Woman claims Magic Johnson fathered a secret love child

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Woman claims Magic Johnson fathered a secret love child

It sounds believable but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Basketball legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson committed a flagrant foul by fathering a secret love child — then cruelly turning his back on him!

That’s the claim of an Atlanta woman — who told Radar in a worldwide exclusive that Magic made a fast break out of her life in 1982 when she announced she was pregnant!

The shocking revelation was uncovered by Radar just weeks after the HIV-positive horn-dog led a panel discussion at the Fifth Annual Ladylike Day at UCLA offering young girls “honest advice about romance and relationships.”

Now, Renee Perkins is finally speaking out about how the former Los Angeles Lakers star — who admitted to sleeping with “thousands of women,” including groupies, call girls and strippers — abandoned her and their now 35-year-old love child, Chauncey!

“It tore me apart because I really didn’t want to have or raise a child on my own,” Renee, 61, told Radar.

When he met Renee in 1981, he was already an all-star player with the ladies.

“Earvin was a notorious womanizer. He had thousands during his career,” said longtime friend Pamela McGee, who played on the U.S. Olympic women’s basketball team in 1984.

According to Renee, now 57-year-old Johnson worked his “magic” on her, and abruptly dumped
her after a yearlong romance when she announced the pregnancy.

She claimed Magic had his basketball “advisor,” Dr. Charles Tucker, reach out to strong-arm her into getting an abortion!

“[Dr. Tucker] told me I really had to get an abortion, and that Magic was not going to be with me because he had his career to worry about,” Renee revealed to Radar.

Renee provided Radar with a letter from her attorney and a Los Angeles lab, proving she and Magic had taken blood tests to determine if he fathered her child.

She also served up tapes of 1985 phone calls, allegedly between her and Magic, in which he acknowledges the boy’s existence.
“Tell him, ‘Hi,'” he allegedly said in one call.

Magic promised Renee he would provide for the boy, she said, but that promise went up in smoke.

She filed a paternity lawsuit in 1982, but it was later dropped because she couldn’t afford an attorney. When she contacted the lab seven years later to retrieve the results, she was told they had been “lost” because the lab had moved “three times” since they were taken.

http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/...ove-child.html
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised they didn't have a pun for abortion. I would have gone with "baby hook".
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Color me shocked
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Woman claims Magic Johnson fathered a secret love child

Basketball Fan wrote:

“Earvin was a notorious womanizer. He had thousands during his career,” said longtime friend Pamela McGee, who played on the U.S. Olympic women’s basketball team in 1984.

http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/...ove-child.html[/quote]

JaVale McGee-Johnson?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

Bird's got him beaten in this column
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

They didn't have paternity suits back then?

I'm not saying she's lying but I don't see a resemblance between that young man and Magic. He looks more like Rashard Lewis' kid to me.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

I'm not saying she's lying but I don't see a resemblance between that young man and Magic. He looks more like Rashard Lewis' kid to me.

Why now??? 35 years with at least 25 of those years having access to reliable DNA testing. Everybody knows Magic was all the way out there for a loooooongggg time. Honestly, he may have a whole football team worth of kids. What changed with her that she decided now was the time to speak out??
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

What gets me is that she say she has tapes of their conversation from 1985?

That's taking it way back....

I could believe he has a child(ren) out there he does or doesn't know about but something about this seems way too convenient.

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Bird's got him beaten in this column

Corrie was never a secret she was rather neglected given her parents really bitter divorce.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
the HIV-positive horn-dog led a panel discussion at the Fifth Annual Ladylike Day at UCLA offering young girls “honest advice about romance and relationships.”

lolwut
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Why now??? 35 years with at least 25 of those years having access to reliable DNA testing. Everybody knows Magic was all the way out there for a loooooongggg time. Honestly, he may have a whole football team worth of kids. What changed with her that she decided now was the time to speak out??

Magic's personal fortune is now many times what he was earning as a basketball player. Plus he owns or has ownership stakes in several pro sports teams.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

So, when is bring your kid to work day at Laker HQ?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Quote:
the HIV-positive horn-dog led a panel discussion at the Fifth Annual Ladylike Day at UCLA offering young girls “honest advice about romance and relationships.”

lolwut

Horndog is one thing, but flippantly noting him as "The HIV positive..." as the very first descriptive element is low rent. It's essentially making fun of him for having a disease, or at best, making HIV the sum total of his worth, as if he didn't courageously accept it and attack it with conviction while his friends and fans were crying, thinking he was gonna die in 5 yrs. If that's from BET, I'd hate to read Donald Sterling's article on this topic.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Too bad she waited until the kid was 35, which is 17 years past the typical cut-off date for child support (18)...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: