5 Questions the L.A. Lakers Must Answer Before 2017 NBA Trade Deadline
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

Between Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, Zubac, and D-Lo, I don't think Lakers could get rid of more than 3 of them. You don't dump the whole lot for a couple stars.

If it were me, I'd keep D-Lo and Zubac (even though I'm not a fan of D-Lo, I think he would be the hardest to legitimately replace via free agency and I doubt Lakers trade for a PG with so many bigger needs to fill).

Moz and Deng contracts are certainly killers, but just because they're being paid so much doesn't mean they have to start. If Lakers can get Butler or Cousins or similar caliber talent and dump those contracts, then that's YUUUGE.

But, again, if it were me, no way I trade Nance or lose Black. Not superstars, but I see them as hustle guys for cheap and can be the glue that holds units together. Perfect complements to go with superstars (if Lakers ever get any).

Young, Lou are tradeable, but only one of them. I'm fine keeping Young, since Lou has more value, and Nick's D has improved, and he works well as a deep spot up threat.

Huertas, Calderon, Robinson are all expendable, IMO. And for the love of God, MWP, please retire!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No need for Oak. I'd rather invest in Zubac who has better 2 way potential.

I won't go as far as no need.

Zub hasn't had enough PT for me make a educated assessment. I'm with you on investing in him. He seems to have a solid upside.
76ers will want a real asset for him (think something like JC + something else). No thanks when we have Zub who may be a better 2 way player.
They may. I'm not against Zub. I'd like to see more of him. Keep in mind, he's only 19.

We're loaded at the G. JC + wouldn't be a bad trade according to what the + is. Personally I don't like his game. To much ISO and poor decision making with the ball in his hands. I think he's selfish. Also he very inconsistent.

I'm of the school that builds from the inside out. Golden State has changed the game to being G oriented. There are no more Curry, Thompson duos. They're an anomaly. Have to say the Dubs make it entertaining.

The game is in transition but I think the door will revolve to being a big mans game again. That means players like Zub an Oak will once again be pertinent.

By the By: Worthy and Horry think Zubac's going to prove to be a great player.

Have to say.....I just like Jahlil Okafor.
Mitch has a great philosophy, gather as much assets as possible to be ready for a great trade that can occur at any time.

DLO and JC are talented players but neither have displayed any strong or consistency in being the general floor leader. IF the Lakers are able to draft Ball or Fultz(?) as a lottery choice - a BallFultz, DLO and JC is a great guard combination to have on the team. With LouWill (30) and Swaggy (31) both 10 years older than the youngsters, their time with the Lakers (in the long run) will be seen on other teams - unfortunately since they have been productive and good teammates

IMHO, Blake (along with DJ) would not be effective on a team with no floor general/PG similar to CP3 - as noted by the recent performances of the Clips. Butler is like Paul George are very good players, not superstars

It is great to have Magic part of the team to evaulate talent, though we should not forget that he was "All In" on the Steve Nash trade
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: