LAKERS -at- CELTICS – 2-3-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- CELTICS – 2-3-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Sorry guys, I'm traveling. Missed the game tonight. Post your
thoughts and player comments here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

First
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Watched the game at an Irish pub in LA, near staples center. Weirdness
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

We lost to the Celts

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject:

Safe Travels

-

It was funny and comical watching the games with the Lakers at times because they were making soooooo many mistakes common with young players

Lakers don't seem to have a player with the mentality to keep everybody accountable like the floor general that Magic says the team is missing

When the de facto floor leader (DLO) doesn't know what to do (hey making a mistake is better than doing nothing), Luke needs to find a role that will maximize the talents of DLO.

Given that Swaggy and LouWill are both in their 30s, they probably will be gone in the very near future where DLO would be part of a guard rotation that would include JC and next year's lottery choice.

With Black taking a 3pt shot and DLO taking shots from Curry range, they too easily revert to playing like it is an All Star Game where anything goes and no defense is played.

If Deng is not making the others accountable for the mistakes they are making on the court and not producing on the floor, what is the reason why he is on the court? When reporters like Mike Breshahan predicted that he will their highest scorer on the team before the season started, what happened

Ingram and Zuboc have been scouted and now they need to make adjustments (like all NBA players) and discover the "counters". The word is to let these 19 years old youngsters know they are playing with grown men. They will learn to use their energy, skills and youth to their advantage like others before them. Hopefully will talk more to Kareem, Ingram will talk to Robert Horry and JC will talk to Michael Cooper

Last edited by A Mad Chinaman on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

The game was fairly boring after the first quarter. Spurts of interest. Thomas' speed and Smarrt's D were the chief reasons for Celtic victory.

A few thoughts - none of which are profound insights:

There were critical mistakes at the end of the first Q, after the team started sharp. The second quarter slide was depressing. Good to see the D tighten up in the second half.

Nance got minutes and produced, but I saw critical turnovers, being caught in the air while passing, and a reluctance to shoot. Same ole....

I also saw lineups featuring a front court of non shooters. For that matter, other than Swaggy and (sometimes) a hot Williams, we don't have shooters. Deep bench guys, Huertas, Robinson and MWP can't shoot. So, if folks are cold, who can come in?

D'Lo (as reported) is coming along, showing an assured presence. But then he turns the ball over on dumb passes, or forcing through double teams. But It was good to see his maturing game on display.

Ingram is a work in progress, but flashes unique skills. (Nothing new here.) Always root for him, but he misses wide open daggers. Frustrating.

Zubac ooked slow and overmatched, not like his last few outings. Athletic, quick opponents seem to bottle him up. Moz was MIA. Deng, MIA. Nothing new here either. Clarkson's impact was nil.

This game was also frustrating because you could see the team competing and then make boneheaded turnovers or miss wide open looks. They do try, and I appreciate effort. The loss felt inevitable, however.

In the post interviews it was identified that D would be the focus in the next few days, and this is obviously needed.

Am hoping the Magic Johnson influence doesn't end up with the Lakers gutting their young group in the hopes a hero-ball star will deliver the team to a new era.

Play of the game was a Huertas to Lou dish, which Lou turned into a lay-in.

Last edited by JM on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

Watching only the 1st half and few minutes of the 3rd Q, the D looked good in stretches. It was the offense that killed us today. I can recall a play wehre they got a second, third and 4th chance after a miss. But we missend all of them.
....and lord, what big of a black hole on offense is TB??? Wow!
JC had an off night on O too.

My Impression was that wie sat Moz too long and we went too long too small.

Learning lesson for the young guns
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject:

Isaiah Thomas in high school! why I wore #11
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

DLO - looked good. He's not as good of a 3 pt shooter as he thinks he is, needs to dial back the 3's off of the dribble...much better on a catch and shoot. His straight away 3's are almost always off, better from the corners. Luke needs to show him his 3 pt shot chart and his 3pt% off the dribble, I'm sure they are both very telling.

JC - Garbage....looked out of control and too much ISO on the offense end. Defense was ok, but got burned occasionally. One of the main reasons we lost the game. I'm no Tex Winter, but pretty sure our offense isn't predicated on his ISO'ing and taking low % shots. Pass the ball dude.

Lou - Shot was off, still plays no D, hit some FT's. Played OK overall.

Moz - Horford is a tough matchup, guy is great. 1-4 with 4 PF's in 14 minutes just shows a couple of things. 1) he is not that talented 2) He does not compete 3) He is working his way out of the starting lineup. Terrible signing...hate the guy and all of his facial expressions every time he gets beat. Guy is a punk.

Deng - Another terrible signing. 1-5, did have 6 rebounds and marginally competed on the defensive end. The one shot he hit was a sweet 3. No way that guy is 31. He looks 35 and on his last legs. BI isn't ready yet, so Deng needs to eat some minutes up....but he looks uninspired and unathletic.

Tarik - No issue with the guy at guy at all, very high motor...very competitive...just not all that talented. BOS is a pretty athletic team, so he didn't "out athlete" anybody, so his numbers were average to poor...but he tries and I like his effort last night and in general.

Nick Young - Nice game. 5-10 from 3 point range, 3 Rbs, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block. Finished with 17 points. Having a good year and another good game from his last night.

BI - 5-10 from the field, which is great for him. Competed nicely on the defensive glass. One of his better games in a while. Air balled an open 3...unacceptable for a #2 pick who's strength was supposed to be shooting. This summer he needs to add 5-10 lbs of muscle and work on his 3 points shooting, a lot. If Kobe is available for a week I'd love to have him show both BI and DLO his routine. I think it consisted of at least 1000 shots a day, each from various points...but he wouldn't allow himself to move from one point to the next until hit X in a row from a certain point. Both these guys need some type of routine like that.

Nance - 18-11, great game for him. Unfortunately with his crones and the associated treatments I understand he gets....these high energy games come and go. Big fan though.

Zubac - thought you weren't giving those minutes back, breh.

Marcelo - Played well offensively organizing the guys and relucatantly took a 3 and made it. Defensively, he's the YMCA guy. He tries, just not athletic at all.

Nick and Nance played well enough to win

DLO, Lou and BI both contributed to what could have been a win

JC, Deng and Mosgov made sure they didn't.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: