Legion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Legion

I didn't see a thread about this new FX/Marvel show about Professor X's kid that premiered last week. It was surprisingly very good - almost felt like a feature-length movie with the 1.5 hour length. I was a bit skeptical about them going in a more artsy direction compared to the typical comic book material, but the trailer had me hopeful and the premiere definitely delivered. I don't even usually notice this type of stuff, but the cinematography and art direction was excellent.

As far as storytelling goes, the flashbacks and showing events from different POVs (or even David's POV again, but with more details) is definitely something that's going to make this show stand out (other shows do it, but Legion is clearly on another level) and keep people hooked and asking questions, though I could see it getting old if they keep abusing it. But it really did its job in the first episode, especially during the interrogation scenes. The suspense was built up very well, and all in all, they were pretty good with setting up some mysteries for the rest of the season while at the same time answering some things within the episode.

Thoughts from anyone else who was able to catch it?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I didn't even know what I was watching. Too confusing. I'm going to watch the next episode and hope it becomes slightly more straight-forward. And don't get me wrong, I like a good mind-bending visual experience. But I don't like feeling like I have absolutely no idea what is going on.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Thought it was awesome. Can't believe it got made.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

It was amazing. Knowing Legion's powers beforehand helps a lot. Now I can't explain 100% of the things that happened but I'm fine with that. Amazing show, FX just keeps killing it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I didn't even know what I was watching. Too confusing. I'm going to watch the next episode and hope it becomes slightly more straight-forward. And don't get me wrong, I like a good mind-bending visual experience. But I don't like feeling like I have absolutely no idea what is going on.

You're not alone. I had to watch it twice (the second time sober) and was still left wondering if the mental hospital was real or not and whether David was the one who sealed all the patients in their rooms.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

It's like 12 Monkeys meets Fringe.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping the second episode would give a clearer definition of what the show is about and sadly I think it has: a self-indulgent, nostalgic exploration of the human consciousness. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no external enemy whatsoever.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject:

Really like this show. Episode tonight was amazzzzing cinematically, just wow. I actually thought "Legion" was a group of heros when I first started watching
I really like the love story myself..
So much is brilliant to me about this show - how the villain was reviled, the cinematography, the creativity in the writing.
Damn, love everything about the show.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: