***** Sacramento at Lakers 2/14/17 7:30PM PT *****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
no one would be mad at winning games if it was because of DLO or Brandon Ingram or Zu or even Randle.

I don't see anything positive coming out of winning a game because Lou had 30 points. That doesn't help develop our young guys, it's not gonna attract free agents, it's not going to get us in the playoffs. It does NOTHING but justify him getting more minutes.

I'll gladly say (bleep) the tank and go 500 from this point on if that was because DLO/Randle/Ingram/Zu were getting 30-32 minutes and winning games through random flashes but that's not whats happening.

Bingo.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Not really? I'd be fine with a loss if it wasn't just Lou being Kobe from last season.

Me too. The only rationale is they want to showcase Lou but seriously this BS needs to stop.

definitely. I'm just not invested in winning if it's because of the vets.
Winning at this time of the season is practically pointless unless we're playing DLo, Ingram, Randle and Zubac. Especially in our case where we have a chance to lose two first round picks (jeez, that trade was the turning point of our fortune).

Here's a thought: maybe the young guys are not prepared to carry us to wins yet at there early stage.

I'm fine with vets being a good example to the youth.

So what if they're not prepared, at least it's a learning experience. At this point, we're not expecting them to win much, a lot of fans just want to see them develop.

They won't learn much by rotting on the bench while watching a vet "set a good example". Exp. share don't exist in the real world.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
If Cousins had the right coach and changed his mentality a bit, he could be the best player in the league.

Wasn't that Luke's strength with Draymond? Just sayin'

If you want Cousins, we have to be a winning team by the end of next season.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Russell and Randle must be injured. Why else do you lose on purpose and not have the kids in their.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Grind wrote:
If it wasn't for Boogie being a complete dumbass, Sact would have won this one easily. So there's that.

Yeah, his 40/12/8 was downright embarrassing.

His goaltend gave the Lakers momentum.

You do realize that without him they would be brutally terrible, right? I mean, Nets territory.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
If Cousins had the right coach and changed his mentality a bit, he could be the best player in the league.

and cap space which we won't have thanks to Mozgov and Deng, and thanks to the CBA it will really hard for Cousins to turn down $200 million dollars from Sacramento.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

IMO boogie is a little misunderstood. Guy wants to win; I'm sure being on bad kings teams has made him snap more than under normal circumstances.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Not really? I'd be fine with a loss if it wasn't just Lou being Kobe from last season.

Me too. The only rationale is they want to showcase Lou but seriously this BS needs to stop.

Winning at this time of the season is practically pointless unless we're playing DLo, Ingram, Randle and Zubac. Especially in our case where we have a chance to lose two first round picks (jeez, that trade was the turning point of our fortune).

Here's a thought: maybe the young guys are not prepared to carry us to wins yet at there early stage.

So what if they're not prepared, at least it's a learning experience. At this point, we're not expecting them to win much, a lot of fans just want to see them develop.

They won't learn much by rotting on the bench while watching a vet "set a good example". Exp. share don't exist in the real world.

Right, so will you be happy if Lakers start bench Lou and we end up having 20 games lossing streak and each game lossing by at least 10 points or more?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:

The vets aren't doing a very good job of getting wins either.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

and cap space which we won't have thanks to Mozgov and Deng, and thanks to the CBA it will really hard for Cousins to turn down $200 million dollars from Sacramento.

Cap space can be gotten without problem if Cousins is signed on for coming.

Not too foreign of a concept to grasp.

If the Lakers got Cousins to commit to coming there, space would be made. That isn't gonna be an issue.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
shame to see some Lakers fans afraid of winning.

Losing is a disease and it's contagious.

We will care about winning again when this whole draft pick mess ends after this season.

Thats bull[expletive] and also proves my point.

Because that's the same [expletive] excuse after every 'cheer for losing' season of the past 3 seasons. That's why losing is a disease and it's contagious.

Like an addict looking for a hit, it's "just one more time, and then I'll quit."

You're never gonna quit till you stop being afraid of losing and putting off 'wanting to win' for 'one more year'.

Till then it's bull[expletive] with the "oh just one more year then we'll care about winning.".

That's the addiction.

Lmao. You're talking like we have any influence over whether the Lakers win or lose. Newsflash: we don't. I used to be dead set against the tank too, but reality has set in for me. IMO, us winni games because Lou and/or Nick goes nuts does absolutely no good for the long term prospects of our team since they almost certainly won't be a part of the next Laker team to be a contender. So I'd prefer we lose games rather than leaning on Lou or Nick to win. I'm not a player, though, so me thinking "max our chances at keeping our pick in a loaded year" means jack and (bleep) to the long term prospects of our team. Your refusing to support the tank also means jack and (bleep) to the team because you, like me, have zero influence on the team because we are fans, not players. So who the hell cares if we are ready to "quit" the tank or hope for another draft pick? The addiction you seem to think fans will fall into means nothing.

Last edited by mhan00 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

The most important factor is how competitive we are. Golden States created cap space to sign KD. Yes, the new CBA makes it even less likely but the bottom line is we need to build a winning team first.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:

Right, so will you be happy if Lakers start bench Lou and we end up having 20 games lossing streak and each game lossing by at least 10 points or more?

I'm fine with it. We watch/appreciate the Lakers differently I think.

I find it hard to cheer on a losing season, where we have a chance to lose our pick, and the one who's getting us the win is gonna be traded in a few days.

If not for our young core, I won't bother watching.
I'll gladly cheer for a win if they're the ones getting it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:

My point was that the young guys need to show they can make a difference consistently which they haven't done this season.

If we need vets to show us the way then we need to support it even if we are losing, we are competing almost in a nightly basis, even with the help of the young players.. I think next year is when the youth will start to carry the team more.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Grind wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Grind wrote:
If it wasn't for Boogie being a complete dumbass, Sact would have won this one easily. So there's that.

Yeah, his 40/12/8 was downright embarrassing.

His goaltend gave the Lakers momentum.

You do realize that without him they would be brutally terrible, right? I mean, Nets territory.

Ok. He can be a dumbass and still be really talented. They're mutually exclusive.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Welp. Fun but disappointing. I continued to be disappointed by our inability to get rebounds. I know people are probably focused on that final shot which wasn't fantastic but I was more disappointed that we couldn't get that late rebound and maintain possession. Instead they got it back and we ended up fouling Boogie for two free throws. Le Sigh. Oh well, fun game nonetheless...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
shame to see some Lakers fans afraid of winning.

Losing is a disease and it's contagious.

We will care about winning again when this whole draft pick mess ends after this season.

Thats bull[expletive] and also proves my point.

Because that's the same [expletive] excuse after every 'cheer for losing' season of the past 3 seasons. That's why losing is a disease and it's contagious.

Like an addict looking for a hit, it's "just one more time, and then I'll quit."

You're never gonna quit till you stop being afraid of losing and putting off 'wanting to win' for 'one more year'.

Till then it's bull[expletive] with the "oh just one more year then we'll care about winning.".

That's the addiction.

Lmao. You're talking like we have any influence over whether the Lakers win or lose. Newsflash: we don't.

Then it's pointless to root for a loss isn't it
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:

This is a legitimate concern, and I'd argue they are setting a horrible precedent on the defensive end. How many times did Young leave McLemore open tonight? And Lou plays 1 on 5 ball while guys like Nance and Black cover for his ass on the defensive end. The kind of defensive lapses Lou has every game would be unacceptable on a playoff team (see his history in Toronto and Atlanta). Even with the vets playing their asses off, it's still unbalanced, shady play that lends itself to lottery-level ball. Is it really reasonable to say they aren't tanking when Lou and Young play like this? They have a win percentage of 34% over the past two seasons. The games are close but the outcome is usually the same. I mean 3-4 dudes will always get frozen out, and then they'll lack the motivation to get back on defense because of it. RIP ball movement. So disappointed in Luke and the FO. They created this monster.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
augus7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bandiger wrote:

This is a legitimate concern, and I'd argue they are setting a horrible precedent on the defensive end. How many times did Young leave McLemore open tonight? And Lou plays 1 on 5 ball while guys like Nance and Black cover for his ass on the defensive end. The kind of defensive lapses Lou has every game would be unacceptable on a playoff team (see his history in Toronto and Atlanta). Even with the vets playing their asses off, it's still unbalanced, shady play that lends itself to lottery-level ball. Is it really reasonable to say they aren't tanking when Lou and Young play like this? They have a win percentage of 34% over the past two seasons. The games are close but the outcome is usually the same. I mean 3-4 dudes will always get frozen out, and then they'll lack the motivation to get back on defense because of it. RIP ball movement. So disappointed in Luke and the FO. They created this monster.

http://on.nba.com/2kRsPAB

Hey, look who finished the game.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

He is probably going to Boston - Kings are not gonna turn down Jaylen Brown, Fultz and filler.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

He is probably going to Boston - Kings are not gonna turn down Jaylen Brown, Fultz and filler.

Bingo. If it's a deadline deal it's Brown, Fultz, Brooklyn's 18 pick, and Johnson for Cousins, if it's a summer time deal it's that minus Johnson because Boston will have cap space to adsorb the difference.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Perfect game!

Lou dominates 25/5/2/1 in only 24 minutes (increasing his trade value), Lakers lose (necessity) by 1 point (make it appear we're actually competing and not tanking).

I hope the rest of the season go exactly like this game and we move into the 2nd pick slot of the draft.

My only care is the Lakers long term plans of competing for Championship... no matter how many loses it takes to set that up!

Championship?
Illusion turns in delusion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: