The Knicks willl be absolute monster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Chances Melo stays a Knick after the trade deadline? I mean you gotta be pretty bad to get blown out by our squad at home.

It's not as easy as just dumping the guy to whoever will take him. He has to agree to it. Several different requirements need to be satisfied.

1. The team receiving him has to be a contender or Melo will not waive his no-trade.

2. The team receiving him has to be able to send back 27M. What contending team has the assets to do that and is willing? Cleveland with Love? Isola is the guy who keeps harping on this and he bats around .000000001.

3. The trade parts coming back has to satisfy the Knicks.

27M. Aging "star". Albatross contract. No-trade clause. Good luck Knicks. Maybe the Clippers and some of their highly paid role players?

Boston has the space AND the pieces for him and can actually be a problem team in the East.

Or Washington for that matter.

I'm tired of only the western conference teams having stacked rosters and the only one in the East is Cleveland.

Send Melo to Washington or Boston and let's make things interesting.

Since the Knicks were so desperate to trade Melo that they'd take Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers for him...

I'd say Boston offering

Knicks Get:
Nets 1st Round pick
Amir Johnson
Jaylen Brown
Jonas Jerekbo

Celtics Get:
Carmelo Anthony

That fits financially as well as Boston remaining strong enough to contend which will make Carmelo waive his No Trade Clause.

It also nets the Knicks, Jaylen Brown as well as Amir Johnson and the Nets 1st round pick which is gonna be 1st or 2nd likely.

Much better deal than Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers for the Knicks future. It also means that The Knicks keep their pick as well, so they'd be drafting 1st/2nd and another top 8 pick cause they'll likely fall into the bottom 8 if not the bottom 5.

So essentially the Knicks could draft Fultz/Ball along with Issac, Dennis Smith or Ntilikina, at worst they draft 3rd and they'd go with Jackson.

Imagine that, the Knicks add

Dennis Smith Jr and Josh Jackson to their team.

Their starting lineup becomes

Dennis Smith Jr.
Josh Jackson
Jaylen Brown
Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez

Not bad at all.

Then in the off-season they throw MONEY in restricted free agency at Nerlens Noel and get him to sign the offer sheet, forcing the 76ers to have to make a choice.

If Philly doesn't match...

Dennis Smith Jr.
Josh Jackson
Jaylen Brown
Kristaps Porzingis
Nerlens Noel

Again... not bad for the first year of a proper rebuild.

Also once they move Carmelo, they can work on moving Rose, to free up that cap, and then trying to move Noah and freeing up that cap. Which would give them enough room to offer Noel something the Sixers wouldn't match and also offer max's to free agents such as Gordon Hayward though he likely doesn't give them a sit down unless they sell him as their franchises future.

And on the flipside the Celtics can play Carmelo at the 4 where he belongs now

Isaiah Thomas
Avery Bradley
Jae Crowder
Carmelo Anthony
Al Horford

Which considering how well the Celtics have been playing is enough to get them over the hump, because then Carmelo has talent, and is able to play the 4 in an offense that will also fit him.

So, it works out for both sides.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

^^^ Phil would be tripping over himself trying to agree to that trade MJST. No way Boston gives up that much when they have all the leverage. Would be a sweet deal for NY no doubt

Palin wrote:
The best scenario would be a trade with Jazz for Favors. Favors would fit really well next to Porz and Melo at PF would be real good with Hill-Hood-Hayward-Gobert lineup. Utah needs someone like Melo tbh. The biggest problem is no trade clause because there is no chance Melo and her wife moving to Utah.

Best trade for both teams from a basketball perspective. But won't happen for the reasons you stated
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Melo and his wife in Salt Lake City.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
^^^ Phil would be tripping over himself trying to agree to that trade MJST. No way Boston gives up that much when they have all the leverage. Would be a sweet deal for NY no doubt

Palin wrote:
The best scenario would be a trade with Jazz for Favors. Favors would fit really well next to Porz and Melo at PF would be real good with Hill-Hood-Hayward-Gobert lineup. Utah needs someone like Melo tbh. The biggest problem is no trade clause because there is no chance Melo and her wife moving to Utah.

Best trade for both teams from a basketball perspective. But won't happen for the reasons you stated

Only other deal I could see making sense where Melo didn't waive his no trade clause

Would be

Knicks Get:
Wizard's 1st Round Pick
Markieff Morris
Kelly Oubre
Ian Mahimi

Wizards Get:
Carmelo Anthony

Starting lineup for Wizards:
John Wall
Bradley Beal
Otto Porter Jr.
Carmelo Anthony
Marcin Gortat

Again, would be another team in the east putting together something that could give Cleveland problems. The Wizards or the Celtics tbh should be the two teams trying to get Carmelo for that kind of price he's being offered.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Anyone think that Blake leaves the Clips if Melo comes? How do you distribute touches/shots b/w CP3, Blake, Melo?

The Clippers are a good and willing passing team. If the Dubs can find ways to distribute shots for Steph, Klay, and KD I think the Clips can too.

If anyone leaves the Clips after this season, I expect it to be CP3 to chase a ring.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Anyone think that Blake leaves the Clips if Melo comes? How do you distribute touches/shots b/w CP3, Blake, Melo?

The Clippers are a good and willing passing team. If the Dubs can find ways to distribute shots for Steph, Klay, and KD I think the Clips can too.

If anyone leaves the Clips after this season, I expect it to be CP3 to chase a ring.

I feel like Blake/Melo would get in each other's way a bit.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I feel like Blake/Melo would get in each other's way a bit.

They do both like to operate down on the block but Melo can also move out to the perimeter and he's better at it than either Aminu or Wes Johnson.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

There is zero chance Boston would give up the Nets pick for Melo. None.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

ESPN said that Boston showed no interest in trading for Carmelo when they reported possible trade with clippers. I think they are aiming for Hayward in FA. Carmelo is making no impact on the Knicks in a weak East so I don't think many teams want to take on his contract. Cavs would be a good option, but they can't match salaries without Love. I think he will end up with Clippers. Phil will get rid of him for role players.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chances Melo stays a Knick after the trade deadline? I mean you gotta be pretty bad to get blown out by our squad at home.

I would say around 99%. I would say that the chances of Melo outlasting Phil in NY are pretty high.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I would say around 99%. I would say that the chances of Melo outlasting Phil in NY are pretty high.

If you're Melo, would you rather go to the Clippers if they don't gut their team, or stay in that cesspool? I think he is ready to move on. And if you're Phil, after all this, even if you just accept one marginally decent young player (Rivers), another prospect (Brice Johnson), and salary filler just to rid yourself of Melo's contract and start over and tank, isn't that your best play at this point? That's why I still think there's a decent chance that he gets moved, and that the Clippers make the most sense if so.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Melo in a Clipper uniform, especially if they don't have to break up their big 3 players. Face it they should be desperate if they want to win a championship and now is the time to make a move especially since CP3 and Blake have player options for next year. Will they leave the Clippers in free agency? Probably not, but if they just stand still and do nothing and get creamed again in the playoffs what incentive would there be for both players to stay in the same situation other than getting paid?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Stefan Bondy‏Verified account @SBondyNYDN 26m26 minutes ago
More
The triangle is back and Jeff Hornacek said management will use remaining months to determine which players fit system and which don't.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Quote:
More
The triangle is back and Jeff Hornacek said management will use remaining months to determine which players fit system and which don't.

You've got to be kidding me.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Quote:
More

You've got to be kidding me.

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Bass ackwards - make the system fit the players.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Hey it's artificial turf after all. I thought it was real green grass in this thread!
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Man, the OP and following comments are hilarious to read today.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

I thought the triangle would be perfect for Melo. He can still iso, ball would be in his hands, 3 point shooters on the weak side... guess not
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Quote:
More

Sounds like how we closed the shutters in 2005 after Rudy Tutti got out.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Man, the OP and following comments are hilarious to read today.

Slapstick comedy.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So has Derrick Rose grown more comfortable with team president Phil Jackson's preferred offense recently?

"S---, do I have a choice? Do I have a choice?" Rose said to reporters in Philadelphia after the Knicks held a workout there Thursday. "I just want to win games. Winning takes care of every category for an athlete."

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

Rose probably wants to stay in the NY market, but I can see him leaving for another team as a free agent if he feels like he can fit better.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
So has Derrick Rose grown more comfortable with team president Phil Jackson's preferred offense recently?

"S---, do I have a choice? Do I have a choice?" Rose said to reporters in Philadelphia after the Knicks held a workout there Thursday. "I just want to win games. Winning takes care of every category for an athlete."

Ringing endorsement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to: