What's your ranking of the top ten current NBA players?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: What's your ranking of the top ten current NBA players?

My list has shifted since the start of the season somewhat. I'd say:

1) LeBron
2) Durant
3) Westbrook
4) Harden
5) Kawhi Leonard
6) Anthony Davis
7) Curry
8) Kyrie
9) Chris Paul
10) Giannis

On the outside looking in: Jimmy Butler, DeRozan, Towns, Paul George, John Wall

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

That's a reasonable list. If I sat down to do it, the order might be a little different, but not by a lot. I would probably rank Butler over Giannis.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Anyone putting Westbrook over Harden just doesn't understand the game of basketball
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
Anyone putting Westbrook over Harden just doesn't understand the game of basketball

Break it down for us Mr. Wooden.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Its extremely difficult for me to rank top ten players with no specifics so I'll add my own. From a Laker fan stand point, if I could build my Laker team this is who I would want in order.

Lebron (I depise Lebron. This is how good he is lol)
Durant
Leonard
Anthony Davis
Curry
George
Harden
Towns
Giannis
Irving

I think the 3 best players in the league are Lebron, Durant and Leonard but that's as far as I can go considering most teams require 8 or 9 nine guys to win championships.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

Westbrook's team is 21st in offensive efficiency, Harden's is 3rd. Some of that is due to personnel but it's still a massive difference.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

Westbrook's team is 21st in offensive efficiency, Harden's is 3rd. Some of that is due to personnel but it's still a massive difference.

That's your defining factor, team efficiency rankings? Not even the actual stat, but the rankings?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

LeBron
Durant
Westbrook
Curry
Kawhi
Harden
CP3
Davis
Cousins
Giannis
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

That's your defining factor, team efficiency rankings? Not even the actual stat, but the rankings?

Harden is a way more efficient scorer too... And is leading a team with similar talent to a way better record.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

Harden is a way more efficient scorer too... And is leading a team with similar talent to a way better record.

Westbrook leads the league in PER does he not? He's ranked 18th in Defensive Efficiency. Harden isn't even in the top 50. Westbrook averages way more rebounds than Harden and more points. Harden shoots 44% FG, Westbrook 42%, not that huge of a difference.

But Kawhi Leonard has them both beat in shoring efficiency and is a way better defender than either put together. So would you agree that Leonard is better than Harden and Westbrook?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

Westbrook leads the league in PER does he not? He's ranked 18th in Defensive Efficiency. Harden isn't even in the top 50. Westbrook averages way more rebounds than Harden and more points. Harden shoots 44% FG, Westbrook 42%, not that huge of a difference.

But Kawhi Leonard has them both beat in shoring efficiency and is a way better defender than either put together. So would you agree that Leonard is better than Harden and Westbrook?

WB doesn't avg way more rebounds than Harden. He grabs 2 more per game. WB avg's 2 more points but he takes 5 more shots to get them. He is a less efficient scorer. And they both have been playing subpar defense this year.

I'd rather have Harden because he has a jumper, which makes him a more reliable offensive player. He's better off the ball because of that too. And he has taken subpar talent to high win totals multiple times (assuming the current season trend continues). Two seasons ago he was playing without another star type player for around half the season, and had a multitude of other injuries to his starting PG and PF as well. He still got his team the 2nd best record in the West. This season he isn't playing with another star player and he still has his team with a top 5 record in basketball (3rd in the West). Even in his 1st season in Houston, with the likes of Lin/Parsons/Asik, he still got to the playoffs. He has a track record of carrying teams to more wins than Westbrook. The Thunder are currently 7th in the West, and when Durant got hurt a few years ago they went lotto. And don't fall for the false media driven narrative that Harden has a much better supporting cast than Westbrook this season. Almost everyone predicted OKC to finish ahead of Houston last summer. Here are a few examples:

Las Vegas over/under on season win totals
San Antonio - 56.5
Oklahoma City - 45.5
Houston - 41.5
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/v...a-season-overunder-win-totals-for-every-team/

ESPN Stein Line NBA Pre-season rankings
San Antonio - #3
Oklahoma City - #7
Houston #14
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17873365/nba-power-rankings-preseason-edition

Bleacher Report 2016 Predictions
San Antonio - West #2 54-28
Oklahoma City - West #7 43-39
Houston - West #11 38-44 (LOL!!!)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-projections-for-every-team-pre-training-camp

I think the system Houston is running is better for the strengths of their players, mainly Harden, but talent wise it's right around the same. But even when Harden was playing under a garbage system under McHale, he was still leading his teams to more wins. I don't see why folks are shocked to see a team lose more games when their PG is shooting 24 times a night, only hitting 42%, and slacking on D (chasing rebounds). Harden doesn't defend but he's so great and efficient offensively in an era where the rules favor offense, it's not a shocker that he keeps leading teams to more wins in the regular season. Emphasis on regular season, because things tighten up in the playoffs and his play there as a Rocket has not always been so stellar.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I like Harden, but Westbrook is the better player. The problem with Westbrook is that he is still a knucklehead. Just as Kobe felt the need to express himself after the Snaq trade, Westbrook feels the need to express himself after Durant dumped him. I have no problem with that. The difference is that Kobe was always driven to win above all else. Kobe might have developed tunnel vision on the offensive end at times, but he wasn't pulling rebounds away from his teammates so he could average a triple double.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: