OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Agreed. As much as I'm a DLO supporter, I can absolutely see Ingram reaching higher highs. However, the thought of a fully actualized Ingram/DLO makes me giddy, even theoretically speaking.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Vesper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
OOOH, tough guy!

Know it all that knows nothing is much better.

Are you serious right now?

He won't be able to answer because he's currently on a long vacation.

You do realize it's easy to just make another account....😂

Nothing we haven't seen before. Moving right along then.

I'm perfectly fine where Ingram is. I still don't really see him muscled around too much. It's weird to think that I believe he has the highest upside.

At this point I would say that Ingram has surpassed where I thought he would be. That ball IQ is really impressive. In the last game the Nuggets were on a break and you could see Ingram identify where the ball was going, he got to the spot and stole the pass. That wasn't an accident or athleticism, that was smarts.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

At this point I would say that Ingram has surpassed where I thought he would be

His month in January helps give a lot of hope.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Over the last 8 games, he has averaged 12.4 PTS, 4.1 REB, 2.8 AST, and 1.4 3PM, on 49/48/65% shooting.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Agreed. As much as I'm a DLO supporter, I can absolutely see Ingram reaching higher highs. However, the thought of a fully actualized Ingram/DLO makes me giddy, even theoretically speaking.

wow, everyone abandoning DLO? I am just being dramatic. Still think DLo is the most likely of the group to be a franchise player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

wow, everyone abandoning DLO? I am just being dramatic. Still think DLo is the most likely of the group to be a franchise player.

Absolutely not. To the contrary, seeing a nice emerging young core of DLo/Ingram/Jules/Zubac (the under 23 guys), and Nance/JC too.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Over the last 8 games, he has averaged 12.4 PTS, 4.1 REB, 2.8 AST, and 1.4 3PM, on 49/48/65% shooting.

And more DUNKS!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And more DUNKS!

But not Dwight Howard's musculature.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And more DUNKS!

and not Dwight's pea brain either

(thank god)
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And more DUNKS!

and not Dwight's pea brain either

(thank god)

Also, let's hope that unlike Dwight, he also doesn't father Brandon II, III, IV, V, and VI with 4 different women before the age of 24.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Wonder why his free throw percentage is so bad, does it have to do with his form or just a practice thing?
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think it's pretty neat there are definitely arguments for all of DLO/Ingram/Randle to reach their ceilings.

They all have incredibly high ceilings. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. Yes I'm adding Randle.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Wonder why his free throw percentage is so bad, does it have to do with his form or just a practice thing?

It was a problem in college too.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It was a problem in college too.
He shot about that percentage in college too. Although, it may just be a confidence issue. He was making them earlier last year. About 70-80%, but it has dipped recently.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Absolutely not. To the contrary, seeing a nice emerging young core of DLo/Ingram/Jules/Zubac (the under 23 guys), and Nance/JC too.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

His motor is starting to concern me, more than Randle's, who has proven he has an extra gear despite his inconsistency.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

His motor is starting to concern me, more than Randle's, who has proven he has an extra gear despite his inconsistency.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

That is just the first step of him being the great player a lot of people expect him to be, next year is when he will break through after a handful of good games to finish the season.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject:

He easily has the highest ceiling of the group .. when he get his shot making consistency up to NBA level he is gonna be problem he can't do a lot on the court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here's how I see it so far.

DLO: highest skill level amongst DLO/Ingram/Randle; but also shows lack of fire, low motor, lack of fight.

Jules: highest fire/fight/motor (when he gets it going), probably least skilled of the trio.

Ingram: is the best mix of the two (skills/intangibles).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

As far as Ingram and his body goes when compared to Dwight or Davis. Dwight was already 240 when he was drafted out of high school, and Davis was already 220 coming out of Kentucky.

The argument is that both Dwight and Davis have gained about 20 pounds since their coming in. So Ingram could.

or Ingram's body could go a similar route to that of Paul George's where it doesn't really change much outside of just maturing into his body but only gaining 5-6 pounds.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
As far as Ingram and his body goes when compared to Dwight or Davis. Dwight was already 240 when he was drafted out of high school, and Davis was already 220 coming out of Kentucky.

The argument is that both Dwight and Davis have gained about 20 pounds since their coming in. So Ingram could.

or Ingram's body could go a similar route to that of Paul George's where it doesn't really change much outside of just maturing into his body but only gaining 5-6 pounds.

I would bet he ends up somewhere in the middle.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

DLO: highest skill level amongst DLO/Ingram/Randle; but also shows lack of fire, low motor, lack of fight.

Jules: highest fire/fight/motor (when he gets it going), probably least skilled of the trio.

Seems about right.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Randle has that gear, but you only see it when he's pissed off, or the team is front-running. He can't really will himself to shift into that gear. At least not yet. It's not much different than Russell in sniper mode.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ingram has the best motor. It's not sexy, but you can count on it not to die on a medium range trip to Fry's.

You need AAA on speed dial with the other two.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 296 of 1885
Jump to: