Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther

Seriously...

Quote:
Irving touched on several conspiracy theories — some not so wild, like his belief that “there are extraterrestrial beings that exist in the universe,” and some definitely out there, like his position that the CIA assassinated Bob Marley because “he tried to bring people together and the fact that it was fundamentally built on love and truth and we kill people for doing the right thing like that — but things really got interesting when he unveiled his flat-Earth theory.

After Jefferson and Frye agreed the Earth is round, because they are sane human beings, Irving said, “The Earth is flat,” and then repeated it three times.

Link
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I almost made a post about this when I saw this on Twitter earlier today. This is why I prefer not knowing too much about celebs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

And this is why he dribbles a ball for a living and not work in the sciences.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

He went to Duke, right?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Not just sciences. Basic elementary school level knowledge.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
He went to Duke, right?

Wonder if they have their own special study program like North Carolina for athletes....
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

After Betty de Vos is finished with overhauling the educational system, kids will be laughing at people who say the world is spherical.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Btw, I think this is all a lame marketing attempt for his Uncle Drew movie.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
He went to Duke, right?

For a year.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

To play devils advocate, being fed info since elementary school is Kyrie's point. The teachers who taught us, they were fed as well. Unless, you can personally fly out of orbit to take a picture yourself, you're dependent on what others teach you. If you know Neil Armstrong personally, you are still dependent on him telling you the truth. We assume what we learn is true, we assume the highly regarded scientists, teachers are authentic and legit, we assume all the geniuses in history such as Newton, Einstein, Tesla, etc. are real and did exist, we assume everything in good faith.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

That's just millenial humor.

... yeah, I don't get it either.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

You can't travel the world, observe the varying sun and moon patterns, and actually believe that. You can't, right?
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Nicholson should school these dudes on physics.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

He's talking about globalization.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Is_Flat

Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

He's right you know... Have you ever stood on top of a ball? You would keep tipping over. Yet, we stand perfectly balanced on the Earths surface. Fakts.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

To play devils advocate, being fed info since elementary school is Kyrie's point. The teachers who taught us, they were fed as well. Unless, you can personally fly out of orbit to take a picture yourself, you're dependent on what others teach you. If you know Neil Armstrong personally, you are still dependent on him telling you the truth. We assume what we learn is true, we assume the highly regarded scientists, teachers are authentic and legit, we assume all the geniuses in history such as Newton, Einstein, Tesla, etc. are real and did exist, we assume everything in good faith.

There's also high school physics. We don't assume any more than we assume 1+1 = 2.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
He's right you know... Have you ever stood on top of a ball? You would keep tipping over. Yet, we stand perfectly balanced on the Earths surface. Fakts.

Would love to know which facts that his education has taught him have turned out to be false.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Would love to know which facts that his education has taught him have turned out to be false.

You would be scared if you knew how many "facts" turn out to be false in your own or anyone's education...
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

You would be scared if you knew how many "facts" turn out to be false in your own or anyone's education...

The world is obviously flat, everything else is an alternative fact.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

Lol, I'm not saying Kyrie is right...who really knows? Most of everything in our history books is a farce...Scientists are paid off by elitists...I have never been in space, and I am humble enough to say I do not know? Just like I do not know if there is an afterlife? I do not think the laws of the universe can be interpreted by man, we just do the best we can. We cannot even access most of our brainpower supposedly...so who is to say?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Pretty much everything in our history books is false. Our school system has adopted Hitler propaganda tools, that we are the greatest and most truest people and everyone else is less fortunate and dumb.

Just like the history of Egypt and Africa has been destroyed. The same could be said for the Americas. But hey, Christopher Columbus discovered America and all native people are savages and the Europeans civilized them...lmfao!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Pretty much everything in our history books is false. Our school system has adopted Hitler propaganda tools, that we are the greatest and most truest people and everyone else is less fortunate and dumb.

Just like the history of Egypt and Africa has been destroyed. The same could be said for the Americas. But hey, Christopher Columbus discovered America and all native people are savages and the Europeans civilized them...lmfao!!!

You're arguing history while I think most of history is built on lies that's not what applies here. It's more about physics, mathematics, astronomy, engineering which are built on logical principles and common sense. Beyond that in this day and age one does not need to be a scientist or to have gone to college to figure this out on their own.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol, I'm not saying Kyrie is right...who really knows? Most of everything in our history books is a farce...Scientists are paid off by elitists...I have never been in space, and I am humble enough to say I do not know? Just like I do not know if there is an afterlife? I do not think the laws of the universe can be interpreted by man, we just do the best we can. We cannot even access most of our brainpower supposedly...so who is to say?

Physics, time change, looking at other planets through telescopes, the horizon etc etc all prove the earth is round. Saying you don't know if the earth is round is somebody being ignorant not humble.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

You're arguing history while I think most of history is built on lies that's not what applies here. It's more about physics, mathematics, astronomy, engineering which are built on logical principles and common sense. Beyond that in this day and age one does not need to be a scientist or to have gone to college to figure this out on their own.

Some of history is twisted to tell a story but they aren't lies. Christopher Columbus did discover the new world, but he also slaughtered the natives. History wasn't just made up, but some of it is twisted to fit certain narratives.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

So because one doesn't understand how the world works, it cannot be possible?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: