OFFICIAL NICK YOUNG THREAD....He signed for 1 year with GSW....Goodbye Swaggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Lal0821 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lal0821 wrote:
Nick called Clarkson a crack head

This really did happen in case anyone thinks I'm joking

I heard it too
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Lal0821 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lal0821 wrote:

I heard it too

He also said tonight was "Russell night"
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Lal0821 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lal0821 wrote:

I heard it too

He also said tonight was "Russell night"

*RUSSHHHELL
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Nick Young on representing the Lakers to the Three Point Contest!!!
#Swaggy3

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Congrats to Nick Young on representing the Lakers to the Three Point Contest!!!
#Swaggy3

If he wins I will add kale to following meal
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see SWAG-EL heating up for the 3 point contest (5-8).
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

good game from Nick but got a little front runner late and took some bad shots
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Good game from Young, hopefully he stays with the Lakers before the TD.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young’s 18 Points Isn’t Enough for 3-Point Contest

Quote:
Lakers Nick Young barely missed the second round of the 3-point contest with his 18 points.

So Nick Young didn’t make every single one of his shots like we all expected, but he also didn’t embarrass himself. Young shot better than Kyle Lowry, C.J. McCollum, Wesley Matthews and reigning 3-point contest champion Klay Thompson. Not bad, Swaggy. Not bad.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/02/18/lakers-nick-youngs-18-points-isnt-enough-3-point-contest/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Nick Young’s 18 Points Isn’t Enough for 3-Point Contest

Quote:
Lakers Nick Young barely missed the second round of the 3-point contest with his 18 points.

So Nick Young didn’t make every single one of his shots like we all expected, but he also didn’t embarrass himself. Young shot better than Kyle Lowry, C.J. McCollum, Wesley Matthews and reigning 3-point contest champion Klay Thompson. Not bad, Swaggy. Not bad.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/02/18/lakers-nick-youngs-18-points-isnt-enough-3-point-contest/

Swaggy3 represent
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
When the NBA hosts its 3-point shooting contest as part of All-Star Weekend on Saturday at Smoothie King Center, Young will become the third Lakers player to participate in the event after Byron Scott (1987, 1988) and Michael Cooper (1987). Young didn’t miss an opportunity to take a jab at the former Lakers coach, who he frequently clashed with over playing time and public criticisms.

“I might pick Cooper’s brain,” Young said of his contest preparation. “But I don’t know if Byron would tell me the right thing to do.”

What's sad is Swaggy was the first Laker to participate the the 3-point shootout in almost 30 years and that Byron actually did better than Swaggy as he made it to the 2nd round.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tania Ganguli: “They need me, the fans like me,” Nick Young, as he says he would like to compete in the 3 point contest again next year.
6 hours ago – via Twitter taniaganguli
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers' Nick Young found it 'tough' handling trade rumors again

Quote:
– As most players anxiously thumbed through their phone using the plane’s Wi-Fi connection, a Lakers official alerted them they made a trade to the Houston Rockets.

“Everyone was looking at me,” Lakers guard Nick Young said. “I thought I was gone.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-745033-young-walton.html
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

The fact that we could not trade Nick for 2nd round draft picks will probably lessen the chances he opts out of his contract this year.
Think about it: If no team was willing to give up a couple of 2nd rounders for him - when he has an extremely attractive contract in today's CBA - the odds that he'll be able to opt out and sign with another team for big money this summer are looking a lot slimmer.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
The fact that we could not trade Nick for 2nd round draft picks will probably lessen the chances he opts out of his contract this year.
Think about it: If no team was willing to give up a couple of 2nd rounders for him - when he has an extremely attractive contract in today's CBA - the odds that he'll be able to opt out and sign with another team for big money this summer are looking a lot slimmer.

If he opts in, that's fine with me; keep a good three point shooter while punting cap for 2018.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

Nick has no plans to leave LA if he can help it. He's home, happy and rich. What more could he need.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

If he opts in (which he would be foolish to do so), then great. One more season of decent shooting off the bench. But that ain't gonna happen. He's going to be 32 years old soon. It'll be his last chance to get a nice long payday. Otherwise, it's Vet min contracts for the rest of his career.

Only reason why we couldn't net anything for him was because that everybody and their grandmother knew about his contract situation. If he had two years (like Lou Will) instead of 1 year + player option, then we would have gained a late first or a couple of 2nd round picks for sure.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

Can't blame other teams for not giving up a 2nd... shots like these make me question why he's even playing significant minutes, but maybe he's trying to raise his value by playing hero ball. If it were up to me, I'd pull a Byron Scott and bench him for the rest of the season. Would open up more minutes for Clarkson/Ennis/Brewer. Could also play Russell off ball more.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

There is a good chance that Nick is back next season.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
P.K. wrote:

If he opts in (which he would be foolish to do so), then great. One more season of decent shooting off the bench. But that ain't gonna happen. He's going to be 32 years old soon. It'll be his last chance to get a nice long payday. Otherwise, it's Vet min contracts for the rest of his career.

Only reason why we couldn't net anything for him was because that everybody and their grandmother knew about his contract situation. If he had two years (like Lou Will) instead of 1 year + player option, then we would have gained a late first or a couple of 2nd round picks for sure.

2 weeks ago I was pretty sure he'd opt out for the same reasons you've said - going for that last big contract. I also thought with his improved play and discontinued nuttiness, that he probably get a contract from someone who needed a defender and 3pt shooter - so, yeah...figured he'd be gone this summer.

However, the fact that we didn't get anyone to bite for the low low cost of 2nd round picks probably makes Nick reconsider.

wrt people knowing about his 1 year contract: you have to look at that from both sides. Playoff teams looking for 3pt shooters and guys that can D - a playoff rental for the low price of a 2nd round pick?
I don't think the cost of the 2nd would have held them off - I suspect it was more that people still think he's a flake.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Swag-El has been in a bit of a slump since the AS break. He needs to regain his confidence quickly or we need to start Clarkson in his spot; which might not be a bad idea for now.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

Does the general LG population still want to get rid of Nick Young next year?
I know he's like 30 - 31 and will probably want a big final contract, but he is still by far the Laker's best outside shooter.

Nick has shown this season that he is not a garbage player. He does play some defense, he has been pretty disciplined in his shot selection and he has kept his nose clean. Plus he is a tall shooting guard at 6'7".

It seems to me that shooting guards in general tend to be able to continue playing productively at an older age, for example Kyle Korver, Ray Allen, Jason Terry, Manu, etc.....any others?

The Lakers are so hard up for shooters, I really hope they can keep Nick Young at a decent price. But if he demands too much, I understand letting him go.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
Does the general LG population still want to get rid of Nick Young next year?
I know he's like 30 - 31 and will probably want a big final contract, but he is still by far the Laker's best outside shooter.

Nick has shown this season that he is not a garbage player. He does play some defense, he has been pretty disciplined in his shot selection and he has kept his nose clean. Plus he is a tall shooting guard at 6'7".

It seems to me that shooting guards in general tend to be able to continue playing productively at an older age, for example Kyle Korver, Ray Allen, Jason Terry, Manu, etc.....any others?

The Lakers are so hard up for shooters, I really hope they can keep Nick Young at a decent price. But if he demands too much, I understand letting him go.

Hometown discount will keep him in purple and gold til he's retired but a playoff teams can use his talent and pay him more... I think he wants to stay here
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

I actually can't think of a Lakers player in recent history that has shot better than NickY from the outside.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

I can see the Lakers agreeing to resign him to raise to about 8M if he opts out for 1 year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 73 of 83
Jump to: