LAKERS -at- SUNS – 2-15-17 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
You sound frustrated, DB. But thanks for putting in the work. These kind of games must be especially tough to sit thru as a fan and also given your duties with the T and R.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say thanks and we appreciate the effort!

I was okay with a loss, even losing big...like I said, there's a silver lining against the Suns in that regard...but it just got worse as the game went along, so I had to change up the story line of general disgust for that effort.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

This was a bad time to lose like this. No games to try to change the narrative for the next week and a half or so. Only talk about the Lakers will be tinged by that huge piece of crap.

Ugh. Thanks for the work DB. I pretty much checked out by the third quarter and started reading while the game was on in the background. Dunno how you managed to sit through that whole thing.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
DB,

I feel your pain man. That was tough to sit through.

One of the things I noticed last night (and on many other nights) is when teams pressure our guards everything falls apart. Our guards do not seem to attack the pressure, get into the lane and create. They just pull back further away from the basket hoping the pressure with be relieved so they can start the weave / call for picks. Pressure also causes our guards to go into ISO mode rather than try and set up team mates. If I am wrong please tell me.

Randle looked especially bad against Chriss. Chris was athletic, high energy, working for rebounds and generally out hustling Randle. Granted Chriss was 4-11 from the floor but he is only shooting 35.4% from the field for February any way.

I kind of give Clarkson a pass as I could see the wrist was bothering him but he gave it what he had. No body else was stepping up to pick up his slack.

Zubac had an OK shooting night but Len was abusing him on the glass and offensively. Zubac seems to struggle defensively against player his size but does well against smaller (6'9" or less) players. Did well against NYK and Bucks but struggled against Boogie / Cauley-Stein and Drummond / Baynes.

I am at a loss about what to do with the starters (Randle / Russell) lack of effort / intensity particularly on the defensive end. Luke kept them off the floor at the end of the Kings game trying to send a message about playing with energy gets you more playing time and they both came out flat against the Suns. It was almost like eff you, not going to play me in the fourth last night, I will give half azzed effort tonight. Randle is starting to remind me of Elton Brand. Nice stats but not going to dominate a game or carry a team. Russell is starting to remind me of Jason Williams. Tons of potential but not able to put it all together to move up to the next level.

Hopefully things will get better after the break. If not, we are only 1/2 a game out of the number 2 drafting position which will hopefully get us a shot at a good player.

Some people respond well to positive reinforcement and others to negative reinforcement. Russell seems to respond positively to positive reinforcement and he responds negatively to negative reinforcement.

Whenever he gets minutes, he plays well. Whenever his minutes are cut short, he plays bad especially in the following game. Our coaches have not got this and keep trying to use a punitive, old fashioned way of dealing with him. Hopefully, tonight, getting minutes in the fourth will result in better play in the next game. For this reason, I am not so worried about DLO.

Randle, on the other hand, the issue is with his IQ and style of play. He is a poor IQ player, who loves to play PG and initiate the offense. While for his size and position, he is good at bringing the ball up and initiating; he is by far not our best option especially when DLO is on the court with him. To me, Randle is more worrying especially given his inconsistent, often lazy defense.
Do not know what to do with him, and I am slightly concerned.

As a whole, I feel like DLO and BI are our best talents and our smartest young bball players. They need to be given a much longer leash. Meanwhile, Low IQ guys like JC and JR need to have a much shorter leash so that they can concentrate on more defined roles.

Unfortunately, this year we have done the opposite, giving JC and JR a long leash and DLO an inexplicably short leash.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ If Randle turned out to be Elton Brand, damn that would be nice.

Brands prime years in the NBA (1999-2012) 453 wins 695 losses for a 44.8% win percentage. No thanks.

Do you blame KG for being a 1st round gatekeeper during the prime of his career?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
You sound frustrated, DB. But thanks for putting in the work. These kind of games must be especially tough to sit thru as a fan and also given your duties with the T and R.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say thanks and we appreciate the effort!
I was okay with a loss, even losing big...like I said, there's a silver lining against the Suns in that regard...but it just got worse as the game went along, so I had to change up the story line of general disgust for that effort.
Could one new story line be Magic's reaction to nobody on the team was embarrassed, mad and/or angry at the effort that would have NEVER occurred during Showtime. Does anybody think that Magic, Big Game, Coop, Scott, Michael and Cap accepted this?

Silver lining is that we are 1/2 game behind the Suns so that we won't lose two number 1 draft choices

Team has talented players but are any of them are potential cornerstone players (ala Lebron, Kawhi, KD, Greek Freak, Westbrook, Lillard, Wall, etc.) or floor generals?
Jungorer
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject:

The loss was really unbearable play after play they are just giving up easy baskets man i am so frustrated with our young guys especially randle man this guy is lazy as hell...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Last sentence on my intro on this one:

"These are the kinds of games that certainly don’t sit well with fans. I’m sure they don’t sit well with the powers that be in the Lakers organization … whomever they are these days."

Worst game of season.

All Star Break.

Leaked story about Jim/Mitch failures.

Big news about a failed trade (I think this is just a bonus to the above).

But this was coming.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: