Help identifying Kobe game/performance

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Help identifying Kobe game/performance

I was watching Kobe Bryant's Sportscentury special and I came across this clip:

Description: An afroed Kobe posts up 6ers Eric Snow and hits his patented turn around jumpshot on him. Marv Albert narrates: "...despite the fact he's played in pain. *KOBE HITS SHOT* "Hits AGAIN! We're looking at a Michael Jordan-type performance."

Can anyone identify which game this is from?

My first thought was the 2001 Finals, but I couldn't find anything that matched that clip.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to guess game 3 of that series? I know he started that game ON FIYAH and we basically took their hearts out. I remember the crowd went dead silent and they just knew the series was over at that point.

Paging NPZ with the footage...
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I'm going to guess game 3 of that series? I know he started that game ON FIYAH and we basically took their hearts out. I remember the crowd went dead silent and they just knew the series was over at that point.

Game 3 was a road game. In the Sportscentury clip Kobe is wearing home gold uniform.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

It's possible they used footage from a game different than the Marv Albert quote.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like 2 different Marv Clips spliced into one. That "oh" after the shot sounds like Walt Frazier and not Doug Collins which means they may have taken that first clip from an MSG network Knicks broadcast.

Kobe's sportscentury was released in December of 04. Marv got shetcanned by NBC before 97-98 which is when Kobe started getting minutes, then re-hired him in 00-01. That leaves 4 years of Marv calling Lakers games on the weekends + the Finals in 01 & 02. I don't think any of those soundbytes came from any of the Finals games.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
It sounds like 2 different Marv Clips spliced into one. That "oh" after the shot sounds like Walt Frazier and not Doug Collins which means they may have taken that first clip from an MSG network Knicks broadcast.

Kobe's sportscentury was released in December of 04. Marv got shetcanned by NBC before 97-98 which is when Kobe started getting minutes, then re-hired him in 00-01. That leaves 4 years of Marv calling Lakers games on the weekends + the Finals in 01 & 02. I don't think any of those soundbytes came from any of the Finals games.

You're detective skills are being wasted on a pantie eater.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I'm sayin 12/25/01 vs PHI. NBC, obviously.

It's hazy, but if you pause the vid at the right moments (it took me a bunch of times), you can see a whitish blur on the R side of both his and Snow's jerseys. It's very abstract, much like the stain on Monica's dress, but that's either the 9/11 ribbon patch that was on all players' jerseys in 2001/02 or it's some kind of Xmas game logo stupidity and that white blur is a snowflake or some sh. Don't get me started on that Xmas idiocy. They only played the Sixers on Xmas that season (01/2).

http://tinyurl.com/z97ff7g

I'd put money on this one. I'm confident.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

I will not judge. I figure there are copious clothes hamper divers at LG.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Just checking in.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Just checking in.

Have you ever sniffed the butt string part? Tell us all if you're an advanced level sniffer. You can tell us, my d00d. We're all broz here.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Just checking in.

Have you ever sniffed the butt string part? Tell us all if you're an advanced level sniffer. You can tell us, my d00d. We're all broz here.

You haven't seen his band, String Stain? The logo is pretty similar to Kobe's shoe logo, music is good, too.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

You haven't seen his band, String Stain? The logo is pretty similar to Kobe's shoe logo, music is good, too.

Haha. That could either be a rap or metal name.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: