Joel Embiid is a monster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
If you guys are into that sort of thing, Embiid is hysterical on twitter. Very self aware.

He's one of my favorite follows. Dude won the internet forever with this tweet:

Quote:
Joel Embiid ✔ @JoelEmbiid
Well America is tanking!!! All we can do is Trust The Process...
11:51 PM - 8 Nov 2016

I am deceased.

!...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Seems like his knees are beginning to catch up to him. Should the 76ers be worried? Since the injury vs Portland he's missed 7 of the 76ers last 8 games.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Seems like his knees are beginning to catch up to him. Should the 76ers be worried? Since the injury vs Portland he's missed 7 of the 76ers last 8 games.

I think they should be concerned. He's only played 32 minutes in the last 7 games. They may not want to risk further injury by bringing him back to soon. I always think of Grant Hill.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
MJST wrote:

I think they should be concerned. He's only played 32 minutes in the last 7 games. They may not want to risk further injury by bringing him back to soon. I always think of Grant Hill.

As well as Brandon Roy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

http://www.derekbodner.com/2017/02/11/joel-embiid-has-a-torn-meniscus-in-his-left-knee/

Not good. At least it's not going to require surgery though. But this was the worry.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
http://www.derekbodner.com/2017/02/11/joel-embiid-has-a-torn-meniscus-in-his-left-knee/

Not good. At least it's not going to require surgery though. But this was the worry.

I guess the sixers will be holding onto Okafor for now? Darn... I really wanted him
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
MJST wrote:

I guess the sixers will be holding onto Okafor for now? Darn... I really wanted him

I did too. Are you a Laker fan? Many posts I've seen by Laker fans say they don't want him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Doubt it. He's being held out of games now and also didn't make the road trip flight. He's as good as gone.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/830388921989287936

Quote:
#sixers Off Rtg with/without Okafor. Since Embiid's injury on Jan 20. 93.9 with is lowest on team, 106.1 without 2nd highest (Luwawu 106.3)
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
MJST wrote:

I did too. Are you a Laker fan? Many posts I've seen by Laker fans say they don't want him.

Yes, because he's not a very good basketball player.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

This may be why the asking price of Okafor went up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Something tells me Embiid's might not really be injured and the Sixers are tanking again...

Not like I have evidence to back up that claim though..

That must be the most minuscule torn meniscus so bad it's kept him out of 10 games that I've ever heard of
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Most meniscus tears don't require surgery, but they do it to speed up the recovery time

Philly isnt exactly a team that needs to be in a rush (heck it looks like they're leaving Benji out all season)
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

i too think this is them tanking again. (bleep) (bleep)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes, because he's not a very good basketball player.

His stats belie that LINK I believe when he's in a stable, not having to look over his shoulder environment, he'll show a game that will evolve to a good if not excellent one.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
i too think this is them tanking again. (bleep) (bleep)

They won 3 in a row with a certain 1 dimensional center getting DNP's again.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I think it is also three in a row without their last three top picks (Embiid, Okafor and Simmons).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
I think it is also three in a row without their last three top picks (Embiid, Okafor and Simmons).

Noel has been pretty big. Him and Saric had big games. Saric's been tearing it up. Grabbed both guys off waivers last few weeks.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

No market for Okafor? He rejoined the team today....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

New Orleans Pelicans, Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets, Portland Trail Blazers were some of the teams in the trade talks. He could help Denver.

Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
New Orleans Pelicans, Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets, Portland Trail Blazers were some of the teams in the trade talks. He could help Denver.

Did you read that somewhere or is that just your opinion? Denver already has Jokic and just traded for Plumlee. While I wouldn't consider either franchise cornerstones, they are still very serviceable.

I also don't think getting Okafor helps Denver at all since they are already quite good offensively. He does not bring nothing for them defensively and he may actually be a significant downgrade in that regard. It does not help that Denver is currently dead-last in defensive rating.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Did you read that somewhere or is that just your opinion? Denver already has Jokic and just traded for Plumlee. While I wouldn't consider either franchise cornerstones, they are still very serviceable.

I also don't think getting Okafor helps Denver at all since they are already quite good offensively. He does not bring nothing for them defensively and he may actually be a significant downgrade in that regard. It does not help that Denver is currently dead-last in defensive rating.

Agreed and to be fair, Jokic is WAY more than serviceable. He's he's had months where he put up 23/12/5 assists on 60% shooting and over 50% from 3. Plumlee likewise is a huge assist guy they set up to initiate the offense from the high post. Okafor has no place on that team.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Embiid truly is a monster and when healthy I think he is franchise talent. The problem is the "when healthy".

He's a 3rd year rookie, who is on a minute, game restriction and missing the rising stars game this weekend because of another injury.

If he stays healthy and can play 32 mpg for a team regularly, Sixers struck gold.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just an opinion. I believe Jahlil can be a asset if given a chance. I still wish LA had taken him rather than DLO.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

MRI time for Embiid. Sad.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18779961/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-undergo-mri-injured-knee
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: