Jerry Sandusky Is Found Guilty on 45 of 48 Counts in Child Sexual Abuse Case (Pg.2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
anyone feel like Sandusky going to prison is like a kid locked up in a candy store for life? I don't know...

Uhhh no.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:
anyone feel like Sandusky going to prison is like a kid locked up in a candy store for life? I don't know...

So you're under the impression that a man who enjoys raping children will enjoy being raped by adults?

Sandusky gives me that impression... he's gonna have a holiday! lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:

So you're under the impression that a man who enjoys raping children will enjoy being raped by adults?

You've got an extremely warped view of this situation.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Bynum08 wrote:
Freeh report was released this morning.

http://assets.espn.go.com/pdf/2012/0712/psupressrelease.pdf

Quote:
The 267-page report released Thursday is the result of an eight-month inquiry by former FBI director Louis Freeh, hired by university trustees weeks after Sandusky was arrested in November to look into what has become one of sports' biggest scandals.

The report concluded that Paterno, president Graham Spanier, athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz "failed to protect against a child sexual predator harming children for over a decade."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8159195/report-says-penn-state-senior-officials-disregarded-children-welfare

The hammer of Thor should be brought down on this program.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Sandusky is a predator who preyed on young, weak, children. That type of person is not the kind of person who likes being on the receiving end of that abuse.

He was doing the penetrating. Now he will be penetrated and beaten. I can't imagine anyone looking forward to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Sandusky is a predator who preyed on young, weak, children. That type of person is not the kind of person who likes being on the receiving end of that abuse.

He was doing the penetrating. Now he will be penetrated and beaten. I can't imagine anyone looking forward to that.

Unfortunately that won't be occurring. He will be segregated from the rest of the population for his own protection.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Death Penalty. Put this program to bed.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:

JoePa was nothing than a conniving, self-absorbed liar. He lied, to his death, about not knowing about the incident in 1998.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
JoePa was nothing than a conniving, self-absorbed liar. He lied, to his death, about not knowing about the incident in 1998.

I thought Dan Wetzel summed him up nicely in his column today:

Quote:
The reason Paterno was able to wield such influence is the outsized value placed on college sports and the coaches who deliver those winning programs. A "pyramid of power," Freeh described it. And anyone pointing to all the players he helped is just repeating the same pathetic concept.

Paterno did help his football players. Those men, however, were heavily recruited, talented and often highly motivated people. If they hadn't gone to Penn State they would've gone to Michigan or Virginia or Notre Dame.

For decades he found a way to take top-line kids and maximize what they could do, usually by motivating them to excel at a sport they already loved. They were subject to mass adulation and had the potential to become millionaires at the professional level.

He wasn't taking illiterate third-world children and getting them to Harvard. Almost every person Paterno positively impacted through football would have fared similarly had Penn State not even fielded a team. They just would have played elsewhere. Bo Schembechler or Lou Holtz or Bobby Bowden would've coached them up in football and life, just like Paterno did.

Conversely, the kids that Jerry Sandusky tricked, molested and in certain ways destroyed wouldn't have lived the same life had Paterno done the right thing. They were attacked, out of nowhere. Without fault. Without provocation. Without the opportunity to create their own destiny.

The lives of these kids were profoundly and forever destroyed because of the actions of Sandusky, Spanier, Schultz, Curley and, yes, Joe Paterno.
There could never be enough victories, enough perfect graduation rates, enough national championships to justify that.

Joe Paterno was a great influence on men who were already likely to live great lives, men who could help him win football games.
He was a failure to those Second Mile boys who had no such talents, no such opportunity, no parade of recruiters looking to offer them scholarships. He turned his back on the very kids that were desperate for the kind of hero that Joe Paterno's former legacy claimed he was all about.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Unfortunately that won't be occurring. He will be segregated from the rest of the population for his own protection.

So you mean the guards will be providing the "punishment"?
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

I thought Dan Wetzel summed him up nicely in his column today:

Quote:
The reason Paterno was able to wield such influence is the outsized value placed on college sports and the coaches who deliver those winning programs. A "pyramid of power," Freeh described it. And anyone pointing to all the players he helped is just repeating the same pathetic concept.

Paterno did help his football players. Those men, however, were heavily recruited, talented and often highly motivated people. If they hadn't gone to Penn State they would've gone to Michigan or Virginia or Notre Dame.

For decades he found a way to take top-line kids and maximize what they could do, usually by motivating them to excel at a sport they already loved. They were subject to mass adulation and had the potential to become millionaires at the professional level.

He wasn't taking illiterate third-world children and getting them to Harvard. Almost every person Paterno positively impacted through football would have fared similarly had Penn State not even fielded a team. They just would have played elsewhere. Bo Schembechler or Lou Holtz or Bobby Bowden would've coached them up in football and life, just like Paterno did.

Conversely, the kids that Jerry Sandusky tricked, molested and in certain ways destroyed wouldn't have lived the same life had Paterno done the right thing. They were attacked, out of nowhere. Without fault. Without provocation. Without the opportunity to create their own destiny.

The lives of these kids were profoundly and forever destroyed because of the actions of Sandusky, Spanier, Schultz, Curley and, yes, Joe Paterno.
There could never be enough victories, enough perfect graduation rates, enough national championships to justify that.

Joe Paterno was a great influence on men who were already likely to live great lives, men who could help him win football games.
He was a failure to those Second Mile boys who had no such talents, no such opportunity, no parade of recruiters looking to offer them scholarships. He turned his back on the very kids that were desperate for the kind of hero that Joe Paterno's former legacy claimed he was all about.

Great article, tnx for sharing. I'd like to see the faces of those who demonstrated against the firing of JoePa. What are they going to tell their kids later? "I once joined a demonstration in support of a great man."?
If anyone could get an award posthumously, then why not the opposite?JoePa should be stripped of all the awards he had received.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:

So you mean the guards will be providing the "punishment"?

I hear the State Penn of the State of Penn is hiring vets from Abu Ghraib..
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/13/jerry-sanduskys-adopted-son-arrested-for-sexually-assaulting-a-child/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: