It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 225, 226, 227  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
tox wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
We need to trade Lou. He has been productive and I appreciate that he's contributed to our wins along with being a great teammate, but it seems like his bad habits are rubbing off on JC. When these two come in with the second unit it's just iso after iso, and I've seen numerous times this season when JC decides to go 1 on 4 and refuses to pass the ball, leading to stupid turnovers. I don't recall this happening as often during his rookie year, so to me, his decision making has regressed. Not going to put all the blame on Lou, because that is his playing style and what makes him successful in the league. But psychologically, when you're sharing the backcourt with somebody playing that style of basketball, especially as a young player, I think it tends to rub off which is why JC has been such a ball stopper lately, he's trying to "get mine" like his fellow backcourt mate. Add on to the fact that Luke doesn't seem to hold him accountable (I still remember a game earlier this year where JC's turnovers and chucking single handily led to like a 10 point swing and almost cost us the game, Luke just kept him in there) like he does with D'Lo, I think JC's development is being hindered.

Anyways, if we can get a first round pick for Lou I'd make the deal in a heartbeat. You can't tell me a team contending in the playoffs wouldn't mind giving up a lower first round pick for a scorer off the bench with a very cap friendly contract. He'd be perfect for a team looking to take the next step, I just don't think his style of play fits in well for us at this particular moment.

Well no contender last year wanted him what makes this year any different?

Says who?

Says everyone and on top of that no one wanted to us a 1st rounder for him either.

The only source I have is Mitch, who said there was interest. I'm not sure who "everyone" is
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
tox wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
We need to trade Lou. He has been productive and I appreciate that he's contributed to our wins along with being a great teammate, but it seems like his bad habits are rubbing off on JC. When these two come in with the second unit it's just iso after iso, and I've seen numerous times this season when JC decides to go 1 on 4 and refuses to pass the ball, leading to stupid turnovers. I don't recall this happening as often during his rookie year, so to me, his decision making has regressed. Not going to put all the blame on Lou, because that is his playing style and what makes him successful in the league. But psychologically, when you're sharing the backcourt with somebody playing that style of basketball, especially as a young player, I think it tends to rub off which is why JC has been such a ball stopper lately, he's trying to "get mine" like his fellow backcourt mate. Add on to the fact that Luke doesn't seem to hold him accountable (I still remember a game earlier this year where JC's turnovers and chucking single handily led to like a 10 point swing and almost cost us the game, Luke just kept him in there) like he does with D'Lo, I think JC's development is being hindered.

Anyways, if we can get a first round pick for Lou I'd make the deal in a heartbeat. You can't tell me a team contending in the playoffs wouldn't mind giving up a lower first round pick for a scorer off the bench with a very cap friendly contract. He'd be perfect for a team looking to take the next step, I just don't think his style of play fits in well for us at this particular moment.

Says who?

Says everyone and on top of that no one wanted to us a 1st rounder for him either.

He's having a better season this year away from Bryon and KFT. Do you have a link that says nobody wanted to trade a 1st rounder for him? From I recall Mitch just didn't like the offers, I don't remember hearing any specific details.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm all for trading Lou. He does need to be moved so that he can free up other guys. I do think he can be a crutch sometimes for Luke. But, I don't know if Luke has ever held Lou accountable for some of the mistakes he does.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
tox wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Says who?

He's having a better season this year away from Bryon and KFT. Do you have a link that says nobody wanted to trade a 1st rounder for him? From I recall Mitch just didn't like the offers, I don't remember hearing any specific details.

You just said so just provide your own link Mitch didn't like any of the offers.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
tox wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Says who?

You just said so just provide your own link Mitch didn't like any of the offers.

Sure

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/2/17/11038676/la-lakers-trade-rumors-lou-williams-several-teams

Lakers were shopping Lou Williams last year and didn't trade him.

So where's your link that nobody wanted to trade a 1st rounder for him? Where's your link showing what other teams were offering? All I can find is that they were shopping him and didn't end up proceeding with a trade because they did not like the offers. I don't recall any details of trade offers during last year's trade deadline and I can't find any sources with those details.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I came across this on YouTube, Nerlens Noel to the Lakers is picking up some steam

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
I came across this on YouTube, Nerlens Noel to the Lakers is picking up some steam

I didn't have time to check out the whole vid but it seems like he's just talking about the possibility.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Brooklyn

Miami
Whiteside

Dallas

Phoenix
Bledose, Booker

Minnesota
KAT, Wiggins, LaVine

Philadelphia
Embiid, Simmons

Sacramento
Cousins

New Orleans
A Davis

Orlando

Portland
D Lillard, McCollum

Knicks
Kristaps Porziņģis

Milwaukee
Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton

Detroit
Drummond, KCP

Denver
Jokic

Chicago
Butler

Indiana
Paul George, Myles Turner

Charlotte
Kemba Walker

Washington
Wall, Porter

Memphis
Marc Gasol

OKC
Westbrook

Atlanta

Boston

Clippers
Blake, D Jordan, CP3

Utah
Gobert, Hayward

Toronto
DeRozan, Lowry

Cleveland
LeBron, Irving

Houston
Harden

San Antonio
K Leonard

Golden State
Curry, Durant, Green, K Thompson

There are over 40 players listed above.

Which players would Mitch be able to get for a Clarkson + Randle package?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Brooklyn

Miami
Whiteside

Dallas

Phoenix
Bledose, Booker

Minnesota
KAT, Wiggins, LaVine

Philadelphia
Embiid, Simmons

Sacramento
Cousins

New Orleans
A Davis

Orlando

Portland
D Lillard, McCollum

Knicks
Kristaps Porziņģis

Milwaukee
Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton

Detroit
Drummond, KCP

Denver
Jokic

Chicago
Butler

Indiana
Paul George, Myles Turner

Charlotte
Kemba Walker

Washington
Wall, Porter

Memphis
Marc Gasol

OKC
Westbrook

Atlanta

Boston

Clippers
Blake, D Jordan, CP3

Utah
Gobert, Hayward

Toronto
DeRozan, Lowry

Cleveland
LeBron, Irving

Houston
Harden

San Antonio
K Leonard

Golden State
Curry, Durant, Green, K Thompson

There are over 40 players listed above.

Which players would Mitch be able to get for a Clarkson + Randle package?

Without moving Dlo or Ingram we are not getting the kind of talent that would lead us to playoffs. Clarkson had more value as starter, the 7th man label don't help with his value while I don't believe Randle would be able to land more than a prospect with other kind of limitations or a disgruntled veteran pasting his prime like Mello.

I don't like Phoenix, Utah or Charlotte players, but I'd move Dlo in a trade for most other players of the list.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject:

The ULTIMATE pipe is we are getting a top ten player for JC and Julius.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

The ultimate pipe was selecting 3 top ten players with our 3 lottery picks (kinda OKC) while signing other 2 with our cap space. We got Julius, Dlo, Ingram, Deng and Mozgov.
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

The ultimate pipe was selecting 3 top ten players with our 3 lottery picks (kinda OKC) while signing other 2 with our cap space. We got Julius, Dlo, Ingram, Deng and Mozgov.

well to be fair I dont see any top 10 players in those drafts maybe in the future but not at the moment.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
nash wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

well to be fair I dont see any top 10 players in those drafts maybe in the future but not at the moment.

Embiid is the player I believe may be headed to this kind of stardom. His numbers per 36 are outstanding and he has a huge impact on both sides of the floor.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers value Lou more than Young. Young will be the odd man out.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Why does it have to be one or the other? I don't get that part.

Also.. to the poster that asked what player Mitch could get for Clarkson + Randle.. none of the ones you listed lol. Maybe KCP or if one of the above players demanded a trade or something lol.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

I was responding to the package the poster presented. He wanted to know what we could get for a Clarkson and Randle package and someone said a top 10 player. I responded getting a top 10 player is pipe and they we would have to add more to get that kind of a player.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

Lot's of fodder out there heading towards the deadline.
However we probably don't need any of them.

Knicks Melo?, T'Wolves Ricky Rubio, Bulls Rondo & Mirotic, Miami Drazic (maybe), Pistons R. Jackson?, Philly Noel/Okafor?, Suns PJ Tucker & Brandon Knight. The list is growing, ETC.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Not sure about that, Young has Improved his game more then Lou has.

Defense, moving the ball, and other intangibles, Lou is still the same player as last year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lot's of fodder out there heading towards the deadline.
However we probably don't need any of them.

Knicks Melo?, T'Wolves Ricky Rubio, Bulls Rondo & Mirotic, Miami Drazic (maybe), Pistons R. Jackson?, Philly Noel/Okafor?, Suns PJ Tucker & Brandon Knight. The list is growing, ETC.

If Russell is out longer then his current time line, I would like to see the Lakers get Dragic or Knight.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I don't know what the FO thinks, but I do not. I actually hope Swaggy opts in, or we can sign him for reasonable amount. Sure he will return to bench at some point if he stays, but the guy is one of the best pure shooters in the league, and he can almost always get that thing off with a beautiful stroke.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Why does it have to be one or the other? I don't get that part.

Also.. to the poster that asked what player Mitch could get for Clarkson + Randle.. none of the ones you listed lol. Maybe KCP or if one of the above players demanded a trade or something lol.

Thank you for the response.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Not sure about that, Young has Improved his game more then Lou has.

Defense, moving the ball, and other intangibles, Lou is still the same player as last year.

Some are expecting Nick to opt out of his contract and to seek a new deal this summer.

If that happens and Nick asks for $30 million total over three years, should Mitch agree to that?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers could land Brandon Knight for nothing I'd be happy, but it'd probably cost us someone valuable.

If the Lakers could get Nerlens Noel for Huertas and removing the protection of our pick I'd love that too but Philly isn't gonna do that now that they've finally figured out that Noel is more valuable than Okafor.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If the Lakers could land Brandon Knight for nothing I'd be happy, but it'd probably cost us someone valuable.

If the Lakers could get Nerlens Noel for Huertas and removing the protection of our pick I'd love that too but Philly isn't gonna do that now that they've finally figured out that Noel is more valuable than Okafor.

Yo I'm down for almost any Noel deal these days, but I don't think the Lakers have any business removing the protection on that pick at this point, earlier in the season I was supporting a deal like this.

Also, Brandon Knight?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

In all honesty if the Lakers traded Clarkson for LeVert and landed Noel from the Sixers for the protection of their pick removal I'd be ecstatic.

But anyway here's some of Okafor yesterday

Obviously has added the mid range to his game but again his biggest weakness is defense.

However like I said in another thread, how he gets his blocks and stops just by the nature of his hand size and reach is astounding and frustrating, because if he had some actual tutelage on defense he'd be at least an average defender.

If a coach like Brad Stevens got Okafor and he got verticality and help side defense down(two things he can do given his capabilities and incapabilities) they'd have quite a steal.

But again, I don't see him ever getting it unless he's traded.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Try understanding what was posted (you failed at that), the Lakers wouldn't trade them unless it was for a top 10 player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 225, 226, 227  Next
Page 33 of 227
Jump to: