ESPN's Top 25 under 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Where's Okafor?
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Thon maker at 24, ahead of Randle totally invalidates the list. Last time I checked Thon has played 25 games, is averaging 5 minutes and hasn't had an assist...not one, the whole season.

Also, Porzingis/Embiid/Jokic/Gobert are all better than Kylie huh? Irving is averaging 24 points a game with 40% 3 point shooting...lol....list is a joke.

You wouldn't happen to be a substitute teacher would you?
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
6 of those 8 bigs in the top 10 have awfully good guard skills.

Kind of follows though doesn't it? Bigs must be mobile on offense so the lane doesn't get clogged for the whole potential of offenses geared toward current NBA rules to be unlocked. Passing skills at least are at a premium and shooting and ball-handling skills are a huge prize. OTOH, despite the ability to get a bucket reliably, traditional style low-post scorers like Okafor are fool's gold-they literally make everyone else on the floor less effective. 1)they slow down/stop ball movement & 2) they're in the way of others driving or cutting.

Ergo, the perfect player for today's NBA is essentially an overgrown Durant with a ferocious commitment to rim protection extending much farther out than the traditional Mutumbo-esque zone.

That's the crazy part. Those Cs with guard skills? They can also get points reliably in the post. Difference is, they don't really backdown guys for jump hooks. They just face up and take short jumpers or drive. Ball goes to the same place. Move takes similar amounts of time.

Look at how much more passing options they have too when facing up, in the low, mid or high post-can see cutters, guys spotting up in either corner, targets for lobs. I mean, that whole "tall point guard who can see over the defense" thing-who can't Embiid, etc not see over? Yeah, we've got some nice prospects, but we need a unicorn!
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

David Thorpe's list seems weird with people like Thon Maker. He does camps in Africa...may be he has some biases based on past affiliation. The other two are reasonable. Also, this list is about future potentiall...as of today Kyrie is better than most of the top guys but he is also 3-4 years older.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: