star players.

However, I think it's unlikely we do the same next offseason as we certainly have spent a good chunk of our cap on guys who will be 30+ and past their primes. If anything, this is more aspirational, we should spend it on younger pieces.
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not sure how to evaluate the Moz/Deng signings considering all the cap hoarding was premised on the idea we would only pursue and use it on star players.

However, I think it's unlikely we do the same next offseason as we certainly have spent a good chunk of our cap on guys who will be 30+ and past their primes. If anything, this is more aspirational, we should spend it on younger pieces.

Lakers would have been top 4 with DeRozan/Whiteside

Didn't know why lakers didn't sell the "bring your buddy" idea
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Lakers were interested in both, But DRoz wanted to stay and didn't want to follow in his idol's wake; Hassan, ironically, thought Miami would have a better chance at being playoff contenders. Oops.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Lakers were interested in both, But DRoz wanted to stay and didn't want to follow in his idol's wake; Hassan, ironically, thought Miami would have a better chance at being playoff contenders. Oops.

If I'm a premiere center I would not want to play with Dlo and Julius. Mozgov and Roy are bad, but not that bad as they look playing alongside our young guns. When you have a PG that has a tough time to make an entry pass, to hit a lob pass or to stay in front of anyone and a PF that never rotates to help the helper your life as a C may become miserable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If I'm a premiere center I would not want to play with Dlo and Julius. Mozgov and Roy are bad, but not that bad as they look playing alongside our young guns. When you have a PG that has a tough time to make an entry pass, to hit a lob pass or to stay in front of anyone and a PF that never rotates to help the helper your life as a C may become miserable.

LOL, you think these two are the biggest problems? How about playing with a bench where the guards will absolutely not look for you, SFs who can't hit a shot to save their lives, etc.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Reports came out today that the Bulls will be interested in Bosh when he is waived. He is a guy I said would be a good fit on our team also when all of that stuff with the Heat happened in training camp *if healthy
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Reports came out today that the Bulls will be interested in Bosh when he is waived. He is a guy I said would be a good fit on our team also when all of that stuff with the Heat happened in training camp *if healthy

He'd be a perfect fit for us at C. But sadly I don't think he'll be able to play again becuase of his health.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Zubac is the future at C with Black as the backup. Bosh health going forward is a major concern and he's already up there in age.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nobody throws good entry passes on the team so you can't put that singularly on the PG. And it's not like Mozgov is some savant with his back to the basket. Also, you drastically exaggerate how often DLO gets blown by IMO. His issues are much more involved with not trying or paying attention while off the ball on D. That makes things tough on a center too and absolutely needs to change but he doesn't get blown by all that often. I totally agree about helping the helper but it's not just Russell and Randle, it's pretty much everybody besides Deng and Nance(when healthy) when I watch who don't rotate quickly enough or at all.

I agree Russell and Randle don't do Mozgov a ton of favors on the defensive end, but they are far from the only ones. Offensively, I actually think those two do a good job of getting Mozgov the ball in spots where he can succeed.
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Zubac is the future at C with Black as the backup. Bosh health going forward is a major concern and he's already up there in age.

After the Grammy trip they should start him. We will be out of playoffs but then

After today I think we play 8/9 on road
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Some fans haven't learned there lesson "trade Deng for Gay so we can lose more". Tsk Tsk Tsk.

If you haven't learned from the last 3 off seasons ad free agency, you never will. And given most of the impatience around here its astounding that some really wanna keep playing the "bottom 3 pick" game. It's addictive, as is desperately searching for comfort in losing cause some can't deal.

It's more about getting out of a bad contract much sooner. Any effect on pick probability is gravy.

The point is, why get out of a bad contract? So you can sign another one? Or has something happened this season that didn't the past 3 where a good FA would want to be here? It hasn't.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
Some fans haven't learned there lesson "trade Deng for Gay so we can lose more". Tsk Tsk Tsk.

If you haven't learned from the last 3 off seasons ad free agency, you never will. And given most of the impatience around here its astounding that some really wanna keep playing the "bottom 3 pick" game. It's addictive, as is desperately searching for comfort in losing cause some can't deal.

Deng is helping us win?

Veteran leadership.

That's fine when it's MWP and it's the last guy on your roster type of thing, costing you almost nothing on your cap. It's another matter altogether when you're making $18MM.

Again, why? What difference would that make?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
MJST wrote:

It's more about getting out of a bad contract much sooner. Any effect on pick probability is gravy.

The point is, why get out of a bad contract? So you can sign another one? Or has something happened this season that didn't the past 3 where a good FA would want to be here? It hasn't.

Wait, so you're saying b/c we signed bad contracts in the past, it's almost a good thing they we keep bad contracts so we don't sign any more bad contracts in the future?

Wasn't the FO pushing the narrative that the cap hoarding would lead to a grand payout? Is Moz/Deng that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No idea? Easy answer, we tanked for 3 seasons and good players weren't coming here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

He'd be a perfect fit for us at C. But sadly I don't think he'll be able to play again becuase of his health.

I can't imagine that anyone would insure him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wait, so you're saying b/c we signed bad contracts in the past, it's almost a good thing they we keep bad contracts so we don't sign any more bad contracts in the future?

Wasn't the FO pushing the narrative that the cap hoarding would lead to a grand payout? Is Moz/Deng that?

I am saying that the idea that a really good player will sign with us is a fantasy. We had cap space for 3 offseasons and the best we could do was Mozgov and Deng.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL, you think these two are the biggest problems? How about playing with a bench where the guards will absolutely not look for you, SFs who can't hit a shot to save their lives, etc.

Don't you think Whiteside is supposed to be a starter?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

I agree Russell and Randle don't do Mozgov a ton of favors on the defensive end, but they are far from the only ones. Offensively, I actually think those two do a good job of getting Mozgov the ball in spots where he can succeed.

Just to make things clear, they are the guys we are probably building around going forward, so it is not really important if Nick Young, Thomas Robinson or Marcelo Huertas aren't premiere teammates because Mitch would trade those guys in a heartbit.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BIKinstonFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't you think Whiteside is supposed to be a starter?

I don't even know what that means.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Just to make things clear, they are the guys we are probably building around going forward, so it is not really important if Nick Young, Thomas Robinson or Marcelo Huertas aren't premiere teammates because Mitch would trade those guys in a heartbit.

Fair point
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244652/Nuggets-Hope-To-Trade-Jusuf-Nurkic-By-Deadline

He would be a nice acquisition, IMO there is a chance he breaks through with a change of scenery.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244652/Nuggets-Hope-To-Trade-Jusuf-Nurkic-By-Deadline

He would be a nice acquisition, IMO there is a chance he breaks through with a change of scenery.

Nah. I'll go with Zubac over him.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Black is a 4 and surprisingly has a post game
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nah. I'll go with Zubac over him.

What about getting Wilson Chandler?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 211, 212, 213 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 212 of 1813
Jump to: