Webber?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WOULD YOU WELCOME WEBBER TO LA?
with open arms
37%
 37%  [ 74 ]
reluctantly
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
no
30%
 30%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 197

1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject:

the problem with webber is that he is a glorified role player who thinks he is a star. even when sacto was challenging, bibby was always the one pulling the strings. webber? his patented move that series was the stick-the-ass-out-screen-with-simultaneous-shovel-pass-back-out-to-the-perimeter... at least it was his BEST move.

moreover, his defensive liabilities are well documented in philadelphia. while i think he will adjust much better to the triangle than to the AI-oriented guard sets, he still will have ego issues with diminished playing time given that the lakers seem to be gearing towards a more defensive philosophy. and this is given that the lakers are winning.

what if the lakers are losing? vet min? im not sure the laker FO wants to take on that type of potential headache. certainly, i wouldnt sign an over the hill power forward with identity issues and a micro fracture knee without making sure he knows where he stands in the organization and its plans.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Vet min.
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have a history of giving nearly washed up PF a chance and win championships with them. The list : Swen Nater, Haywood, this guy from Cleveland (forgot his name!), AC Green, Horace Grant, to a lesser extent Big Shot Bob. Why not CWebb?
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Webb the choker hell NO!
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I have to admit, It was pretty pathetic to see him look so bad in philly. most of those games he was injured, pouting, or just plain inefective, and that was in the East! I really dont want to see him in LA, which means i probably will see him here!....I know, I know, "he'd be great in the triangle" I can hear it already?..that damn triangle!
laker_pride
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject:

the question is would he come to LA? Anyone would like to come to LA for a chance at the most prized prossession.......and that is the ring. even CWebb for the minimum, unless he calls time out because he forgets that he's not the player he once was and that the best chance of getting the ring is with the Lakers.
_LAKESHOW_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject:

not for BIG money, thats for sure. but we definitely need to add more bigmen to our roster. but i think he would be a defensive liability. i'd take him though for the right price.
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
I would swear off the Lakers until he was gone if that were to happen. There are very few things in the world that could make me not want to be a fan. This is one of them.

You need a 4th choice for that poll: (BLEEEEEEEEEEEP) no!

yep whats up with all these people welcoming enemies to the team? Webber, pippen, jalen rose, etc...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: