Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Lou and Clarkson are easily the best players of the team
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Just Lou, Clarkson is on the same pack most of our players are. Nick, Nance, Julius, Dlo, Clarkson they all bring something different to the table, but none excels over the pack.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

And that is why we are a 16-31 team. Lou and JC are doing the best they can but the others need to improve for this team to even be a playoff level team.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Along with Randle, those three have carried us this year. Unfortunately, they don't play enough minutes because Luke wants to be fair.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

JC is not really having a great season? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. He's been better than he was in December though.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Along with Randle, those three have carried us this year. Unfortunately, they don't play enough minutes because Luke wants to be fair.

Our best lineups have Lou and JC, but don't have Julius.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Our best lineups have Lou and JC, but don't have Julius.

I know, but Randle has been good this year as well. Despite the criticism Clarkson still leads all guards in FG% and he's been the best defender.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

You mean he's interested in developing young players who will be the future of the team?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

You mean he's interested in developing young players who will be the future of the team?

Luke seems more interested in not trying to hurt players feelings instead of playing your best players 35 mpg like the other great coaches around the league. He's cost this team at least 6 games this year because of his rotations.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Luke seems more interested in not trying to hurt players feelings instead of playing your best players 35 mpg like the other great coaches around the league. He's cost this team at least 6 games this year because of his rotations.

Lol. Oh the horror.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Clarkson has been efficient most of the year and his defense has improved. He's one of the most athletic guards in the league. He's 24 he should be playing 35 mpg like the other young players around the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson has been efficient most of the year and his defense has improved. He's one of the most athletic guards in the league. He's 24 he should be playing 35 mpg like the other young players around the league.

No one is playing 35 mpg on this team until 1 of swaggy/Lou get moved.
Jc plays the most minutes of the guards and takes nearly the same amount of shots as Lou and Dlo.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

I would not make that claim considering expectations. Lou has exceeded expectations, as has Swaggy. I have been disappointed in Clarksons level of play this year. I think he has the ability to lead the team in scoring (considering DLo and Ingrams age), and he is 3rd slightly behind DLO in ppg. Second, I think he has shown the ability to play average defense for long stretches of games, but still lacks the consistency required to be a net 0 or net + defender. His shooting still needs to improve. He needs to be in the 37%-39% range from 3. Finally, he is still pressing when he struggles I would have hoped he would begin to mature beyond this.

His minutes are down effects his ppg #'s, and he has been more good than bad....but overall, I think he falls in line with the majority of the young guys....his play has been less than my expectations.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I would not make that claim considering expectations. Lou has exceeded expectations, as has Swaggy. I have been disappointed in Clarksons level of play this year. I think he has the ability to lead the team in scoring (considering DLo and Ingrams age), and he is 3rd slightly behind DLO in ppg. Second, I think he has shown the ability to play average defense for long stretches of games, but still lacks the consistency required to be a net 0 or net + defender. His shooting still needs to improve. He needs to be in the 37%-39% range from 3. Finally, he is still pressing when he struggles I would have hoped he would begin to mature beyond this.

His minutes are down effects his ppg #'s, and he has been more good than bad....but overall, I think he falls in line with the majority of the young guys....his play has been less than my expectations.

Clarkson has been the biggest disappointment for me this season. Though I still believe that he can turn it around and become the player we thought he could be during training camp.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

JrR31 wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
Jc = 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

Yep. He can't stop making stupid plays game after game.He is busted goods there is no fixing this boy.

You really need to evaluate your thought process when you agree to a post that has supposed poop icons, that isn't a smart look. And the guy who posted them isn't smart enough to know they are ice cream icons.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Clarkson has been the biggest disappointment for me this season. Though I still believe that he can turn it around and become the player we thought he could be during training camp.

JC doesn't have the greatest ball IQ on the team and Luke has put him in a position where that shouldn't matter as much. And when JC slows down and takes the time to assess how to attack a situation he usually does well. It is when he plays mindlessly and without filters that he finds himself in bad positions that hurt the team.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Nick Young has been playing well and the best perimeter defender in the team (i know, you think JC is the best)

or you want to decrease DLo or Deng's minute?

Last edited by governator on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Is it just me or has his playmaking regressed tremendously? His tunnel vision this year has been insane at times.

There's so many times where he overdribbles and takes a bad shot. He wasn't like this his first two years. Or maybe I didn't notice it.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Bad game, but hey, at least he tries, right?
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Is it just me or has his playmaking regressed tremendously? His tunnel vision this year has been insane at times.

There's so many times where he overdribbles and takes a bad shot. He wasn't like this his first two years. Or maybe I didn't notice it.

First year was quite different but that was with the mentorship of Nash. He probably fell in love with Lou's game and now plays an ugly version of him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

He had a real stinker today. I would complain about his defense but unfortunately it was team average today. Everyone else sucked as much as he did.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson has a PER of 14.0. VORP of 0.0. His TS% is below average as well. He is an average player at best.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Clarkson has a PER of 14.0. VORP of 0.0. His TS% is below average as well. He is an average player at best.

Yeah. I've never thought he'd be a star or such which is why I've never had the high expectations on him. But he meets or even exceeds his likely ceiling as a replacement level of slightly above bench combo scoring guard.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

That isn't bad for a role player off the bench.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

That isn't bad for a role player off the bench.

And we know he can play better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 570 of 685
Jump to: