LAKERS -at- BLAZERS – 1-25-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Zubac

12 points on 5-15 shooting (a lot of missed tips / putbacks) was bothered a bit by Plumblee.
10 rebounds (4 offensive)
3 blocks
2 assists
4 turn overs (a couple of passes from others too hot to handle)
2 personal fouls

Had a +13 for plus/minus for the game. Lou was a +1. All other Lakers were a minus for the game.

Decent game from Z. Tried to block Damon / CJ when they drove into the paint without much success but then again not many players do have success against those two. Held his own defensibly especially in the paint. Was a mixed bag when he got drawn out. I felt he did well against smaller players outside the paint but gave bigs too much space to get off jump shots.

Other notes:

Larry looked to pass as soon as he got the ball. It was almost as if he was saying hurry up and get this ball away from me. Very timid.

As noted earlier 0 points from Mozgov, Calderon and Ingram (0-11 but 10 combined rebounds along with 5 of our 16 assists).

Clarkson and Lou kept us in the game with a combined 53 points. When they were out the rest of the team struggled to score. Bench scored 71 of the Lakers 98 points.

Black came off the bench with little energy and Luke pulled him in a hurry putting Nance along side Zubac. Black wound up with only 8 minutes. Randle looked like he was not focused (again) and only got 20 minutes.

Deng's shot was off again as he was 2-7 while going 0-4 from 3 point range. Flat jumpers are a sure sign he is going to struggle.

Sorry I am not an expert like others on this board but those were my observations.

That's just crazy.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

As others noted, Deng struggled offensively- but he was actually pretty good on the defensive end.

GT was rightfully gushing over Zubac in the livestream.

A lot of people killing him for the missed layups but those were good plays and Randle wasn't actually that bad offensively- the disaster was in his effort at the other end.

That Calderon Mozgov pairing just doesn't work. I never want to see them in a ball screen together, either defensively or offensively, ever again. Heck just run floppy for Nick every time down if you're going to start that lineup.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Randle has such a hard time finishing in the paint. I wish he would just dunk it more.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I now know I'm officially on team tank. First I can recall that I rooted against some players on our team today. I was actually pissed when Lou and Nick knocked down those threes to bring us back into the game. The thought of us possibly losing our pick because two guys who have little chance of contributing to the long term success of this team getting hot was infuriating. Still wanted the young guys to do well, but I was actively pissed at Lou and Nick and was very glad to see Luke ice Lou. This isn't a good feeling for me. It sucks that we've been bad for so long that I feel this way now. Ugh.

I felt like this might be the turning point for a lot of fans this season in tank vs. wins.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
Zubac

12 points on 5-15 shooting (a lot of missed tips / putbacks) was bothered a bit by Plumblee.
10 rebounds (4 offensive)
3 blocks
2 assists
4 turn overs (a couple of passes from others too hot to handle)
2 personal fouls

Had a +13 for plus/minus for the game. Lou was a +1. All other Lakers were a minus for the game.

Decent game from Z. Tried to block Damon / CJ when they drove into the paint without much success but then again not many players do have success against those two. Held his own defensibly especially in the paint. Was a mixed bag when he got drawn out. I felt he did well against smaller players outside the paint but gave bigs too much space to get off jump shots.

Other notes:

Larry looked to pass as soon as he got the ball. It was almost as if he was saying hurry up and get this ball away from me. Very timid.

As noted earlier 0 points from Mozgov, Calderon and Ingram (0-11 but 10 combined rebounds along with 5 of our 16 assists).

Clarkson and Lou kept us in the game with a combined 53 points. When they were out the rest of the team struggled to score. Bench scored 71 of the Lakers 98 points.

Black came off the bench with little energy and Luke pulled him in a hurry putting Nance along side Zubac. Black wound up with only 8 minutes. Randle looked like he was not focused (again) and only got 20 minutes.

Deng's shot was off again as he was 2-7 while going 0-4 from 3 point range. Flat jumpers are a sure sign he is going to struggle.

Sorry I am not an expert like others on this board but those were my observations.

That's just crazy.

Thanks, Laker7... and yeah those bench/starter numbers are nuts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
I now know I'm officially on team tank. First I can recall that I rooted against some players on our team today. I was actually pissed when Lou and Nick knocked down those threes to bring us back into the game. The thought of us possibly losing our pick because two guys who have little chance of contributing to the long term success of this team getting hot was infuriating. Still wanted the young guys to do well, but I was actively pissed at Lou and Nick and was very glad to see Luke ice Lou. This isn't a good feeling for me. It sucks that we've been bad for so long that I feel this way now. Ugh.

I felt like this might be the turning point for a lot of fans this season in tank vs. wins.

I cannot swear allegiance to Team Tank this year.

However, like the dude in Training Day who put the gun down for Denzel to reach for (and get shot in the butt), I just stand and let things figure itself out.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

The team does not have to worry about tanking since it will naturally lose because they don't know how to win. At the end of the game, their success earlier in the game with their 3pt shooting was their downfall. Their youth and inability to execute (score) with their open midrange shots display what they need to learn. Allowing straight line wide open drives to the paint is not acceptable. It will be fascinating to see which players will have the drive to succeed, learn from their mistakes, not being comfortable just putting in a good effort, become more aware/alert/engage and basically have the NEED to be better

Pretty much. So do you lose with getting Lou, Moz and Swaggy minutes? Or do you lose letting your young guys get extended run/experience together?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
The team does not have to worry about tanking since it will naturally lose because they don't know how to win. At the end of the game, their success earlier in the game with their 3pt shooting was their downfall. Their youth and inability to execute (score) with their open midrange shots display what they need to learn. Allowing straight line wide open drives to the paint is not acceptable. It will be fascinating to see which players will have the drive to succeed, learn from their mistakes, not being comfortable just putting in a good effort, become more aware/alert/engage and basically have the NEED to be better
Pretty much. So do you lose with getting Lou, Moz and Swaggy minutes? Or do you lose letting your young guys get extended run/experience together?
Interesting exchanges on radio with writers such as Brian Windhorst suggest selective DNP-CD like what Pop is already doing

Mosgov is definitely not a game-changing player that would help make Unix's minutes manageable

Having Lou and Swaggy available, instead of Calderon and Huertsas, serves as a better choice to help the youngsters grow. With Lou and Swaggy not able to consistently produce during crunch time (Lou much more than Swaggy), their presence/threat provide Luke the ability to teach and lessen the pressure on the youngsters

How Deng is used/treated appears to a more strategic factor. His leadership, presence, impact and productivity falls well short of anybody's prediction. Maybe they can get draft choices in exchange for him.

Just quick thoughts
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

We're in full tanking form. Lou might be the only one hurting our chances to keep our pick.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Randle - missing defensive assignments, not blocking out, unable to finish multiple times at the basket and basically lazy. Maybe he needs to go on maternal leave of absense till after the ASG.

Damn! savage...lolol

I fell asleep at some point between the third/fourth quarters so I was disappointed to wake up and see we got the L. Oh well. I do t know what to think right now. I need ASG break.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Ingram, Calderon & Mosgov were non-factors. Randle was horrible.

It seems very apparent that the starters need some shake up. The team gets off so slowly in the 1st and 3rd quarters. No one sets a tone or a pace. Only the 2nd unit tries to establish a plan.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I did like how Luke benched him in the 4'th when he was just standing around on D, letting people score.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: