Plea to Magic- please read!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
What will you say 5 years later if we stick with this group and are 30-52? If you can make a deal that makes the team better you do it. Bottom line...We want to win..we want to get better. Having said that the first guy you ship out is Jim Buss.

What will you say 5 years later when all the young guys we traded away are blowing up on other teams and the "superstar(s)" we trade them for are over the hill?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I think we should keep the guys we have and retool around them. maybe trade clarkson and randle with the contracts of moz and/or deng for a star player who is disgruntled.

that way we keep ingram and Dlo
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Nah, you don't speak for all of us. My patience is running thin. 4 straight years near the bottom and I'm not seeing enough improvement on the court to give me great hope for the future. Someone needs to hold Jim and Mitch accountable and shake things up. Not sure if Magic is that guy but it can't get worse than it has been.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
King Randle wrote:
What will you say 5 years later if we stick with this group and are 30-52? If you can make a deal that makes the team better you do it. Bottom line...We want to win..we want to get better. Having said that the first guy you ship out is Jim Buss.

What will you say 5 years later when all the young guys we traded away are blowing up on other teams and the "superstar(s)" we trade them for are over the hill?

Then you say, we shoulda kept Mitch Kupchak and not roll with no magic Magic... probably
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Nah, you don't speak for all of us. My patience is running thin. 4 straight years near the bottom and I'm not seeing enough improvement on the court to give me great hope for the future. Someone needs to hold Jim and Mitch accountable and shake things up. Not sure if Magic is that guy but it can't get worse than it has been.

There's one primary reason for the 4 yr drought. The Kobe Extension. So if you're going to be upset with the FO, be upset with them for that.

We could have ripped off the band aid 3-4 years ago.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

There's one primary reason for the 4 yr drought. The Kobe Extension. So if you're going to be upset with the FO, be upset with them for that.

We could have ripped off the band aid 3-4 years ago.

Nope that's not the primary reason. Not even close. They've had plenty of cap space and opportunities to make moves but have failed to produce anything positive with it. Just look at what they did when Kobe's salary expired: Deng and Mozgov.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh well, at least I tried to talk some sense into the guy.

Thanks Magic for wanting to turn us into the Knicks.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Plea to Magic- please read!

adkindo wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Laker fans are fine with a rebuild, we are patient! We want it done right. Please give the kids a chance to grow together and improve!

We are standing by this young and exciting team. Please do not blow it up for a win now mentality that won't get us past the Warriors anyway.

Thank you for your time and welcome back! You are my all time favorite Laker!

spoken as someone who is not a season ticket holder and paying for tickets

kind of a cheap shot...or at least came out that way. As someone who has purchased NBA season tickets in multiple years past, I know they are not an inexpensive purchase, and I imagine Orlando's costs are less than the cost of Laker tickets in LA. Since it is a cost that everyone can not reasonably afford, it is not an indication of the level of fan or passion one holds for the team. Again, especially at venues like Staples and MSG which have 1000's of seats held by individuals and corporations that have them more for the social status, than the basketball entertainment.

I know I have went into the weeds here, but its great that you have season tickets, and its great that they are within your budget, but it doesn't segregate someone's opinion who does not have season tickets into a category of less value.

I'm sure that was not the intent of the statement, but that is how I read it.

You swiped that crap like Mt Mutombo!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: