Jerry West intrigued about possible return to Lakers this Summer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

If Jerry West came back to the Lakers he could easily have the same role he's got at Golden State or just an advisor role for the Lakers. As he wouldn't be working every day same with Magic really.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^
Look, if you want to make an argument as to why you don't like what Jim has done in the FO, go ahead. But don't mislead people with your argument.

The fact is that Jim Buss became the assistant GM in 1998. He wasn't just "sitting in meetings." My point was that Jerry has worked with him before, and that I don't see Jim's presence here as a deterrent to Jerry returning. That's all.

Bingo. There's not a single indicative that Jim and Jerry West don't like each other.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
2019 wrote:
tlim wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
tlim wrote:
Time to come home, Jerry. By the time you're back, you won't have to deal with Buss Jr.

The Buss Jrs own the Lakers, he will have to deal with them. And isn't West a part owner of the Warriors? That could certainly get sticky. But we see too many articles like these where West said that he is working on extending with the Warriors and nothing about coming to the Lakers. The title has little to do with the content.

I thought he's a consultant?
Regardless, he's set them up for the next 10 years. Nothing left to do over there but watch it play out.

If his interest lies in the process of building and shaping culture, rosters, and franchises, then LA would be an amazing story to end his career.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170107/heisler-lakers-should-focus-on-jim-buss-out-jerry-west-in

Sorry, but I'm of the opinion that Jim is still a kid in the candy store and really should surround himself with a lot better overall talent or walk away.

For Jerry to listen to Jim would be a stretch and his voice is nearly useless. Jim should really just step down and let the guys who've done it for a long time, and really, the LOGO do his thing. He literally walks on water with the players as well as other GMs and other organizations. With him and Mitch together again without a fly buzzing around to distract them, they would really know how to get to the playoffs and the next level again.

Give West a part of the team and I'm sure he'd come back again.

Jerry wouldn't come back to work for VP Jim Buss. IMO, the scenario would be would be with Mitch and Ryan so that eventually Ryan could take over for Mitch.

Jim has no business speaking basketball with Jerry.

Jim has been a part of the Laker FO since the late 1990's. He's worked with Jerry before. There are no indications that Jerry doesn't like Jim.

No Jim was downing beers and training horses in the 90's. His daddy owned the Lakers so he was allowed to sit in on team meetings and eventually was old enough to give his opinion. His dad, as part of his dying wish, left him to be in charge of basketball ops officially for the first time... he's since failed.

It's not about liking Jim. It's that Jim knows zilch in comparison to Jerry "THE LOGO" West. No reason for Jim to be in that room anymore. Sit back, and enable your sister and your new employees to do their jobs.

Technically, Jim would Jerry's boss anyway since he's owner but that's all he should be. I've been one who historically defended Jim (and Mitch) but the past 2 years and how we ended up here combined with how we spent the money this past summer has changed my opinion greatly.

Jim (and Mitch) has failed in every plan thus far-- Dwight, Melo, LMA, Monroe, Durant/DeMar/Whiteside/Horford, etc. The basketball gods watched over him and we lucked into keeping our picks and by a mixture of poor execution and probability, we're a rebuilding team. I'm okay with building through the draft but it was never either Jim nor Mitch's intention of doing that until they struck out everywhere else. If they had actually planned on this, Jim would never have given himself a deadline but instead explained how hard and long a rebuild is.

Jim has to go. I trust Mitch as a cap guy and evaluator of talent but a visionary he is not. That's West and partly Magic.

Sounds good to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: